♛ 12th Drop of Blood ♛

Dolls: Bloodthirst

"How was your weekend noona?" Seungkwan threw a free arm over Sooyeon, his other arm occupied with his best friend's arm intertwined with his. The girl looked around her anxiously, she did not want anyone to see them interacting, especially not by any of Tiffany's followers. Although they did not know about Sooyeon and her identity, there was still a way that the young princess would find out that the only girl that the famous group of thirteen boys interacted with was her. It was only on the third second of staring around hurriedly did Sooyeon remember that they were on the rooftop that Seungcheol had, one way or another, only Jeonghan knew how the leader got his way, possessed ownership from the school board after a random day of the fourteen of them about to have lunch in their usual spot. Sooyeon could still remember that scene clearly, with Seungcheol running into the area, towing Jeonghan right behind him with his right hand whilst his left hand clasped tightly onto a set of keys.

 

The leader had been exceptionally excited when he made the announcement, evident from the tone that was unlike the usual serious and low voice he had, with Jeonghan still attempting to regain his breath next to him as the leader announced that the group now had their own area on the rooftop of the main building, which happened to be the biggest as well. No one else could enter, the entrance to the place was enchanted by Jihoon with some kind of spell that Sooyeon had no idea about, so that only they could enter the place. It was not like the boy was not secretive with his work anyway, none of the members had really seen him work before, but everyone knew that the boy was good with his work and trust him awfully much despite not having seen him in work.

 

The first time she entered the rooftop, it was totally empty and desperately needed maintenance, and the second time she was there, which happened to be the next day, the entire area had been refurbished with furniture, decoration here and there, as well as things that each of them liked. Sooyeon had been amazed, seeing that even her favourite plushie character was amongst the bunch. It was courteous of Jeonghan of course, whispered secretly to her by Chan, since the former seemed slightly reluctant to let the girl know about his work and to be questioned by how the former knew so much about her. But now that Sooyeon knew of the truth, she appreciated the thought even more, not that she had not felt this way since the start. It was just that, the appreciation she had for her Hannie oppa was now stronger than ever.

 

Sooyeon heaved a sigh of relief, hitting her head softly as a form of punishment for forgetting that it was starting to be a habit for her to head to the rooftop that belonged to them and only them every time she had a break. Both Seungcheol and Jeonghan, fitting their names of the 'Daddy' and 'Mummy' of the group, had managed to bring a normal sized refrigerator up to the rooftop, together with a surprisingly large television, a cable network, some laptops and power plugs, and that was only the electrical section of the furniture that could be found on the rooftop. They had too, added permanent shelter over the rooftop, ensuring that none of them, or their things would get wet in the case of bad weather.

 

The place had became more and more like a home throughout the weeks since the group had started to use the place, and every corner was beginning to have the scent of a certain member, or two. Although everyone in the group besides Chan and Sooyeon were attached, they did not make the two single individuals feel left out, with everyone usually sitting together in one corner to chat or simply have fun by fooling around which was what they did best anyway. And that was what the members were doing that morning as Sooyeon took a seat next to Jeonghan and Seungcheol, the couple had been snuggling together whenever they could ever since Sooyeon had seen them that day.

 

The three, as usual, were looking on at the other boys like they were watching a comical movie, enjoying every moment they could. But there was something on Sooyeon's mind, and she did not know how to get it out. The boys had probably noticed that the only girl was unnormally distracted that day, evident from the all so frequent daydreams the girl fell into and silence from the girl. The girl tended to join them in one joke out of every few, which encouraged them to continue. That day however, the girl was too quiet that even the densest of the group, Junhui could sense that something was wrong with the former. This was why the group of boys were trying even harder than usual, wanting to cheer the girl up before classes started that morning.

 

Jeonghan was looking on the girl with his usual worried stare that he wore whenever one of his group members of Sooyeon were in some kind of trouble, be it with themselves or with other people. The boy was still doned in BN's female uniform as he tugged the hem of Seungcheol's sleeve slightly, it was troublesome to explain to the school population about the gender 'switch'. Besides, the only one who deserved to know the truth had already known the truth. The only thing was that Jeonghan had to suffer for the rest of his school life in BN, though Jeonghan did not care since he already got his goal accomplished. Just as the boys were about ask the girl exactly what was going on, Sooyeon suddenly looked up, making eye contact with the leader of the group, "Cheollie oppa, can... can I talk to you? Privately?"

 

The called leader stared at the girl slightly surprised, not expecting the girl to call him instead of the other boys like his mate. He paused slightly, taking a few seconds of silence before his mouth moved to reply the girl, only to be stopped by the latter. Sooyeon hurriedly continued, turning to the other boys with an awkward expression, "Er, it's alright if you don't want to talk privately Cheollie oppa. I can say it here too. It's just, there's been a lot going through my mind recently, and it became worse after Friday... so I was wondering if there was any way to speed up the process of learning how to block people out?"

 

The girl ended her request with a sheepish smile, with Soonyoung and Seokmin cooing at how cute the girl was at the moment in the background. Jeonghan sent the two boys a look, to which they kept quiet immediately of course, whilst an extremely concerned expression appeared on Seungcheol's face. Though it had always been Jeonghan who was more straightforward about his adoration and concern for the girl, Seungcheol felt no less for the girl as compared to his mate. They both loved her too much, too much to even explain the extent of the love in words. And they knew the girl well too, especially the fact that Sooyeon was the type to know express her concerns in order to not bother others. Now that the girl was actually asking for help, was something that needed to be addressed right away.

