♛ 1st Drop of Blood ♛

Dolls: Bloodthirst

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sooyeon!" A scream rang in the huge but cold manor, "I need you here right now! And bring some of my cream puffs up too!" 
 

A girl in her teenage years, dressed in plain and loose clothes, looked up from the messy pile of paper and books spread out in her tiny room. She quickly answered the call for her, sighing as she closed her books and put her pen down. She got on her feet, moving to the top floor from the basement with superhuman speed in just mere seconds. She could already predict what was going to happen to her. The girl took one last, but inaudible sigh as her hand froze before the white door in front of her, the other of her hand was holding a delicate plate filled with freshly made cream puffs. But before her fist had even touched the door, the door had flew opened, revealing another teenage girl about her age dressed in the most extravagant clothes, branded from top to toe, "Sooyeon!"
 

"Miss Miyoung, how can I help you?" The girl bowed slightly. She had learned since young to not make eye contact with any of the house's owners. Somewhere in her memory, she could remember there was once where she broke the rule accidently, and she ended up being starved for three days as a punishment. Three days was the number that every servant in the manor had feared, the duration allowed them to be starved, but was was just nice to prevent anyone of them from losing control and causing a havoc in town. The girl, or Sooyeon, had learnt from then on, not to break any of the rules. 
 

Thankfully, the other servants had grown to love her, having seen her grow up from a four year old to the blossomed flower she was now thirteen years later, and they had always done everything they could to help and take care of the girl. As a result, Sooyeon had grown up being loved and taken care off, to which she will always be grateful about. However, no matter how much the servants could do, Sooyeon would never ask them for help when it comes to their masters' request, she did not want them to get into trouble because of her, especially with one thing - their young lady's twisted hobby. 
 

"What did I say about addressing me, Sooyeon?" Sooyeon cringed slightly from the screech her young lady had just made, the latter's voice dangerous and threatening. Sooyeon bowed immediately, her head down as she apologised, "Sorry, Ms Tiffany."
 

"Just remember that next time. Ohhh, cream puffs!!" Their young lady squealed, taking the plate of cream puffs from Sooyeon before divulging herself in one of the creamy delights. She turned to Sooyeon when she was done with her cream puff, the expression on Tiffany's face was nothing but familiar to Sooyeon. Tiffany nudged her head towards a door by the corner of the room, eyeing Sooyeon at the same time. Sooyeon started moving slowly towards the door, dread building up within her. She opened the door, revealing a smaller room in the young lady's bedroom. The newly revealed room was filled with adult-sized clothes, accessories, and shoes of various designs, a large make-up table with a crazy amount of make-up of all types on it, as well as a full-body chair like those found in those high-end salons. 
 

Sooyeon walked in silently, moving to the small shower located at the corner of the smaller room as if she was used to it. The girl stripped herself of her clothes, taking a thorough shower, including shampooing. Tiffany liked it when she was clean, she had to make sure she was. The shower was done in a short while, drying herself with the towel she had always used in the room before she wore the coloured underwear provided for her, throwing a white bathrobe over them.
 

Having gotten out of the shower, she walked almost automatically to the chair, lying on it as Tiffany entered the room behind her. Before she knew it, the same magic like all the previous times hit her head, causing her to start to feel dizzy. Her vision blurred, the last thing she saw was Tiffany's silhouette leaning over her as usual, and she out. 
 

~~
 

Tiffany hummed to the tune of 'Barbie Girl', which was playing in the background from the small player found on the make-up table. It was one of her favourite songs, and the song had been one of the few things that she did not change her preference of in a number of years now that she did not bother to count. She smiled, the smile slightly crooked on the girl's face if one looked close enough, finishing the last cream puff that Sooyeon had brought her just minutes ago. She her icing sugar-laced fingers, clicking her tongue at the same time as she placed the now empty plate on one of the side stands she had in her room, a lying figure on the salon chair barely appearing by the side of her sight. 
 

The girl was taking her own time, which a given having grown up as the precious next heir to her clan. Yes a clan, the girl giggled to herself at the thought of it, who would have thought that they were vampires? The humans were too dumb to believe they existed, instead thinking of them as a mere fantasy being that they had created in their minds. They were easy to manipulate too, she had figured that out when she learnt of her great, great grandfather becoming one of the great advisors of the last few Korean monarchs while learning the history about the country in school. Her ancestor had tricked the monarchs into participating of wars with the Japan peninsula, as the former watched the humans throwing their lives into something that did not even make any sense in the first place. 
 

Not only so, her darling father had managed to get the global human leaders to be at his beckoned in the last two decades. In other words, her father has the world right in his hands. Of course, there were a few stupid humans who had tried to fight back once a while, not knowing that they were going against a completely different race of beings, only to end up being so terribly moronic by losing their lives as usual. Even as child, Tiffany had despised the humans, the only reason why she even bothered to interact or keep them around her was for the food and their attention on her. Oh, how much she loved their attention, with them falling and spazzing all over her as if she was the most perfect person that had existed. 
 

With half of South Korea populated by vampires, most of the vampire population was congregated in the country without the knowledge of the stupid humans. There were vampires everywhere, and it was not easy to get out of the country once one had stepped a foot on it, especially the humans. The humans living in South Korea had gotten used to the terrifying fact that they were living with vampires, in fact, they had to be aware of being vampire food any time of the day, even when they were sleeping. Barely any of them dies, even those who attempted suicide, the vampires need them for food after all, how could they let a food source escape?
 

