Soda

I Must Be Crazy

Having a crush on someone is a great feeling and exciting. Sometimes, you may feel fear that he might reject your feelings so you chose to keep it secret though your heart shouts his name every day and wishing that someday he’ll notice you.

Dahyun always wants to say the 3 magical words to him but too afraid to be rejected. Now, she gets up the courage to send him a letter confessing her feelings. Well she didn’t put her name on the letter though but at least he will know how much she admires him ever since they met.

Dahyun was like meditating while her teacher was busy writing on the whiteboard. Her eyes opened as she heard the school bell ringing. Class is over.

Dahyun stood up on her chair as soon as all her classmates left and walks out the room. She looked to the left and then to the right observing the hallway. It was very quiet. She peeps at the hall lockers to see if there was anyone there and walked slowly without making noise while she scans the lockers. 302… 302… got you!

 She stood in front of Jungkook’s locker. Her heart beat so fast as if there are zillion of rats’ running back and forth. It feels like she’s about to do a crime. Dahyun looked around before she pulls out a pink envelope from her bag. She took a deep breath and dropped her letter to his locker. Feeling the presence of someone standing beside her, Dahyun averted her eyes slowly to take a glimpse of him.

“Taehyung!” she exclaimed, giving herself a fright. He stood there stolidly and looked at her for a while without saying a word.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing,” she uttered, nervously and walks pass him. She refrain herself the urge to look back as she heard him opened his locker door. Did he catch me dropping something in someone’s locker?

“Hey!”

She turned around slowly and to her horror, her confession letter was in Taehyung’s hand. “This isn’t from you right?” he held up the envelope and stared at it.

How come she mistakenly dropped her love letter to Taehyung’s locker! But Jungkook’s locker number is 302!

“Give me that!” she blurted a little too quickly.

Taehyung suddenly looked dumbfounded, trying to study the situation. “This is from you?”

“No, I mean–,” she cut herself off when Jungkook suddenly appears and walks toward his locker beside Taehyung’s locker. Dahyun feels mortified as she realized her mistake!

“Dahyun... Are you making fun of me?” He said in disbelief with hand on chin while he looks up. “Ahh…” He grunts. “So you really like me… since when?”

Jungkook shot them a look as he passed them on his way to the hallway. “Jungkook,” she mumbled, eyeing him until he disappears from her sight.

“Dear Jungkook?”

Dahyun heard Taehyung reading her letter and in an instant, she snatched it away from his grip and runs away.

She feels like she cheated him and all the courage that she built were all went in vain plus Taehyung discovered her secret crush which she kept hidden for almost two years. Of all people, of all the hundred students in school, why did she drop it into Taehyung’s locker? Why am I so stupid? Things start to fall apart and her secret is not safe anymore knowing Taehyung, he’ll probably tell it to her brother and to everyone! Arrg!

Dahyun stopped and kneeled down while catching her breath. She was running almost half an hour out of the school and found herself in front of a convenience store. Feeling thirsty, she entered the store and walks over the fridge.

She grabbed four cans of soda and went to the counter to pay her bill. She wants to get drunk but since she’s still a minor Dahyun bought soda instead.

She walks out the store and placed down the plastic bags of soda on the table outside and sat on the chair. She opened a can and gulped it. Why my fate is like this? Why this is happening to me? Dahyun laid her head down on her folded arms, on the table and started to sniff. She glanced up when she feels someone seated across the table and saw Taehyung.

“Just leave me alone, okay.” She uttered and laid down her head again.

“Don’t tell me you’re planning to drown yourself with soda?”

“I am! So?” she retorted and grabbed another can and drink but then Taehyung suddenly snatched it out of her hands. “Yah! Return my soda.”

Taehyung rolled his eyes at her as he took a large sip of her soda and slammed the empty can back down on the table. He his lip before rubbing his lower lip with his thumb as he stares at her.

“Why is that wherever we meet you always frowning? Aren’t you happy to see me even once?”

“Huh?”

“See?” Taehyung sighed as he moved closer at her across the table and touched her forehead to smooth out the frown grinning. “Much better,” he said as he pinched her cheeks up to form a smile.

“Aish!” Dahyun shoved his hands out from her face. “Don’t touch me.”

“Why are you mad at me? Is it my fault that you drop your confession letter into my locker?”

Dahyun looked away. Ofcourse, it’s not his fault. She was just embarrassed that Taehyung found out about it and want to be alone for now as she can’t face anyone especially him.

“You make me nervous, don’t you know that? I thought you really like me.”

“That will never happen.”

“Who is Jungkook? Was he the guy in the hall locker?”

Dahyun grabbed another can without answering his question but he snatched it out of her hand again.

“He is?” he inquires, gulping down her soda.

“It’s none of your business Mr. Weirdo,” she said and took the soda from his grip. She wiped the mouth of the can before she took a sip.

“Ahh~ your brother shouldn’t know about this.”

“About what?” she gawked anxiously. Is it about my confession letter? Will he going to expose me?

“That we're sharing drinks.” He said with a silly smile as he stood up on the chair. “Get off your chair. I’ll take you to the bus stop.”

“Nah, I can walk at the bus stop myself.”

Taehyung sighed. “You are so stubborn,” he grabbed her hand and pulled her out of her chair and walked together to the nearest bus stop.

“There’s nothing for you to worry. I’m not going to babble your secret to everyone.” He said before she even step her foot up into the bus.

“Bye,” she uttered and get into the bus and took a seat in the front row. She glanced outside the window and saw Taehyung staring at her. She waved at him but he just turned away and started to walk, totally ignoring her. What a snob!

Well, she doesn’t understand him. Sometimes he’s annoying and troublesome but then there were times when he’s nice toward her. She still remembered the first time she met him during her brother’s 12th birthday. She instantly got a crush on him but as soon as he starts talking, her admiration to him was replaced by irritation.