 

Jeonghan quickly shooed the other boys to class, after receiving a look fro his mate that only he would understand. The boys left unwillingly, but knew that it was necessary for them to do so since they did not want to make their precious baby girl uncomfortable, knowing that Sooyeon would be the most comfortable with the two oldest members when it came to talking matters of the heart. The most of them would end up being extra by the side anyway, they might as well go to class to prevent anyone from getting suspicious, they had already missed class together the friday before anyway. After the eleven boys were gone from the rooftop, the remaining couple turned towards the girl at the same time, Jeonghan gesturing the girl to start with whatever she was going through. Sooyeon sighed, accepting the current situation readily with a part within her having expected that this would happen as a result of asking Seungcheol for help. She took a deep breath, her words starting to move out at the same time, "I- I don't really know how to start... but Hannie oppa, do you know someone called Ahnmi?"

 

The said boy blinked, his eyes widening at the mention of the name that he had not heard in many years. The last time he had heard the name was just right after they had lost any contact of Sooyeon, and he could vaguely remember the last time he had saw the owner of the name, who was arguing and forcing her way through the endless number of people objecting to her ideas of wanting to find the girl.

 

The older lady later ran away, when she could find no one that went along with her idea, even though Jeonghan had in a way or another supported her, but he was still too young to even do anything then. And that was the last time he, or anyone had saw the lady, since then, it had been years since anyone had mentioned the lady, like the lady had never existed. It was not that no one felt the same way as the lady, to be honest, the thing that had stopped them all was that none of them had the courage to do what she did. Jeonghan exchanged a look with Seungcheol, knowing that the latter was thinking the same thing as he was, before they both turned towards Sooyeon, "How do you know her, Yeonnie? You mean you saw her?"

 

"She's been with me in the Hwang manor since my second year there, which means that it's been eleven years. Ahnmi is one of the head servants now, and she takes especially good care of me. She'd been the only one that had been there for me from as long as I could remember." Sooyeon explained, her gaze softening at the mention of the mother-like figure. Jeonghan's furrowed brows eased a little from hearing the girl's explanation. At least, now he knew that the lady had really found the girl like she promised back then before she left all of them, and not only had she found the girl, she had taken care of her throughout the years, when so many of them who wanted to do so could not. Maybe back then, all of them should have the same courage that the older lady had, and maybe, they would not had lived in such despair all these years. Seungcheol tighten his arm around his mate, asking for the latter, "Did something happen with her then?"

 

Sooyeon shook her head, a soft yet sad smile appearing on her face as she explained herself, "It's nothing much. But you know how I went back on Friday with a new power that I could barely control, right?" The two boys nodded, prompting the girl to continue, "Well, I couldn't really control it that day, so I wasn't really in a very good mood since thoughts that I didn't want to and need to know kept coming in. By dinner time, I couldn't exactly take it anymore and started wearing these big headphones with loud music blasting through them to stop the thoughts from coming in. They worked, don't look at me like that Cheollie oppa, they worked perfectly the way I wanted okay?! They were totally soundproof. Anyways, back to the story, Ahnmi called me for dinner but I didn't have the appetite for it, so I just ignored her, which I know is extremely rude, and entered my room without a room."

 

The girl paused to take a small drink from one of the bottles that Jeonghan had placed in front of the three of them, swallowing the liquid before she went on, "I guess Ahnmi was worried about me, as she always is, so she came into my room. I didn't felt like talking - don't ask, I really wasn't in a very good mood that night. I wrote a message on a sketchbook telling her not to talk to me since I was too tired to even explain anything, then she replied me in the same way telling me that I could always talk to her about everything. After thinking about it for a few seconds, I finally took off my headphones, but right at that moment, I heard Ahnmi's thoughts and I just snapped, pushing her out of the room straight away. I didn't speak to her for the whole weekend, and now I feel really bad about it."

 

The girl sighed, her expression telling the two boys of how troubled she was. Jeonghan turned to Seungcheol, wanting the latter to do something about it, only to be returned with a sorry look from the latter. No matter how many times Seungcheol tried, he still could not 'look' into the girl's head like how he could with other people. It was Jeonghan's turn to sigh this time, turning to ask the girl what she had heard from Ahnmi's thoughts.

 

Sooyeon's expression changed then, from a guilty one to an incredibly confused one. The girl looked at the two boys, shaking her head after a few seconds, before repeating the same actions again and again. Her eyes darted back and forth, contemplating whether she should tell the boys the truth. A hand appeared on her's, and her eyes looked up. Jeonghan and Seungcheol were staring at her assuredly, the former patting the girl's hand to tell her that they will always be people that she could trust and depend on, like she always had back when they were still kids. A short silence overwhelmed the three before Sooyeon finally broke into a bright and sincere smile for the first time that day, "Hannie oppa, Cheollie oppa, I heard her calling me 'young lady'."

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: Hello~~~ OHO, why did Ahnmi call Sooyeon young lady? It's something we all have to find out~ *winks* I'm so so sorry for not updating last week, I had a school carnival that Saturday and I was completely knocked out on Sunday.. :p Forgive me and enjoy this chapter and the previous one!! <3 Until next week~~