: 13

Gravity

Now, it gets slightly more complicated... (For new readers, I suggest you to read it from the Foreword)

Ready?

This is for Jessica's personal thoughts.

This is for her hunch 

 

I think you'll know it when you've finished reading this.

:)

 


 

 

Summer, who has finally mustered her courage to face God, kneeled upon Him. Her head hung low, unable to look at His Greatness.

How did Jessica do this? she thought to herself.

 

"Summer"

Upon the calling of her name, she could feel all her mustered courage, draining from the overwhelming power of the Creator.

She was hesitated to even lift her head up to glance at Him but slowly, she lifted her head up, just enough for her to peek at Her Creator.

"My Lord," she finally managed to blurt out something.

 

"You are here because Jessica."

 

She nodded before answering, "Yes, My Lord."

 

"I'm listening." 

 

Summer lifted her head higher to speak.

"I want to be with her on Earth, My Lord," she confessed. She heard a sigh from Him which made her to pull her head lower.

 

"Summer, the angel of searches and reflections." 

She peeked at Him again.

"You, the Summer who brings the freedom out of people to find themselves before they go through the solemn Autumn of Changes and Wisdom. Summer, who has the longest of days of no darkness, no hidings and only benevolence for beings to find their happiness, joy and warmth of their lives that will carry them through Winter. You, who give Seeds their strength in order to bloom after their sadness and solemn of Both.

 

Summer," He paused.

 

"Yes, My Lord." she replied.

 

"Have you not find Contentment in all the joy that I let you bring to all creations?"

She hid her face in shame for her ungratefulness. 

"I am contented, My Lord. But..." she was hesitant but she continued, "I believe that this Summer would feel empty without her...

 

Hope."

 

* * * * * * * * *

 

"Class! Attention please!~" the classroom teacher exclaimed while hitting the desk with a wooden ruler. 

Summer continued to watch over as a new student entered the classroom. She was wearing a pair of jeans, a cream turtleneck sweater and a pair of sneakers.

 

"Who wore turtlenecks in the middle of this weather?" the new student overheard one of her classmates' remarks.

 

She threw a glare at the group of girsl who were talking, startling them shut.

You are going to be okay. Keep your head up, Sooyeon.

The girl followed her sense and straighten her back. She took a deep breath and exhaled.

Stop glaring.

She nodded to herself.

 

Good girlThe girl finally smiled.

 

"Class! Today we have a new student." The teacher motioned the new student to come closer to the centre. "Miss..." the teacher was looking at her papers, "Jung Soo-Yon..." 

"Soo-YEOn." the girl corrected her teacher. 

"Miss Jung Soo-YEON." the teacher repeated, earning a few nods from the girl, "Okay. Please introduce yourself to the class."

 

She cleared before starting.

"Hello, everyone.

My name is Jung Sooyeon.

Nice to meet you." 

 

 

! That's too short, isn't it? she thought to herself.

Super short 

 

"Ooooo kay... So, Sooyon,"

"Sooyeon," she corrected her teacher again.

"Miss Jung, where are you from?"

"Oh! I am Seoul, South Korea."

 

"Do you eat dogs?" One of the students exclaimed, earning laughs and a few high fives from the others.

 

"Kyle! Behave!" The teacher warned. "Sorry but I think we will need to continue our lesson, Anything else, Miss Jung?" She shook her head. "I hope everyone could get to know her and make her feel at home. Okay?"

A few students replied to the teacher's requests, the others were being kids.

"You may sit here at the front," the teacher pointed at the empty sit. "Oh by the way, Miss Jung, do you have an English name? Just to make it easier for us to address you."

 

"Ummmm... I do." She was searching for a suitable name before she recalled the name from 6 years ago.

"It's...

Jessica

 

 

Summer."

What?

"Wait! I mean, Jessica!" She corrected herself.

Summer rolled her eyes at the girl.

 

"Jessica?"

She nodded.

"So, I'll be calling you by your English name from now on, is it okay?"

"Yes, Miss. Thank you."

