New Neighbor

I Must Be Crazy

After a couple of years staying in a condominium unit, Jungkook’s parents finally bought a house near in the center of the town. Well, he used to live in that unit with his brother Junghyun for a long time since their parents seldom comes home due to endless long business trips.

He didn’t saw the place yet but according to his hyung, he will surely like there as he can use a bicycle going to school and the place seemed peaceful even though it’s a neighboring community.

Out of boredom, Jungkook leaned his head against the car window and pulled his phone out of his pocket to check his Facebook, scrolling the news feed. Jungkook’s eyes narrowed to slit as he saw Dahyun’s photo on his wall. Unable to hold it back, a chortle escaped from his mouth and filled the car with a small laugh.

Junghyun, his big brother turned to him from the passenger seat. “What was that?”

“Nothing…” Jungkook sat up straight and coughed to clear his throat. “I was just looking at the funny pictures on the internet.”

He took a look again at Dahyun’s stolen photo as soon as his brother’s attention went back on the road. He covered his mouth to hide a grin.

Dahyun looks like she was sleeping with her eyes half open. How could Chaeyoung upload this funny picture of her friend on Facebook?

Just the thought of Dahyun’s reaction when she saw this, brought a smile to his face already. 

It has been two years since he met Dahyun. She’s too loud and clumsy. He usually dislikes people with those attitudes but after knowing her for quite some time, her personality caught his attention.

She’s bright, she’s funny, and she makes him feel as if the world’s full of sunshine. He doesn’t want to admit it, not yet, but he likes her. A lot. And it scares him stupid. The way he feel about her is like nothing else he have ever known. He just can’t get her out of his head.

Jungkook is not really into social media and he never wants to create an account for the first place. He was just forced by the people around him. He checked his Facebook like what, like once in a blue moon. But then lately, he noticed that he constantly jumping on the website just to catch up with his friends and found himself enjoying viewing photo’s of a one person. Weird isn’t it?

Jungkook tap and hold the image to save it on his phone when a question suddenly came upon him.  Will I be labeled as a stalker for saving pictures of her on my phone? Am I going to be arrested for stalking a person on Facebook too often?

Imagining himself inside a jail cell, Jungkook swiftly powered the phone down again and tossed it into his bag and focus his attention outside the window. He must be crazy.

They finally arrived at their new house after about an hour. The car stopped in front of a large two-story house. Jungkook opened the car door, stepped out, and stared at the size of their new house then he looked around at a middle class neighborhood and wondered what the people were like who lived there. It was quite and calm. Although he hadn’t seen much of the neighborhood, he didn’t spot any graffiti, corner stores, or groups of people just hanging out.

Soon he was helping his brother and their driver to get the luggage from the car and walked through the garage. He was greeted by his lovely, four legged best friend, wagging its tail while jumping around him like she’s having the most joyous moment of her life.

“Hi, Miso. Who’s a good girl?” Jungkook crouched down and let the puppy happily his face. “Did you miss me?”

Junghyun poked his head around the corner while he’s busy playing with Miso and asked him to place the box to the kitchen. Jungkook took the box from his brother and entered the front door. He could smell new paint as he started moving through the house. It was bigger than he expected.


 

It was growing light when Dahyun woke up. She lazily cleaned herself before she went out from her room, straight to the kitchen for a cup of coffee. She filled herself a gaze around the house as she snipped her coffee. Her dad was busy reading newspaper in the front porch while her mother was watering some plants. Jaebum? Since it's saturday, her brother is probably asleep in his room until now.

“Hey honey.” Mum called her. “Can you water the plants outside the yard?”

“Sure.” Dahyun put the cup down on the counter and looked for her water gun.

She saw a van in front of the new two-story house. They’ve got new next-door neighbor and it seemed like they were already here.  She's excited to meet their new neighbors and might pay a visit later with her parents to welcome them.

The new house completed after three months of renovation and she’s finally free from hammering, pounding, drilling, automotive and metal noises. Thank goodness.

Dahyun was watering the plants when she noticed a puppy peeing in one of the flowers, killing her mom’s loveable babies. “Yah! You little puppy… get away from there!”

She tried to shoo the puppy away but it looks like that little creature wasn’t scared at her frowning face at all. She walked a little closer and pointed her water gun to the puppy. “You're not leaving?” her eyes twitched as the puppy tilted its head like she’s some kind of weirdo. “If you don’t leave right now, I’ll shoot you.”

In her horror, the little puppy barked so powerful that knocks her off instantly and fell onto her bottom. “Wahhh…!” her eyes were closed tightly as she waits herself being bitten alive.

When she feels nothing, Dahyun slowly opened her eyes only to find the puppy running away with her water gun.

She quickly stood up to chase the puppy. “Yah! Give it back to me. You bad puppy!”

The puppy headed fast to the van and into the new house. Dahyun who is determine to catch the thief follow the puppy and tresspassed into their new neigbor's yard when suddenly she collided with someone big and solid. Her feet flew out from under her and landed somewhat ungracefully on her backside.

“Ugh,” Dahyun muttered to herself, more annoyed than hurt.

The large box that the man had been carrying fell also. Embarrassment flooded her cheeks as Dahyun saw its contents spilling onto the ground.  She looked up while rubbing her sore bottom. Her eyes widen with hang open as she saw Jungkook, standing in front of her.

 

A/N: Jungkook POV for this chapter! :) Hope you like it and thanks for reading!