Proposal

Our Second Chance

Two days. Two long days since Hari and Luhan fought. Ever since then, she had been constantly calling his number but he never answered which caused a pricking pain in her heart.

It's only been two days but it seemed like forever for Hari and all she thought about was how to say sorry to Luhan. She didn't want to be far from him again. She wanted to be with him, only him.

If there was one thing that she hated so much, it was that she hated parting ways with people who is very important for her. Separating ways with Luhan four years ago was already painful enough for her. Happening it the second time around, she didn't know what to do anymore. A future without Luhan scared her more than she ever felt before.

It was already night, snow was falling but unlike the first snow, she felt so cold.

It was then when she realised that her feet brought her near to his apartment. She looked around and found a colourful, fairly huge playground where only two kids played in, while their parents were standing alongside with smiles on their faces.

It was exactly what she dreamed to have in the future: to live happily with two or three kids with the man she truly loved. Hari knew how lonely it was to be an only child, well at least for her. She had no one to grow up with, she spent her time alone, which caused her to have a harder time meeting new people. She never understood what is was like to have a brother or a sister. Most of the time, she envied her friends who had siblings. Though she had her parent's entire attention towards her, it was somehow tiring as well. Instead of finding comfort, she hated it.

Meanwhile, there's a man watching her from behind. Hands hidden inside his pockets, standing rather casually, with a smile on his face.

"So, are you just planning to sit there and leave?" he began to spoke, making the lady slightly flinch then turned her head towards his direction. "Are you not going to see me, Ms Lee Hari?"

With an agape mouth, she didn't know what to say. It was as if like words were stuck from . With her silence, Luhan walked towards her and sat next to her side.

"I...." she started.

"I'm sorry."

Two words said by both of them at exactly the same time. Both laughed with soft auras in their faces. They continued to look at each other, silence taking over them. So much contrast than the last time they talked. No tension. It became an opportunity for her to think about the words Yixing left her the day before.

"You know, he loves you. Tell me, Hari. How long has it been since the last time you two separated ways? It's been so long and yet it feels like nothing has changed, right? With such long years, you can't blame him if he feels a little insecure especially when he loves you so much. When you hugged me, it surprised Luhan, it's natural for him to react that way. Honestly, if it was me, I would've walked away without saying anything. The jealousy and insecurity, I could see it through his eyes. I know you still love him, Hari. If you saw the same thing, wouldn't you feel the same way he felt? He loves you. And trust me, that's what I'm sure of."

Yesterday night, after he had said these words, she couldn't bring herself to sleep. She rolled around her bed thinking of only one man. The one she loves all this time – Luhan.

 

He reached out for her hand, looking at her with the eyes she always loved. "It's okay. It's not like you did anything wrong anyway."

But, she still felt guilty and now, she was the one feeling the insecurity. She didn't want to lose Luhan. Not now, not ever.

"Why...." she started hesitantly. "Why weren't you answering my calls?"

The man smiled, "I was also resisting myself, you know."

Hari pouted, "Ya! Why would you do that? Do you know how worried I was?"

He lowered his head to look at her, whose head is currently looking down. "I just wanted you to miss me."

His answer made the lady playfully smack his arm, earning a yelp from him in surpsise. "Ya! Didn't you know? I missed you in the last four years. Didn't you know how happy I was when saw you after those years? I was so happy that I felt like I was in cloud nine. And then when we fought, you weren't answering my calls. Do you know how scared I was? I thought I'll lose you again. I missed you. I missed you so much. How can you do this to me?!"

With her sudden burst out, Luhan can't help himself but laugh lightly. "So, you missed me?"

"Huh?" Suddenly, Hari found herself silent in realisation of what came out of . The words she just said came out without even much thought. It became an unplanned confession for him.

"You won't lose me." he assured, placing his hand on her cheek.

"Really?" she asked, with eyes asking for reassurance.

Luhan nodded. "When I saw you in front of the café, it was quite surprising for me and yet, I felt so happy."

Hari smiled. It was the same for her. She felt bliss and couldn't find any other wonderful thing she ever encountered in life than meeting her love the second time around.

