Sing

I Must Be Crazy

“Bye mom!” Dahyun shouted as she runs out the house. It’s a Saturday morning and she plans to go exercise as a part of her diet.

She was wearing her favorite snoopy gray sweatshirt with the hood covering her head, a pair of blue Nike Tempo 3 inch running shorts, and running shoes with rainbow stripe colorful ankle socks.

Standing on the front yard, she did few stretches, plugged her ear buds in, turned her iPod on, and skipped down the steps to start her morning jog.

Where should I go? She shrugs and headed to the Lake Park which is one kilometer away.

 Dahyun breathed in the sweet morning air. “Mmmm.. It’s smells good,” she said in a soft voice as she reached the Lake Park. She looked around and saw few people walking, jogging, riding bicycles and playing with their dogs. So this is what it looks like every morning. She never exercised in her whole life as she’s too lazy to wake up too early in the morning and do some workout. That’s why she’s proud of herself to finally get over her laziness and started to live fit and healthy. This is all because of Jungkook. She shook her head as a small smile hovering on her face.

Her feelings for him are getting stronger each day and she can’t help herself not to stalk him on Facebook every night like a daily routine. She even viewing and checking other profile accounts that were connected to him on Facebook just to get more information about him.

Dahyun blinked her eyes as she saw someone that looks like Jungkook, riding a bicycle towards her. Am I seeing things? She rubs her eyes and looked again in the front. Jungkook stopped but her speed remains intact, still not realizing the situation.

“Hey!” she heard his voice but it’s too late as she already crushed in his bike. Her right leg hits the bike’s front tire and she fell on the ground.

Dahyun gritted her teeth in pain as she holds her right leg. Stupid! Stupid! She mumbled to herself.

At her side in an instant, he crouched down and ran his hands carefully down her arms and legs, searching for broken bones.

“I’m fine,” she said as she tried to stand up but then he quickly grabbed her arm before she fell.

“Nah, you can’t walk,” Jungkook pulled her hand over his shoulders and slipped his arm around her waist, holding her firmly to his side.

Dahyun felt frozen. Her first ever skinship with Jungkook! She can’t believe that it’s happening right now. His hand was warm, yet she felt like a nuclear reactor and his touch makes her shiver. She feels like floating in the air.

They headed to the nearest park bench and help her sit down on the wooded chair.

“Does your leg still hurt?”

The pain on her leg is slowly disappearing. Dahyun gazed at him and saw his face full of worry. Jungkook was wearing a white plain tee-shirt and a black running short.  She didn’t even notice his appearance because of her painful leg but now she could see beads of sweat dripping down from his hair and his red cheeks. He still smells sweet!

“I’m fine,” she smiled.

“There’s a nearest hospital here, I can take you there.”

“I said I’m fine,” Dahyun stretched her right leg to show that it doesn’t hurt anymore. “See?”

Jungkook sighed in a relief. “I’m scared that I broke your legs.”

“Seriously,” Dahyun gaped at him. “That thing won’t break my leg easily.”

He laughs at her statement and brushes his hair up with his hand. “Sorry, I probably look haggard right now.”

No, you look perfect!

 “You always jog here? I haven’t seen you around here before.”

She shook her head. “This place looks good to jog. I think I’ll be here more frequent.”

“That’s good. We can jog together every weekend morning if you want.”

Her heart skipped a beat. They will meet here every week end? Jog together? Something like a date? She refrain herself from squealing and gave him a fast nod.

He smiled at her and didn’t she mention that he has the most perfect smile she have ever seen. A smile that can brighten up anyone’s day and his laugh is like that #1 song on her iPod that she can never get tired to listen.

“Ice-cream.” he blurted. “You want ice-cream?”

“Ohh, I love ice-cream.” She grinned. “In fact, I haven’t tasted one for a week.”

 “That’s good.” Jungkook stood up. “Okay, I’ll get us some ice-cream. You just wait here.”

“Yes sir.”

He grinned as she saluted him. “Wait for me.” He walks away backward looking at her but his head suddenly hits the lower branch of a tree behind him.

Jungkook mouthed that he’s fine at her before he jogs toward the Ice-cream truck across the street.

 “Thanks for the ice-cream,” Dahyun took her first bite and savored it.

“Who said it’s free?”

She pouted her lips and slipped her hand into her pocket.

He laughs. “Why don’t you sing for me as a repayment?”

Dahyun looked at him bug-eyed. “Are you kidding me? Why would I?”

“Because you need to pay your ice-cream,” he had a silly smile plastered on his face.

“Then here’s the money.” She offered her one buck but he refused.

“I won’t accept that. I like you to sing.”

“What song will I sing then?”

“Anything… I just want to hear you sing.”

“But I’m a terrible singer!” she complaint.

He shrugs. “Trust me I can bear it.”

Dahyun rolled her eyes she didn't know that he has this side of him. Okay she will sing if that what he wants since this is also her chance to finally serenade him. She clears and started to sing “Be My Baby” by Wonder Girls.

Watching cause you got me patiently waiting

I think you are amazing baby it’s okay

You’re worth the wait but I just can’t no more

She feels comfortable when she saw Jungkook silently jamming to her singing.

Every time you look in my eyes I can feel that ya just wanna say

Three little words it’s not so impossible then you start walking away

I can’t help it I’m askin the question I guess there’s no other way

For you to just tell-me-right-now so maybe I should say it out loud~

Dahyun’s voice suddenly cracked as she hit the last note of the stanza and Jungkook blurted out laughing.

“Aissh! See… you’re laughing at me!”

He shook his hand, trying to refrain himself from laughing. “No…”

She looked away and felt her cheeks heat up.

“Aren’t you going to sing the chorus?” he nags but she refused to continue due to coyness. “Okay.” He said and sang the chorus.

Please be my baby, please be my baby

No I don’t wanna wonder any more

I gotta hear you say the words say the words, oh…

Please be my lady cause I’m going crazy

I want you and I want the world know that

I’m your baby and I know you feel the same, yeah…

Dahyun was staring at him in awe and cannot help but to admire his sweet voice. He was smiling at her and she felt her heart hammering against her ribcage. Who would ever thought that Jungkook has some major talent and it seems like he was serenading her. Are those words were meant for me?

“Wow daebak! You have an amazing voice!”

“Thanks.” He smiled shyly scratching his hand on the back of his neck.

Dahyun interrupted when her phone suddenly vibrated on her pocket. Her mum sent her a message, reminding her that they will visit the supermarket at 10AM. Though she hates to end this magical moment they have right now but she needs to go before her mom transform into a beast mode.

“I’m going… I promised my mom to accompany her to the supermarket.”

“Okay.”

They said goodbyes to each other as they reached the street.

“Dahyun…” Jungkook uttered before she turned away. “About you saw last time… me with…” he trailed off, “just some random girl in school. I personally don’t know her.”

She bites her lip and nods as she tries not to escape a smile on her lips. “You’re pretty popular, I guess.”

He shrugs and hopped on his bike. “See you in school.”

Jungkook starts pedaling his bike, waving goodbye, and she waved back. Is this the beginning of their love story? She mumbled as she broke into a huge grin, squealed like a mouse and then covered before someone notices her.