Memories

Our Second Chance

"It's you."

Luhan smiled with bliss when he heard Hari sounding so sure when she blurted the two words. The sense of happiness he felt can be clearly seen at how his eyes turned into crescents as his smile curved genuinely.

He took steps closer to her, as she stood with agape. Hari realised how much she had miss him. Seeing him, right there, in front of her felt surreal for her. Luhan was about to talk when the lady did not hesitate to hug him tight, wrapping her arms around her neck.

The gesture left him surprised, taken aback at Hari's initiative. Looking back, it wasn't often when both of them shared hugs, kisses or even holding hands. All those were done in front of his grandfather for an act. Luhan softly placed his hand on her back, caressing it. He smiled once again as he felt her head resting comfortably on his shoulder.

Hari quickly let go of the hug after realising her act. She looked at him, quite surprised of what she had done. Clearing , she looked away with an embarrassed face. The man chuckled. Indeed, Hari is the cutest whenever she felt embarrassed.

"How have you been?" he asked casually.

She looked at him as flashbacks of what happened within the last four years came to her head. Hari was fine. She was living....okay. She got a job that she had passion in, she was earning money and she's living in a decent penthouse with her mother. But it was nothing compared to the life she had before. The life...with him – with Luhan.

"I've been well." she answered softly. "You?"

He looked at her, "Same. It was alright. I just came to drop by some things to my Aunt's house."

All this time, Luhan thought Hari went overseas to work, maybe to forget and leave everything behind. Well, that's what he heard from her cousin so seeing her wasn't exactly unexpected but rather just surprising.

"I thought you were..." Even before he was able to finish his sentence, Hari already knew what he was referring to.

"I was abroad?" she asked, earning a light nod from him. "I was." she said. "But I came back almost 2 years now. The company was persistent hiring me so I just grabbed it. After all, working in your home country is more comfortable than in a foreign one."

With her answer, Luhan realised that she was still the same – she's not very fond of meeting unfamiliar faces.

Hari did not work in a foreign country to forget. It was just plainly to start a new beginning, to get used at the fact that there are some changes after their marriage ended.

"Can I invite you?" he asked again, making the lady tilt her head on an angle, slightly bringing her eyebrows together.

"Invite me?" she asked.

"Yeah," he smiles. Something that always made the lady's heart beat slightly faster than its usual beat. "Invite you to my place. To catch up."

Hari didn't hesitate accepting his invitation. It was an opportunity for her to meet and get to know the person who made the most beautiful memories in her heart once again.

For every opportunity he had to be with her, Luhan grabbed it. Even before, the first time they met, the time they married each other and the days after that, he found Hari's company calm, relaxing and comfortable. He always felt that he could be just himself whenever she's around. No need to adjust, no need to pretend, just him. Whenever she's around him, he always felt loved and accepted. He had flaws, for sure, but Hari never used those against him. She showed him that even flaws aren't meant to be hidden, that flaws can be beautiful.

Even with his ex-girlfriend, Jee, he always had to change a bit of himself whenever he was with her. Back in University, Luhan had always to act closer to Jee's ideal type of man. If he didn't do so, he knew she wouldn't agree to date him. He was captivated with her stunning features the first time Luhan saw her. He liked her to the extent of watching her from afar all day. It took him 3 months to confess and to his luck, she agreed to date him. As days and months passed by, he started to change himself for Jee's wants. She was stuck at the idea of ideal perfect boyfriend every girl would envy for. It came to the point where he looked at himself in the mirror and he just couldn't recognise who he was. Luhan lost his identity, he failed to know who he really was. It broke him. It broke him to know that he wasn't enough for his first love, that he had to change to be accepted. But with Hari, he was just him. That's why Luhan enjoyed her presence. (And there's more than that)

"What drink would you like?" he asks her as they both entered his modernly designed apartment.

As an architect, Hari was pretty stunned at how he has his place set out. was agape, admiring through each corner of his place, failing to respond at Luhan's question.

"Don't analyse or criticise my place too much, Ms Architect." he joked, interrupting her fascination. "It's far from your high standards." he continued with a grin but the lady was able to catch what he said.

Hari turned her gaze to him and laughed, "It's nothing like that, Mr." she denied. "In fact, your place left me speechless. It's beautiful. It's just like you."

Hearing this from her, he felt proud of himself. The whole intention of not hiring an interior designer was because he wanted his apartment to reflect him; his character and personality. Hari spotted it and he felt happy about it.

Luhan was at the kitchen, preparing something for her to have. He wondered what she would like, considering that she didn't answer his question. He opened his fridge when he spotted that one drink Hari loves – strawberry milk.

"Here." he offered the milk carton to her in which she accepted with no hesitance.

"You still remember?" she asked curiously, sipping the drink.

Of course, Luhan does. Luhan remembers every single moment they spent together. He never forgot a single bit of it. The times they had fun together, the times they fought like somewhat real couple and the times they were there for each other, he remembers it all. Through those times, he got to know her more and more.

"I do." he simply answered.

She looked at him in awe and fascination. It surprised her at how he remembered this little detail of her after the years passed. Although, it was the same way for her. If she was asked, Hari never forgot anything about Luhan. She knew him like she met him even before the contract marriage.

"Ah!" The man suddenly remembered something inside his head. "Wait here." he said, making her feel slightly bewildered. Before she was able to reply, he had already dashed off to his room.

She continued sipping her favourite drink, waiting for him to come back. She decided to walk around his place, as she felt awkward sitting on her own on the couch. She saw the picture frames of him and his family. It showed how Luhan loves and values his family – another thing about him that she loves. She took another step when she slightly lost her balance, making her stumble. Reflexes urge her to hold onto anything she can to regain balance that caused her to accidentally move a box that was placed next to the frames.

Hari panicked and quickly bent down to place everything that fell out the box back inside. She flipped over the printed photos to notice that it was a picture of her and Luhan. All these photos were proof to his grandfather that they are together for real. They took them like how a real couple would. The happy face his grandfather would show satisfied them, making their acts easier to do. At first it was awkward, but as they continued, it became natural. It has gone to a point that some of the latest photos they took were unconsciously not acts anymore. It was real, genuine.

She felt mild astonishment, looking through the photos. Luhan didn't throw them away. He kept them. She felt her heart feel warm as it skipped a beat. But why? Why did he kept them? Hari was intrigued.

"Hari?"

A voice called her name softly. She didn't turn around to find out who was calling her. She stood up, turning around as she held the photos in front of her.

"You still have these..." she mumbled and Luhan nodded. "But why?"