"And that..." the man continued hesitantly. "That day, when you hugged Yixing, I felt so jealous. I couldn't even stop you from doing it because I wasn't your husband anymore and that's why I felt so frustrated. I had no assurance that you're mine." he confessed.

Hari slightly had opened, looking at Luhan in a still emotion. What her mother had said, what Yixing said, they were all true. Though guilt was still inside her, she felt happy. Happy with the fact that the man in front of her, had the same feelings she had towards him.

"It's because I love you." The lady's heart beat rapidly each second. The words she's been wanting to hear all this time already escaped the man's lips.

She didn't speak but the silence satisfied them. They looked at each other's eyes lovingly as if the whole world stopped for them. The sparkle in Luhan's eyes were seen even for a stranger's eye. The bliss, the relief, the satisfaction were felt as soon as the words of confession was heard from his heart.

"It's getting cold. Do you want to go to my place or grab something warm to eat first?" he asked. He looked at her lips, making him laugh lightly. "Your lips looks like their frozen." he teased, making Hari laugh adorably.

They went inside a Chinese restaurant, ordering Beef Noodle Soup for the both of them. It was perfect for the cold winter night. Luhan silently watched his girl sipping the soup of the dish they ordered. He hasn't touched his own food yet but he already felt so satisfied and full. Watching his Hari deliciously eating the hot soup that warmed her up from the cold stay at the park was so delightful and pleasing.

"Hey, what are you doing? Eat up."

Hari grabbed a spoon full of the soup, reaching out for the man sitting across him to eat. Luhan can't help but smile. Everything seemed like a dream for him but he knew very well that all this was reality. A beautiful reality.

When Hari mumbled the words 'I love you' the night she was drunk, although he knew it was the truth, he didn't feel so satisfied about it. He wanted to hear her say those words without the influence of alcohol. He wanted to hear it with their hearts beating in harmony.

But Luhan got more than that, more than what he expected. When she hugged him the first time they saw each other again after four years, he can't describe in words what he felt after the long wait. There were times when he lost hope but he knew somewhere along the way, fate would bring him to Hari. He never felt so loved and special. The warm hug she gave to him was so unforgettable.

When she kept calling him, it was hard for him to resist answering the call. Heck, he missed hearing her voice angelic and gentle voice so much. But in every true love, there's patience. Luhan was willing to wait for it. A year, four years, two days, it didn't matter how long as long as he'll end up with her – the woman he loved.

And when he saw Hari sitting at the park, that's when he knew it's time. Time to confess and release all the things that are unknown. The sudden yet sincere concern and worry she blurted out to him persuaded Luhan to give his most copious sincere confession.

"Han," she called, pulling him out from his thoughts. The way he looked at her made her heart froze for a brief moment but she can't hold it in anymore. "I love you." she confessed.

Those words. He loved it so much. He wished that she would never get tired of saying those to him because even if Hari would say it out of the blue, every hour of every day, Luhan won't get tired of it. Not ever.

"What?" he teased, pretending to not hear what she had said.

She bit her bottom lip with a smile, obviously shy, feeling heat inside her body. "I love you."

Luhan stood up and sat next to her with a cheeky smile. "Yeah?" he continued teasing.

Hari giggled, hiding her red cheeks. Even if these are the words of love left in the english vocabulary, she wouldn't get tired of saying it to Luhan. The only man she ever loved so surely. "I lov–"

What happened next left her with wide eyes as Luhan's lips were on hers. His lips felt so soft and gentle, it wasn't long when she kissed him back, making him smile within the kiss. The kiss deepened and they both loved each second of it.

"I love you so much, Lee Hari."

Now, it was Luhan's turn to give the warmest hug he would give her everyday.

"So, it's us?"

The man laughed. "Of course, it's us."

∾∾∾

A month passed, Luhan and Hari were strong as ever. Things seemed to be so much brighter for both worlds. The man smiled and looked brighter than he ever was. Hari, on the other hand, never felt so happy. More reasons to look forward for a tomorrow.

