Miss

I Must Be Crazy

Dahyun’s heart did a double flip as the phone vibrates on her pocket all of sudden. Thinking it was Jungkook, she quickly pulled out her phone. Her heart rate quickened as she saw Jungkook’s name on the screen. She gulped, wondering why she’s even feeling tense as if she did a crime or something.

Turning her back to Taehyung, she answered uneasily.

“Hey Dahyun, it’s me Jungkook. Where are you?” She could hear breathing on the line despite the noise in the background. His voice sound like he has been running in a marathon.

“Ohh, I was just… hiding” She whispered as she covered the mouth piece of her phone so Taehyung couldn’t hear her conversation with Jungkook though she knows that he might already guess who’s in the line. She stood up on the chair and walks closer to the river, unmindful of the cold weather.

Dahyun heard his laughter over the phone. Was her heart swelling? Well she always liked the sound of his voice and his laughter.

“Why? Is it because of my club mates? Did you see them?”

“Yes,” she nodded as if Jungkook can see her reaction. “Are you still with them?”

“No, I left them at the concert. Good thing you texted me or else I might be having a panic attack of your sudden disappearance.”

She giggled. “What a coincident. You didn’t know about them going to the concert?”

“Trust me, I don’t have an idea. They never told me eh. I was surprised when I saw them there.”

“How’s the concert?”

“Well, I want you to know that CNBlue aren’t as hot as you think they are. They are no match for me.”

“Excuse me?” Dahyun tried to sound casual but failed miserably as she can’t restrain herself from giggling. “You really are full of yourself, aren’t you,” Dahyun snapped jokingly.

“Hey, I’m not bragging. I’m just stating the fact.”

Yes, you are.

Dahyun knew he was laughing. She could picture his cute puppy eyes and the way they sparkled when he smiled at her very clearly as if she had known him for years, whereas actually it was only a couple of months since they became this close to each other. They were friends but she wants more than that.

“But how’s the concert really? Did you enjoy it?”

“Of course I did. I loved music… good music. It’s just a waste that you missed your idols performance.”

“Well, there’s always a next time.” She replied, wondering if they could go out again or perhaps a movie date.

“Yeah next time.” Jungkook chuckled, but this time, Dahyun sensed his laughed was forces. It seems like he had something else to say. There was silence.

Suddenly she felt anxious. She doesn’t want their conversation to end but then she can’t think anything to say. She is waiting for Jungkook to ask her her whereabouts and then he will come over her so they can walk home together. Dahyun wanted to spend more time with him this Christmas eve.

But her hope quickly faded as Jungkook says his holiday’s greeting and good bye. Feeling disappointed, Dahyun sighed heavily as she hung up and slid her phone into her pocket.

“Dahyun, you okay?” Taehyung asked.

She startled at his presence and didn’t notice that Taehyung was already standing next to her.

“Ahem… just moments ago you were smiling big and wide like a lunatic here, the next you look so terribly dour. Have you been dumped?”

Dahyun looked at him grimacing. “What the hell are you talking about?”

He smiled teasingly and elbowed her. “Tell me, did he dump you already?”

“Arg… seriously you are talking nonsense. How can he dump me when I haven’t told him yet?”

‘Ehh… you’re so slow.” Taehyung put his hand out and ruffled her hair.

Dahyun moved away from him a bit and brushed her hair.  She hates it when he does that especially tonight when she was dressed up.

“Aren’t you cold? C’mon, I’ll walk you home,” he said. “It’s past your curfew anyway. You shouldn’t miss the Christmas eve with your family.”

Dahyun nodded and they start the long walk back home, almost forgotten that tonight is a specail night to everyone.