 

She proceeded to sit at the empty desk. Apparently, she will be sitting alone for the rest of the semester, unless someone else came, in which she hoped wouldn't.

"Okay, everyone, please take out your Math exercise." the teacher resumed her lessons while Jessica... well, she was starting to get drifted in her thoughts again.

 

Cool! Front seat, no partner. I don't have to talk to anyone.

No, you have to socialize if not you're going to be a weirdo.

Well, I'm already am a weirdo. And I don't really care what they think.

 

Wait, where's my earphones?

She begun to search her bag.

! I left them at home, didn't I?

 

"Urgh," she accidentally blurted.

 

"What is it, Jessica?" the teacher asked.

"Yes?"

"Do you have anything to say?"

"No! I'm sorry."

"Please pay attention."

She nodded as a reply.

 

She sighed. 

No music~

She put her elbow on her desk and rest her chin on her palm, staring through the board as the teacher explained Ratio to the class. Suddenly, she noticed a group of girls were pointing and glaring at her. She assumed they were the divas of the class.

None of my business.

The girls were giggling and whispering to themselves about something, assuming the something was her.

 

Suddenly she felt something crawling on her neck. She quickly jumped off her seat and tried to get what ever that thing was, off her. When she managed to flick the thing off her, only to scream when she realised that it was a roach. She noticed the guy behind her was laughing while holding a small container.

"Class!" The teacher shouted. "Are you okay, Jessica?"

She nodded but her eyes were fixed on the roach that was crawling out of the classroom.

"Kyle! You will meet me in detention room after this!"

"I can't, Miss Miles. I have to catch a flight with my dad after school. You can call him if you want."

 

Jessica couldn't help but to leer at both the boy and the divas.

 

"Please sit down, Jessica."

 

She slowly sat down, still being careful of potential crawly threats around her.

"Dog eater~" she heard from her back. 

 

Ignore him, her hunch said. She sighed.

 

Look at the blonde. 

Suddenly, the class heard another scream, this time coming from one of the divas. A roach was crawling on her face. She was jumping around trying to get the roach of her.

 

"GET IT OFF ME!" She shouted. 

One of her friends grabbed a lab notebook and smacked the roach to death. On her face.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH~~~~~" she screamed for one last time before fainting.

Her friends surrounded her but none of them dared to touch her because of that gooey mess on her face.

 

Jessica giggled from her place.

And Summer smiled as the girl giggled in joy.

 

The school bell rang.

"Okay, everyone. Go for recess!" The teacher said, still occupied with the unconcious girl.

 

Jessica was taking out her lunch box when a voice greeted her.

"Instant karma, huh?" 

She looked up and saw a guy standing in front of her.

"Wanna have lunch together? I'm Henry."

 

 

Henry showed Jessica a few important places around the school before sitting with her at one of the benches. Jessica came to know, from their chit chats, that Henry is a Chinese Canadian who was temporarily residing in California because of his dad's work. She also got a good news from Henry that there will be a change in classes soon because the school management was currently a bit disorganized and still trying to get their together.

"So... Jessica..." the boy spoke. Jessica turned to him while chewing on her food. "Your name... is it random?"

Jessica gulped down her food before replying, "How do you know?" she quizzed.

The boy laughed at her. "You changed it mid-speech. I didn't catch the first one though. Still, good idea." the guy added. He took a bite from his spinach quiche.

"Not really a random name though. Someone called me by that name a few years ago."

"I like the name though. In Hebrew it means... something like... Foresight?" he said, his mouth filled.

"Foresight?" Jessica quized.

"Yeah," he continued with food in his mouth, "like being to be able to see the future or something. Which kinda cool if our names symbolizes a superpower."

 

"Ooo..." Jessica nodded.

 

* * * * * * * * *

"Hope?" He questioned the angel's statement.

Summer nodded.

"For one to able to find, he must first know what he is looking for. If not, he'll be Lost in an eternal search and he shall be an empty vessel, weary without Hope.

