♛ 4th Drop of Blood ♛

Dolls: Bloodthirst

Lying on the floor in her room was the first thing Sooyeon did when she had returned to the mansion. It had been an extra exhausting first day of school for her, especially when Jeonghan had been trying to start up conversations between the two of them throughout the whole day. Jeonghan had been the first person to be so insistent on getting her to talk, the rest of her classmates had given up within their first few tries, leaving her be from then on. She did not know why the new girl was acting like that, to want her as a 'friend' that badly given that the latter already had friends and her mate in the same school.

 

The thirteen of them had transferred or applied to the school together, according from the vague memory Sooyeon had from one of the many small talks Jeonghan did in the middle of classes. They were lucky to all be accepted by the institute, there had been cases where many applications were rejected and those rejected ended up creating a fuss in school. The school settled the issue in very little time of course, and no one ever saw those people near the institute campus again. But the overall impression that Sooyeon had of the new girl was quite good, apart from the fact that the latter seemed to attract too much attention for her own good wherever she went. Sooyeon had always had a thing against those who had too much attention, one example would be her young lady, her dislike for any attention on her influencing her view of looking at those people.

 

She quickly shook off the thoughts occupying her head, getting up from the floor to get a refreshing bath that would prepare her for the night ahead of her. It was the same for her every single day when there was school - she would be at school for classes, then when school was over, she would return to the mansion to do her work like any other servant working in the manor have to. She had to make use of every second she had to order to do her school work, though her tutors do not really care or mind if she did miss handing up any homework, thanks to the fact that she had been the top student in her level throughout the whole of her first year. This is also why Sooyeon could sleep all she wanted in class, though her classmates had learnt to not ask the girl any questions since she did request for the institute to keep her score and identity a secret. Nevertheless, Sooyeon still liked to complete her part of work that she was given and it did not matter if she needed to stay up late in order to complete the intense amount of homework given to them even on the first day of school. She was just about to sit down to start on the homework she had, seeing that the manor's owners would usually be dining privately at that time, when Ahnmi knocked on her door, opening it slight, "Sooyeon? Miss Tiffany just asked for you..."

 

The older servant's tone was laced with worry, afraid that something might had happened in school earlier. As one of the most trusted servants in the manor, Ahnmi knew things that the others did not. An example of which was the fact that their young lady liked to play with a doll ever since she was young, a doll that was the girl she treated so dearly with. Sooyeon did not know that she knew, and the older lady knew that the younger girl did not want any questions so she chose to keep quiet about it instead. She had managed to convince their master privately to let Sooyeon continue her education, without any disturbance from their young lady's unusual habit, since the girl was still a living being, not an inanimate one like how the usual dolls are supposed to be. Her master had agreed to her favour, restricting their young lady's 'playtime' with various rules, The only dark side though, in return of the favour, was that Ahnmi had to return the master's favour in exchange, with a request that only Ahnmi could fulfill - her body. Ahnmi agreed without any hesitation, she could do anything for the young girl ,even if the request was to take her life - anything to make the life of the younger girl easier, she did not deserve it. What the younger girl deserved was much more than what the Hwangs could give them, and she was bent on protecting the girl with whatever she could before that time came.

 

Sooyeon nodded, heading up to their young lady's room without a word. She was not afraid of having to be a doll again, it was a weekday and there was school the next day as well. Despite how bold their young lady was, she would never go against her father's words. The only thing that confused the servant was what their young lady would have wanted from her so urgently that she had to summon for her right after dinner. It should not be about school right? They did not even had any interaction or almost meetings in school that day. She knocked the young lady's door, excusing herself into the room, eyes fixated on the carpeted flooring, "You've called for me, Miss Tiffany?"

 

"Ah yes, Sooyeon!" Their young lady was as dramatic as ever, beckoning the servant to move closer to her as she stared at the two different outfits she had set up on her bed, "Which set do you think I should wear to school tomorrow? You know how I have the choice to wear my own clothes to school..." Sooyeon pointed to an outfit that she felt was suited to be worn to school, according to the young lady's taste. The outfit consisted of bright colours that Sooyeon never imagined she would wear, apart from when she was the 'doll' of course. And as she had expected, the young lady immediately agreed with her choice, squealing with her loud voice as Sooyeon cringed slightly at their young lady's outburst. Tiffany went on to ramble, her words almost slurring together, "You always make the best choice Sooyeon! What would I do without you?"

 

Just as Sooyeon thought the young lady would go rambling on and on about it, the latter suddenly changed her topic, "Oh and one more thing I almost forgot! Sooyeon, I'm sure you know about the new girl who everyone said smiles like an angel," the servant nodded slightly as the young lady continued, "I heard you're in the same class as her right? What's her name again? Joonghan? Jeonghan?" She turned to the servant, waiting for the latter to reply with the correct name of the new girl in school, "It's Jeonghan, Miss Tiffany."

