Camp Trip

I Must Be Crazy

School Camp trip has finally come and all students were hyped in the first school trip this year, the outbound activity was held for two days and one night. Dahyun on the other side was feeling sleepy and not even prepare unlike other students who would probably in their best outfit while she's in her usual simple pair of Dungaree short overalls, a black and white stripe sleeves, her favorite snapback and sneaker shoes. Her hair was a little bit messy as her brother was nagging her to move quickly.

"Ugh… They're in the bus already!" Jaebum complaints as they both get off the car. "If it wasn't you being so sluggish, we’ll be arrived here early."

She rolled her eyes, "and I forgot to bring my snoopy pillow because of you!"

"Stop arguing already." Dad said in a soft tone, peeking inside the car. "Remember what I told you at home don't wander around and stick with your group. Are we clear?"

"Yes dad." They replied in sync. “And Jaebum, look after your sister!” Dad shouted as they start walking fast toward the busses parked on the school ground. Jaebum gave him a thumb up as a response.

Dahyun spotted Tzuyu waiving at her through a bus window.

So they were there already. 

She hopped into that bus and was greeted by their teacher, asking her to sign up for attendance.

"There’s no vacant anymore so just sit there Dahyun. That is the only one left." Ms. Choi said, pointing the seat behind the bus driver. 

She shrugs, and put her bag on the luggage rack above her seat.

"Hey Dubu!" Tzuyu called her.

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were seated behind her seat. Great! She thought she'll be lonely the whole trip. “I’m glad that you guys are just here.”

"Had you overslept yourself?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Just spent my whole night stalking…"

"Stalking?" they both gazed at her in curiosity.

"I mean... anime stalking..." she lied. "There's lot of new anime that I had put on my watch list last night." she fake a laugh as they looked at her, frowning. 

"You must behave in your seat." Tzuyu whispered.

She winked at them. "Of course, I'll be sitting with Ms. Choi. Don't want to get scold."

Chaeyoung shook her head. "Ms. Choi was seated there with the boxes."

"Then who?"

She heard someone cough behind her. She turned around and saw Jungkook holding papers.

"Sorry," she hastily moved aside and sat down on the bus seat stiffly. She doesn’t expect that he’s her seatmate. I guess being late is not bad at all but indeed a blessing in disguise.

"Have you signed in the attendance form already?"

"Yes," she glanced up at him and he nodded as a response 

"Everyone here hasn’t signed yet for attendance." He inquires at the back waiving up the form.

They started become awkward with each other after the incident. She waited for him last Saturday in the Lake Park but he didn’t come. How should she reinitiate conversation with him to clarify what he witnesses at the hall lockers last time? He possibly think that she was confessing to Taehyung that moment but then she can't tell him the truth. She don't know what to say if ever Jungkook ask her who she confessed with if it wasn't the guy he saw. 

The bus started to run and Jungkook sat down beside her. Though she wanted to talk to him but he seems too busy checking the attendance form and managing his stuff so she decided not disturb him.

She checked her pocket, pulling out her iPod. She stared out the window, admiring the scenery while listening on her iPod. She leaned her head against the window until she fell asleep.

“Ugh…” She woke up when she felt her head bumped on the window. Her eyes find Jungkook who was also sleeping beside her. He’s so cute. I need to take a picture of him sleeping!

She slowly pulls out her phone and secretly took a picture of Jungkook while he’s sleeping but then she was mortified when suddenly a light hit his face with a flash sound made him groaned, squinting at her. Stupid! She forgot to disable the flash and shutter sound!

Dahyun quickly averted her gaze to the window, pretending taking pictures outside. “Ahh… this place is so beautiful!” she looked at him sheepishly. “Oh! Did I wake you up?”

Jungkook rubs his eyes and smiled. “I guess” He looked around. “Oh… we’re almost here.”

She looked outside and saw a huge welcome ark of the resort. They finally arrived at their destination after hours of travelling. The bus is now slowly moving to park. She was admiring the place when another bus blocking her view. Students there were all busy packing up their things. She raised a brow when a familiar face, smiling at her from that bus window appears in front of her. Taehyung. His face was lying on his hand, elbow resting against the lower edge of the window. He tilted his head, eyes narrowed as he saw Jungkook beside her. Feeling antsy, Dahyun hurriedly closed the curtain.

Jungkook stood up, stretched his hand to the luggage rack. “Is this yours?” he asked and passed to her her bag pack.

They get off the bus and went straight to their rooms to leave their stuff. She was sharing rooms with Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and another two random girls in school. After taking their meal they were asked to go outside for the first activity.

“Okay you guys will be divided into groups according to your wristbands color,” the instructor announced.

“Ahh… so this is what this wristband for.” Tzuyu standing beside her, staring at her wristband.

“I was hoping that we get to be in the same team but sad to say we’re not.” Chaeyoung sighed. “How am I supposed to talk with strangers?”

Tzuyu wristband color is yellow, Chaeyoung got pink and hers was blue.

“You’ll be fine.” Dahyun patted her back.

“You shouldn’t be worrying Chae… Look you’re in the same team with Junkook.” Tzuyu pointed at the guy from the middle of the crowd. “At least you guys knew each other since you’re in the same nerdy club.”

What! He’s wearing pink wristband not blue! Dahyun felt her shoulders slump in disappointment. Too often, the person you want most is the one you can’t have easily.

Chaeyoung shrugs. “We’re not that close.”

Tzuyu turning to her, whispered. “Chaeyoung told me that Jungkook isn’t gay and those rumors weren’t even true.”

“Really? That’s good.” Dahyun laughs forcedly and turned away. She’s been a sinner recently.

“Alright, now go find your team mates!” the speaker instructed and everyone began moving. Dahyun heard a group of students, shouting “blue team” in her right side and struggle her hardest to get herself to her destination, until someone grabs her right arm up from behind.

“Great! We’re team mates.” Taehyung beamed.

Dahyun pulls out her hand of his grip and looked at his wristband. It's Blue.

Taehyung coiled around her arm and proceeded to herd her off, dragging her to their team mates. “C’mon.”

Should I be happy because we’re in the same team or not?