Lucky Morning

I Must Be Crazy

Dahyun blinked, trying to figure out the person standing in front of her. What he’s doing here? Am I seeing things? “Jung… jungkook?” she asked uncertainly.

Puzzled Jungkook crouched down on his knees closer to her face and poked her forehead. Dahyun felt her cheeks heat up. He was close – too close that she could smell the clean male scent of him.

“You’re real?” he murmured.

The quite words drew her gaze back to his face. She nods between deep breathe but Jungkook whose still not yet convince suddenly pinch her cheeks wildly.

“Yahhh!” she grumbled.

One brow lifted as his smiled turned into a grin. “Dahyun!” Jungkook said enthusiastically with a permanent smile plastered on his face.  He quickly stood up, offering her a hand and helping her upright.

“I never expect you to visit…” he didn’t finish his sentence and stared at her, confused and uncertain. “But I just moved here so –”

Dahyun cut him off before his imagination run wild. “Hey, are you thinking that I might be a stalker or something?”

“Nah ah… You didn’t hear me say that.”

“Well, just to clear things up.”

“Okay.” He replied a little too quick, smiling from ear to ear which made her think that he’s a little bit odd today.

“I was chasing a puppy who stole my water gun and it went straight inside this yard.”

“Water gun? Why you have water gun?”

“I’m watering the plants using the water… gun. Didn’t you notice the pretty little garden just next to your house?”

“Seriously? You lived next door?”

“This –” she paused as Jungkook ran out of the yard to look at her house.

“This is your house?”

Dahyun nods and nods while walking toward him. She can’t help but notice how good he looks today. Jungkook is wearing a white long sleeve shirt and light blue denim shorts with white low top sneakers.

Why he is too perfect to be real?

When she reached him, he suddenly put his hand up as if he were taking a pledge in court. Dahyun knotted her forehead, confused at his gesture.

Jungkook held her hand up and slapped her palm for a high five. “You’re slow…” he teased.

She punched him lightly on the shoulder with the back of her fist just to hide her emotion and retrain herself from giggling. Why does it feel so good hanging out with him?

“Ouch! You punch like a man!”

“Really? Then you must be weak.”

“How many letters are in the alphabet?” asked Jungkook, the question so out of the blue that made her think twice.

“Huh?” she mumbled. I know you’re smart but why are you testing me in academic?

“How many letters are in the alphabet?”

“Umm… 26?” she answered uncertainly.

“Are you sure? I thought there were only 21?”

Feeling puzzled, Dahyun started to recite the alphabet in her head while placed her hands behind her back, slowly counting on fingers. Q, R, S, T.

“26!” Dahyun sounded confidently assured this time.

“Oh I must have forgotten the letters U, R, A… Q, T.” His little heart expands with glee as he flashed a playful smile into her dumbfounded face. She didn’t get it?

“What?”

She really didn’t get it. Jungkook was trying to refrain himself from grinning broadly. He puckered his lip, pointing behind her back when he spotted Miso standing in the garage, holding a colorful toy in .“Your gun.”

Dahyun turned around to look at where he was pointing, “My water gun!”

She crouched down and clapped her hands together, drawing the puppy’s attention. “Puppy, puppy! Come here. Come here at once!”

The puppy paid no attention but growled and charge at her, her unclipped claws snicketing on the marble floor while Dahyun easily dodged the wildly predator. “Ahhhhh…!” she screamed in horror. Never imagine that this little creature could make her break out in a cold sweat of terror.

“Hey Miso, behave yourself.” Jungkook grabbed the little beast and pulled out her water gun from its mouth. “Here.”

Dahyun held it between two fingers, feeling disgusted as it has saliva on it.

“I’m sorry, she’s never usually like this, as you know. I can’t imagine what’s got into her.”

“I think she want this toy so badly..?”

“Maybe…” he shrugged, “but believe me she is so sweet, and I do love her.”

Who are you kidding? You should have known that the little creature is a thief and a killer attack menace.

Dahyun watched him as he snuggled the puppy closer against him and kissing its forehead that she was almost jealous of it. The puppy obviously has no idea how lucky she is right now as it just kept a close eye at her.

Seriously? Am I feeling threaten with a puppy? She chuckled in disbelief.

“Hey, wanna come inside for some hot coffee?”

“Sure!” Dahyun replied without any hesitation and helped him pick up all the scattered items on the ground.

Well, two cups of coffee in the morning are still safe anyway.