 

And the young lady went on as she put the other outfit she had put out earlier back to their places,"Tao had been complaining all day long about her, going on about how this Jeonghan shouldn't have seduced him if she already had a mate. That boy only shut up when I replied him, telling him that this Jeonghan probably didn't seduce him since she smiled like that to the girls too. I'd met her a few times today in the hallways, between lessons and I saw how she smiled to everyone with that smile of hers. Though I'm not incredibly happy about her transferring to the school, I guess she made that mistake up of hers by bringing her mate along. At least the boys' attention would still be on me since I'm the top choice of a female mate after all..."

 

Sooyeon could only smile awkwardly, she had always had a lack of interest in such gossips. Besides, the young lady was at it again, the same proud attitude that those in the Hwang clan had that put themselves on a higher ground compared to the others. She silently thanked the fact that Jeonghan had brought her mate along with her, or she could not imagine what will happen to the girl if Tiffany had her eyes on her. Despite having ignored Jeonghan the whole day, somehow Sooyeon had placed Jeonghan as one of the people she was willing to let in under her wing. The new girl did not have any bad intention, she could sense it. She recalled instances when the attention was on others instead of their young lady, one had ended up being disfigured, one paralysed as well as many other different meanings that had caused the downfall of those people's popularity in school. After many years, those who had been around long enough had learnt that Tiffany was to stay on top of the popularity chain if any of them did not want to suffer. Her young lady's question brought her back from her thoughts, "Do you think she belongs to any clan, Sooyeon? We would always welcome someone with such good visuals..."

 

"I'm not very sure, Miss Tiffany." Sooyeon replied awkwardly, only to elaborate her answer when the young lady sent her a weird look, "I don't really talk in school, Miss Tiffany." The young lady nodded in understanding, her doll do not usually speak unless she had the need to. Tiffany quickly ran out of topics to talk about, with the lack of participation from her servant. The young lady looked at the time, noticing that it was time for her gang to arrive at the manor to accompany her, she quickly dismissed Sooyeon, whose company was no longer needed. Sooyeon left the room in a jiffy, she did not want the young lady's friends to see her since the school was only so big. She had managed to stay away from them whenever they came over to the mansion in the past year, and she could not see why she could not for another two years, at least when she had graduated from the high school. By the time Sooyeon had returned to her room, which was a small part of the entire basement used as the servants' quarters, the servants had just started their last meal of the day. They beckoned the girl to the table to join them, she was the youngest of the whole bunch and they had always made sure that the girl had fed properly since the first day she had arrived in the manor.

 

"So why did Miss Tiffany call you? Was it about school today?" Ahnmi asked almost desperately at the exact same moment Sooyeon had sat herself in one of the seats around the dining table that the servants shared. Sooyeon shrugged, noticing every one of the servants' glances turning to her, "It was nothing, just choosing her clothes for the next day like last year." Sooyeon did not want the rest to know too much about her, no matter how grateful she was to them for taking such great care of herself, she still could not bring herself to share too much of herself to them. The only one she could share the most to was Ahnmi and the latter alone. The group of servants nodded, returning to their meals once that they knew that there were no gossips. It was how people are really, no matter whether they were humans or vampires, people had always channeled their curiosity and stress into gossiping. Sooyeon smiled, sensing the group's disappointment as she dug into her dinner. It was the only time she ate proper food, the other times of the day, she had learnt to survive merely on blood since eating proper food in school meant that she would have to be in the crazily packed cafeteria as she ate, and breakfast was usually a rush for her.

 

The meal ended without any more words or questions directed to her, and she was grateful for that, she was too tired to actually sustain a conversation without sounding rude. The girl went on to wash the dishes after everyone was done with their meals, before proceeding to do the laundry which was part of her chores. The other servants had left her with one of the easiest tasks in the huge household, seeing that Sooyeon usually had school and whatnot, which was another part that she appreciated of them all. The girl promise to herself once more that she would treat them better when she could finally sustain herself later on in life.

 

A flush of electricity flowed through her suddenly just as she was left with the last laundry to dry on the drying line behind the small barn-like building that was the other entrance the servants could use to get to their basement. Sooyeon paused. It had not been the first time she had felt the current, it had came to her here and there all over the past week. It first came when she woke up lying on the chair in her young lady's playroom a week ago, and it had been haunting her ever since then. She sighed, convincing herself to not let the whole electricity issue get to her as she returned slowly to her room.

 

Her horribly long day had finally came to an end, the girl lying lazily on her futami. She was too exhausted to even move a pen, not to mention doing her homework. She had given up, knowing that she would not get into any trouble anyway, and her thoughts quickly returned to Jeonghan as she laid still on her bed. Somehow, she just could not get the new girl off her mind, and she finally addressed the weird familiarity she had felt whenever Jeonghan talked to her throughout the day. The new girl seemed to really want her as a friend with all her heart and Sooyeon just could not bring herself to dislike the girl. Besides, the girl's group of friends appeared to be quite nice at the same time, Sooyeon had just a feeling about it despite having witnessed the boys' temper back in the school cafeteria during lunch break. Heaviness came upon Sooyeon's eyelids, a thought that maybe she should start making friends with Jeonghan flashed past briefly. Friends? She had always thought that she would never even gain a single friend in her lifetime, the girl smiled softly as she finally dozed off to sleep.