Concert

I Must Be Crazy

Today’s the day before Christmas. Taehyung stayed home and locked himself in his room, playing computer games all day. When he got bored he went downstairs to watch TV. He the TV and flipped through the channels, looking for something to settle his attention on. After few minutes, he went to the kitchen to find something to eat as he felt his stomach growling and saw her mom and aunt busy preparing for Christmas dinner. He picked up a piece of meat on the plate and ate half of it. His mom shoo him out the kitchen as soon as she saw him eating all the food they are preparing for Christmas Eve.

Taehyung moved back into the living room and sat down on the sofa once more putting his feet up on the coffee table and stared at TV. He noticed his shoulders were tight and hunched as he tried to focus on the TV program he was watching. He wished he could just settle down and relax but the more he tried to find something to focus his mind on, the more his mind seemed unfocused. He feel so bored staying home all day and wanted to go to Jaebum’s house but he already told Dahyun that he will be very busy today which is a lie since her mom wants him out the kitchen so he can’t just show up to their house today.

After a few minutes, a wave of both irritation and sadness came over him, and he began to think about the concert. Why the hell did I buy those tickets anyway?! I just wasted my money! Well he thought that it will be a good gift for her on Christmas since one of her favorite band will be going to perform tonight that’s why he bought the tickets. Dahyun is like a little sister to him anyway. Taehyung thought that it’s a waste of money not using the tickets he bought and decided to go to the live concert alone.

 


 

Hoping to make a good impression for their date tonight, Dahyun was in panic mode. She stood in front of her closet, breathing heavy. I have nothing to wear! Dahyun thought, staring in her clothes. She flipped through all the shirts, passing on every one of them for whatever reason she could find. Eventually she decided to wear cozy shirt layered with a long zippered casual windbreaker coat and hidden wedge short boots over a simple pair of black leggings. Dahyun was satisfied with her choice and picked out a sky blue colored leather crossbody bag.

Dahyun was running towards their meeting place. She stopped when she saw Jungkook standing in front of the bookstore. Dahyun took a moment to fix her hair and compose herself before walking over his direction.

“G-Good afternoon!” she greeted.

“Good afternoon… You look good today”

“Thanks” Dahyun replied sheepishly.

“Let’s get going, the concert will begin in thirty minutes.”

They walked across the street making small talk towards the venue. They present their tickets and took a seat near the stage. It’s an outdoor stage at Banpo Bridge and everyone can watch it from a far but only who have tickets can enter inside the metal fencing around the site and take a seat in front of the stage.

“I’m excited for the concert!”

“Yeah, look forward to it as well. I mean CNblue is one of favorite band and they’ll perform tonight so I was just happy that you invited me here.”

“Really you like them?”

Dahyun nods rapidly. Jungkook suddenly sang one of their songs and she can’t help but be mesmerized by his sweet voice.

“Oh I like that song so much, especially its beat!”

“Me too… the lyrics are really good though.”

“I don’t listen to lyrics when I’m listening to music… Every time I do I get distracted by melodies and beats.”

“But music isn’t just all about its melody and beat. Lyrics are more important to me than they seem to be to most people. If a song has amazing music but terrible lyrics, chances are I won’t listen to it much. I remember many songs for their lyrics as much as their melodies and rhythms. But of course when I’m partying or something I could care less about the lyrics and go with the beat.”

The more she knows him the more she realized how different they are from each other. He is a deep person. Dahyun focus her eyes on the stage as soon as the concert began. More people showed up and everyone was screaming so loud when the first performer stepped on the stage. Her favorite band will perform last that’s why she needs to stay until the end to be able to see them.

“I need to go to the restroom.”

“What?” Jungkook could barely hear her so he moved his ear closer to her face.

Dahyun placed her lips near his ear and whispered. “I need to go to the restroom.”

“Ahh…” Jungkook looked around and pointed out the portable toilets at the back.

Dahyun went to the toilets and after she had finished using the toilet, she stayed at the back to check her phone. She jerked when someone poked her from behind. Her eyes widened as she saw Taehyung. His cold eyes narrowed on her, but she focused on his entrance wristband.

“What are you doing here?”

“Watching the concert…” Showing his wristband at her.

“But you told me you’re busy!”

Taehyung clears his throat and shrugs, changing the topic. “So… you’re with your friends?” He said in a sarcastic tone.

 “Ahh…” Dahyun trailed off. She glanced at Jungkook’s direction and saw him with three guys. She narrowed her eyes, trying to distinguish his companion. hung open when she saw his club mates.

Dahyun hid herself fully behind Taehyung and grabbed Taehyung’s jacket and pulled him away from the place as she’s too afraid getting caught.

Dahyun sighed in relief. They were in the other side of the bridge and were seated on the staircase, staring in the river.

“Tell me are you with Jungkook?” Taehyung asked after a moment of silence.

“Umm…” Dahyun lips pressed into a thin line as she doesn’t know what to say.

“Am I right?” Taehyung looked at her straight.

She averted her gaze and nodded shyly. Taehyung is the only person who knows her feelings to Jungkook.

“Ahh! You’re so annoying!”

“What? I’m annoying?”

“How could you…!” Taehyung looked away and turned his back towards her.

“What? Can you finish and make your words clear so I can understand you?” Dahyun grabbed his shoulder roughly and turned him around to face her. “What’s your problem with me?”

“Nothing… You will never understand anyway.” He waved her off and didn’t bother to look at her.

“Well I’m trying here.”

Silly man! He actually was under the mistaken impression that she was going to give up!

Dahyun poked his shoulder with her finger, which got a snarl out of him but no verbal response.

She poked him again. This time he sighed heavily and glared at her.

“Stop acting like a kid because it doesn’t suit you.”

“You told me you’re with your friends… how lame.”

They were interrupted by a small firework came from the concert venue.

The concert is over and she missed her favorite band’s performance and ended up with Taehyung when she was supposed to be with Jungkook tonight. She sent him a message a while ago but she hasn’t received any reply from him yet.

Dahyun cast a sideway glance at Taehyung. He was staring up at the sky, watching the fireworks in awe. She burst into a flustered smile because of how captivated he is by the fireworks and the cute expression on his face.

Taehyung must have felt her watching because he looked at her. When he saw her, his smile lit his face and Dahyun’s heart did a double flip.