For one to gain strength to start his search in Summer, he must be able to Foresee the beautiful scenery that awaits him in Spring. Only with that, even when my warmth is gone, he will keep my strength with him as he walks through the Loneliness of Autumn and the Barrenness of Winter."

 

"Your point?"

 

"My point is,...

 

 

 

...I need Jessica. Because only with her, I could Foresee beyond the hardship. 

 

Because she is my Spring.

 

My flower."

 

 

 

He hummed in thoughts, "Have you ever felt 'love', Summer?"

 

She looked at Him for a moment, before lowering her gaze again.

"None that I am aware of, My Lord."

 

He hummed again.

"What is your wish, Summer?"

 

Her eyes lightened up at the question.

"I wish to be a human with Jessica, My Lord."

 

But His answer devastated her soon enough.

"No."

 

"But why!" She accidentally raised her voice but quickly apologized when she realized it.

 

"I need not to explain Myself."

 

Summer looked down in disappointment.

"But I will give you a chance,"

She smiled at the statement before He continued,

"and a punishment."

 

 

"A chance will suffice, My Lord."

 

 

"Summer, you will be her Guardian Angel for as long as she lives,"

She brightened up and continued listening to Him.

"You are allowed to watch over her but you dare not force her to decide when she is faced with a crossroad or hurt another human for her sake."

She nodded.

"As for the punishment," 

Summer waited, restless thinking of what will be imposed upon her.

"I will give you emotions for you to be with on Earth and Love to foster your lonely Heart BUT you're forbidden to Love a human until the end of their lives."

 

Summer nodded with the thought of 'That's it?' crossing her mind.

"What happens when Jessica finally meets Death?" She asked as it crossed her mind.

 

"Upon her meeting, you will be put in Heaven."

"Jessica?"

"It is up to her to choose.

 

Based on what she decides in Life."

 

* * * * * * * * *

 

"By the way, that's a nice necklace you're wearing." Henry pointed at the pendant necklace Jessica was wearing, "Do you mind if I take a look at it?"

"Oh, this?" Jessica took it off her neck and handed it to him.

 

"Cool! IT'S A SUNSTONE!" He said when he pointed it to the sun and it sparkled as always.

"A what?"

"A sunstone!" he said excitedly, "Don't you know?"

Jessica shook her head with a clueless expression on her face.

"Dude~ Google it!" He suggested and quickly diverted his attention back to the stone. "I am looking for this stone in my entire life!"

 

"How do you know all this?" 

"I'm a stone collector. And I read." Jessica rolled her eyes. "Where did you get this?"

 

Jessica sipped on her drink before answering the question.

"Someone gave it to me when I was little. Anything special about the stone?"

Henry stared at Jessica for awhile, sending her a message.

"What?! I'm too lazy to read! Just tell me."

The boy scoffed, "This stone is used to find the sun because it will sparkle when it is pointed to its direction. The Viking used to use this to navigate. They say it shines as if you catch the Sun in your palm. but never burning your hands."

 

Jessica listened in awe. She smiled to herself when she remembered the person from 6 years ago.

What a coincident that her name is Summer and she has the warmest smile

Thank you~

No problem... 

Wait.

What?

Jessica shook her thoughts off when she was confused for the fact that she was making dialogues with herself again.

Henry stared at her, puzzled at her actions.

 

"It's kinda amazing, isn't it? To have the sun in your palms" he continued.

"Why?" Jessica quizzed.

"I don't know. I'm just saying it." he laughed.

 

 

Summer nodded in agreement.

More than amazing, it's sad.

It's sad to have the sun in your palm - to see it sparkles but not feel its warmth. To think it is so close, but to realize, it is so far.

 

To know that the sun you once had in your palms, would burn you if you dare to touch it again.

 

 


 

2nd!

 

Thank you for all the comments and upvotes! *wipes tears away*

You guys know that I love you, right? :3

 

And! If you haven't noticed it yet This is also Summer's thoughts. Got it?

Do tell me if you don't understand anything, k?

More comments, juseyo~~~~~