All the insecurity Luhan felt vanished but he wasn't settling himself just for that. For the last two weeks, he was preparing the most romantic proposal ever.

"I'm proud of you, son." Luhan's mother said. "I always knew it was Hari. The way you looked at her was the same way your father looked at me when we were younger and of course, until now."

"Ma, I'm going to propose to Hari."

The mother gasped as excitement crawls in her system. "I'm so happy for you, my baby boy."

"I'm a man now." he defended.

"You were always a man. But you're still my little baby boy I took care of ever since your Dad and I found out that you were inside my womb."

The mother looked at her son's face. She felt how nervous he was as she saw the visible sweat on his forehead.

"You'll be fine." his mother assured.

Luhan was driving and it was two hours away before the sun sets. He was with his Hari, bringing her to the beach where he planned to do his proposal.

"Where are we going?" the lady asked curiously.

Luhan fixed the bridge of his sunglasses protecting his eyes from the bright sun's ray. He was starting to doubt that the sun is setting in two hours. It was too bright. Now he was just hoping that his plans won't fail. Because this proposal is one of the most important part of his lifetime. Though, he was worried, he gave his angel a smile. A sweet smile.

"You'll see."

His mysterious answer gave Hari a sense of excitement. She anticipated everything when it came to Luhan.

It was about an hour and a half when they arrived at the beach. The sound of the waves were so refreshing in their ears. The wind was cool but not chilly.

"Wahhhhhh!" Hari squealed, running to the waves but quickly ran back to the sand, realising that the water was colder than she expected.

Luhan watched her from behind, admiring how she ran around the beach side. He looked to the side, where a restaurant was located while on the other was a huge souvenir shop. He smiled as he saw his friends giving him a thumbs up, assuring that everything was ready to go.

He took a deep breath and walked towards Hari. "Wanna see some magic?" he spoke gently against her skin, feeling his breath. She pressed her lips together as the gesture sent chills down to her spines.

She turned her head around and nodded. Luhan reached for his big handkerchief that was hidden in his pocket. His scent reached her nose as soon as he wrapped the cloth around her eyes.

"We're going to see the sun set." he whispered in her ears.

While all these was happening, his friends quickly had the place set out. Slowly, they were getting there. He was getting close. And it was all finished, he feltt his heart beating faster and faster.

"One, two, three..." he started the countdown, remaining as calm as possible and unwrapped the cloth that was covering her eyes.

Hari gasped in astonishment as the changing colours of the sky while the sun was setting was too magical for words to describe. "It's so beautiful."

Until she had enough time to admire the beauty, he proceeded with his plan. "Turn around." he spoke gently.

What was in front her eyes were more beautiful than the scenery she just saw. A beautiful, calming and romantic music started playing. There were beads of light hanging in the air, as lanterns were formed in a heart. They were inside that heart. Petals of roses were beautifully scattered everywhere. But there was more than that, boards were raised up that read "My Hari, will you marry me, again?". It was written in a well-flowed calligraphy.

Luhan turned around to face Hari who now had watery eyes. He looked at her worriedly. "Why are you crying?"

She smiled, "I'm just too happy."

The man kneeled on one knee, taking out the most beauteous engagemeng ring Hari had ever seen. "Lee Hari, will you marry me?" She just smiled, admiring the moment. "This time no pretends, no ending contracts like before. This time this marriage will be a very beautiful lifetime contract. This is our second chance. I love you. Please let me spend the rest of my lifetime with you."

Hari bent down, cupping his face. "Yes... Yes, I will marry you, Mr Lu Han." she whispered, her voice almost cracking because of the bliss she felt. But the voice sounded so clear to him. He didn't miss a single breath and syllable that came out from her.

He wore the ring on her ring finger and gave her a loving hug. A hug of love, happiness, and forever.

∾∾∾

Author's Note:

And that marks the end of 'Our Second Chance'. I hope you guys enjoyed even though everything was so simple. Thank you everyone! Now, can we enjoy old GIFs of Luhan with his beautiful smile? :) Oh and if you liked it, I hope you upvote the story. Thank you so much again!

*GIFs aren't mine. Credit to respective owners.