New Girl

I Must Be Crazy

Dahyun sighed in exhaustion as she placed down the books on the table. She was in the library with the new student.

"These are too many. Do we really need all these books?" Tzuyu puckered her face as she checked the books one by one.

Tzuyu is a new transferee student from Taiwan! They moved in Korea due to family business. She was paired up with her in Chemistry subject and the teacher even told her to look after her as she’s new and still need to catch up in the class. Tzuyu is super nice and friendly but Dahyun see her as a competition. Why? Because Tzuyu is the prettiest girl she had ever met in school and this is her first time seeing a Taiwanese girl in person.

She doesn’t even care about popularity and Tzuyu could get that spot as she’s destined to be that girl. What she's worried about is that Jungkook might possibly like her and if that happens then it will be the end for her as she’s nothing compared to Tzuyu and all the effort that she had been through for these past few days will just go in vain. Tzuyu will be the princess while she is her maid.

"Of course, it's better to gather all the possible references so there's no need for us to scan the shelves again." she answered.

"But I don't think all of these books are needed, like this?" Tzuyu opened one of a book she brought. "What's the connection of this cooking book to our chemistry homework by the way?"

"Oh, there is?" Dahyun took it away from her. "I guess I mistakenly grab this one." she smiled and put it on the side of table.

Dahyun's new habit is to read cooking books every time she visits the library as she wants to get more idea in cooking and of course staring at delicious food. Seriously, why this girl kept complaining when she wasn't even helping her carrying all these books?

When Tzuyu was introduced by their homeroom teacher yesterday all the boys got excited and she can hear them whispering about the new student. She is a foreigner maybe that's why her appearance is kind of unique to them plus Tzuyu has a body and a face of a model.

Her eyes quickly find Jungkook and suddenly felt jealous as she saw him staring at Tzuyu in awe.

“You know what?” Tzuyu asked.

“What?” she looked at her.

“Everyone here are so nice and welcoming.” Tzuyu beamed.

Of course they are, especially to pretty girls like you. “Really?” she inquires and Tzuyu nodded with big smile as a response. “Anyway, it’s cool that you can speak Korean fluently.”

“Are you surprise too?” Tzuyu rests her chin in her hand, elbow propped on the table. “Actually I studied your language and knew Korean for a long time since we visit here every summer and used to talk with my parents’ Korean friends. Besides that I’m also listening to kpop and watching Korean dramas.”

“You love kpop?” Dahyun asked enthusiastically and their topic was all about idols until they finished their homework.

“He’s the class president, right? What’s his name again?” asked Tzuyu while they’re putting back the books on the shelves.

Dahyun looked at where her lip pointing and saw Jungkook standing on the other side of the bookcase.

“Jungkook…. Jeon Jungkook.” She answered as her eyes focuses again in placing the books on the shelves.

“I actually find him the cutest among the boys in our class.”

Dahyun dropped the book from her hand. No!

“Oh.” Tzuyu picked the book up from the floor and put it on the bookcase. “He looks alike Sungjin, the lead vocalist of my favorite band. Don’t you think so?”

“He is cute but..” Dahyun stretched her hand and gave a sign to her to come closer. Puzzled Tzuyu moved her head closer to Dahyun. “He’s a gay.” She whispered.

Tzuyu gaped at Dahyun in disbelief with mouth wide open. “Really?”

“Shhh,” Dahyun put her index finger over her lips. “That’s what others were saying but I’m not really sure.” She shrugs.

“If that rumor is true then I felt cheated.”

“Huh?” Dahyun furrowed her brows.

“I mean, I was admiring him the first time I saw him but then he’s just… you know.”

She smiled wryly at Tzuyu. I’m sorry Jungkook.

“Thanks for telling me this you save me from future heartbreak.” Tzuyu hugged her tightly that she can hardly breathe.

They decided to take a snack together and walked straight at the cafeteria. It’s break time so the cafeteria is loaded with students and most of the tables are occupied.

"There's a vacant one over there," said Dahyun pointing at the table closed by the window. They headed toward it and took a seat after buying their snack.

All of sudden, someone took a seat across the table. Dahyun cocked her head and saw Taehyung placing down his tray on the table.

She raised an eyebrow at him but he just shrugged looking at her grinning.

“What are you doing here?” She asked dully to Taehyung.

"Nah! Why are you always like that to your oppa, huh? Can’t you see? There’s no free table anymore.”

“He’s your brother?” Tzuyu asked.

“No, he’s not.”

Taehyung’s eyes shifted to Tzuyu. “Hi! I’m her brother’s friend… Taehyung.”

“I’m Tzuyu, new student from Taiwan.” She introduced herself and they made a small bow at each other.

Dahyun rolled her eyes as Taehyung keep telling lame jokes to them while eating snack but then Tzuyu looks very entertained as she was laughing hard with poise.

What’s so funny about his knock knock jokes? Those are for kids.

Dahyun looked outside the window and saw Jungkook under the pine tree with a girl. Her eyes narrowed and stared closely at them. Who’s that girl? Huh! Was she confessing to Jungkook?!

Jungkook suddenly looked at her direction and their eyes met. Dahyun quickly bent down so she was out of the window. Feeling embarrass, she lay down her head on the table and closed her eyes. He caught me! He caught me staring! She mumbled to herself while Taehyung and Tzuyu were looking at her in confusion.

 

A/N: Hi! I introduce to you guys the new character Chewy! Don't worry she's not a villain in this story! So pls anticipate next chapter okay! Thank you!