Tiffany continued humming to the next song played on the player, it was a new song that she was infatuated with recently. She had closed the door behind her after entering the small room which she termed her dollhouse. It was, except for the fact that the doll barely spends any time in it. She would like for the situation to be otherwise, since a doll should only stay in a dollhouse. But her father had warned her time and time again not to do so, her doll needed to appear as a normal being with a normal life at most times. She could not understand why, but her father had allowed her to play with her doll during the weekends and holidays when there was no school, and she could live with that. A few hours with her doll every weekend was satisfying enough.
 

The young lady walked towards her doll who was lying inanimate on the salon chair, ready for her to play. She smiled, satisfied that her doll had cleaned herself up before she started. A finger reached out to trace the inanimate body's left cheek, as Tiffany leaned over her doll, appreciating the almost perfect features of her doll gifted by her father whilst examining every difference the doll had from the last time she played with her. Letting out another satisfied smile at the fact that her doll was the exact same as the previous week, the young lady straightened her back, walking away to the racks of clothes, accessories and shoes. 
 

A new song played from the player, and the young lady paused to listen to the song, deciding that she liked it after a few beats and small segment of melody. Grooving to the music, Tiffany pondered how she should dress her doll for the day - she was not in the mood for frilly stuff, neither did she like things that were too provocative. How the humans like those clothings were still a myth to her, she had always thought that iness came out of how one behaved oneself, and not by wearing pieces of fabrics and calling them clothes. She liked clothes that screamed pureness to her, and everything else after except for provocative and short short things. Her doll was more perfect than that. 
 

One dress, hidden amongst the uncountable number of dresses in all styles, caught her attention and Tiffany took it out to inspect it. The dress was a simple long-sleeved button up that stopped right before the knees, cladded in small floral print with a emphasis placed in the waist area. It was one of the new dresses that came with the new collection she had gotten for her doll, she did not felt like trying it the previous time, but this time, it seemed to be the dress. 
 

Tiffany smiled again, the same crooked one plastered on her face as she quickly went on to match some accessories and a pair of shoes that went well with the chosen dress. Once she was done choosing the outfit for the day, she returned to her doll who was lying peacefully on the chair as always. The girl started to change for her doll, like any child would for her toy doll. The only difference was that Tiffany's doll was life-sized. When the young lady of the manor was done changing her doll, she continued the dressing up game with make up - a lipstick that was pinkish in colour to gift her doll the innocent aura, together with light peach coloured blush, mascara to let her doll have longer eyelashes from the already long ones, and a light pink eyeshadow similar to the colour of the blush. The whole process from choosing the outfit to finishing the makeup which was the kind of overboard doll makeup was undeniably short, and the happy young lady took a step back to look at her completed outfit and makeup on her doll. 
 

Her doll was too perfect, from her features to her body. If her doll's features were those of an angel's, her doll's figure would be that of the devil. Everything fitted the doll, no matter what style she had tried on her doll, every style was nice and perfect. She had always been envious of her doll, though she had grown to slightly appreciate it since her doll's features had made her playtime more enjoyable. Of course, if these happened to another person, she would have gotten rid of that person, but this was her doll. It belonged to her. 
 

Tiffany moved out of the small room to grab her camera, it was a special one that was used to only capture her doll when she was done with her. She had other cameras to be used outside and for other occasions, this camera was for her doll and for the doll only. She reentered her playroom with the camera in one hand, returning to her doll to take picture of her work. A soft buzz sounded from outside the small room, as the girl continued to take pictures of her dressed up doll. 
 

Once she was done, the young lady placed her camera by the side, humming to the songs played on the player again as she took up the bottle of makeup remover placed on the makeup table. She returned to her doll, removing all traces of makeup she had applied on the doll before before heading back to the racks of apparels. She started to choose a new set of clothes, accessories and shoes, and a new cycle started again.
 

Hours passed until it was time for her dinner appointment with her father and some acquaintances, with Tiffany on her fourth set of outfit that day. It took her a shorter time to play with each outfit this time, probably due to the fact that she was in a good mood. The girl left her doll on the chair dressed in the fourth outfit, leaving the small room to freshen and dress herself up this time. It did not take long for the girl to be done, but before she left her bedroom, she picked up a stack of photos that had been sitting nicely on the pink printer on her table. She nicely slotted the photos into a thick photobook she had taken out from a bookshelf filled countless photobooks of the same type in different colours. Tiffany returned the photobook back to its place, taking a glance around her bedroom, leaving her bedroom after in an extremely good mood.
 

It had been an appeasing day.
 

~~
 

Sooyeon woke up to darkness, with barely any light from a lone candle burning on the make-up table. A life-sized doll stared right at her from within the mirror placed in the centre of the large table. She blinked and the doll in the mirror blinked as well. She quickly took a glance at the wall clock in the room, it was already passed dinner time and the other servants must have been worried about her despite knowing that she was on the young lady's orders. Pouting slightly, Sooyeon observed the clothes she was wearing, which was of course not her taste and she stood up, wanting to go clean herself up to rid of all the weird things on her body. 
 

The doll in the mirror stood up. And she paused to stare back at the doll.
 

"Thats right", she thought to herself gingerly, she was her young lady's doll.






 

Author's Note: Welcome to Dolls~ I genuinely hoped that all of you had enjoyed this chapter~ This first chapter is unusually dark (even I got creeped out by my own writing when I was writing this) Feel free to ask me any queries you have while reading this chapter! I'll try to answer everything without spoiling the story too much :p

Until next week then~~