: Another day iii

Gravity

I watch over her.

 

Like I always do.

She looks so happy and he treats her well.

 

Gabriel was right. Love is selfless because never have I ever felt so happy as much as when I see that amazing smile on her face.

She likes it when her Henry gets silly, expressing how much he loves her. She still blushes at everything he does to her. And I like that too. Perhaps that is my favorite shade of pink in this world and it looks amazing on her. I love it how her eyes would sparkle as she looks up to him while hugging his arm. I love how she always thank God for him (and me, surprisingly). I love those.

She makes an angel smile, every day. 

 

Because little does she know that she is my angel.

 

Love isn't Greed, it is gratefulness. And I'm grateful that I have a chance to know how much I love her. And i will never lose her next time (that is if she chooses to be in Heaven with me instead of him. But I don't mind either - as long as she's happy)

 

Because Feelings change. Love doesn't. 

 

 

It was 158 days into their marriage, when I noticed something that stirs my heart.

 

 

I noticed something about him.

 

Something has changed. Something so subtle, so miniscule, but it stirs everything, like how one missing gear could stop an entire clockwork.

 

I didn't tell her because I'm scared if it is just me who is being all caught up in my own judgment but somehow, I know she could feel it too.

 

 

The clock shows 10:34 pm.

 

Jessica sighed in exhaustion as she drags her handbag out of the car. It was a few minutes later when she finally realized that the main lights in their house weren't switched on. 'He's not home yet' she thought. "And I forgot to text him that I'm coming home late," she blurted in disbelief.

I smiled.

She fumbled with the keys a bit before unlocking the front door and walking in.

"Dear~" she called out, trying to check if Henry is home yet because the lights are off, "Yup. Not home yet," she told herself.

 

She flipped the light switches on and closed the door behind her. She threw the bunch of keys into the glass bowl and placed her work bag at the usual spot. Peeled off her jacket and hung in on the coat rack. She stretched her back and neck lightly as she made her way further into the house.

She stopped in front of her room and looked towards the kitchen.

She stood still for a while, thinking, before blurting out again, "Nah~ Definitely sleep over food."

I sigh as I know very well about what is going to happen the next day:

Skips dinner > Sleeps > Wakes up > Gets migraine headaches/Gastric pain

 

 

She entered the bedroom, lazily shedding off her skinny slacks, leaving only her white fitted t shirt and her girl boxers on, and threw herself onto the bed, not even caring to freshen up a little or even changing into her pajamas.

I smiled. It’s amazing how she never changed much, even through the years; still the same beautiful (lazy) little girl I love so dearly.

 

She dozed off after a short while – legs hanging off the bed, hands splayed, having the queen size bed all for herself. She was so soundly napping that she missed the opening and closing front door.

Henry’s home.

Henry does looked slightly disgruntled today. Maybe he has a lot in his mind - with all the finicky and demanding corporates that he has to deal with regularly as a project consultant, who wouldn’t?

When he entered their bedroom, Jessica is still soundly sleeping in the same position she was in.

 

He took off his pink shirt and threw it somewhere on the ground.

 

Usually, by now, I would have turned away and leave them for the night, but something about the way he stares at her this time,…

 

…screamed for me to stay.

 

He continued to stare at her as he stood in front of her.

 

I stirred Jessica from her slumber and she flinched a bit when she saw Henry towering over her.

“Baby! You surprised me!” she said, now sitting at the edge of the bed with her hands slowly rubbing her chest, trying to calm her drumming heart.

Henry just continues to stare at her.

Calmed down, she shuffled closer to her standing husband and hugged him by his waist. “I miss you,” she said rubbing her cheek against the skin of his abs.

 

Looking at her grin, I could only think that I was overreacting (or being overprotective).

Suddenly, to my (and her) surprise, he grabbed her by her shoulders, roughly lifting her up and threw her further on the bed.

I could see the shock on Jessica’s face while he fumbled with his belt and pants.

“Baby? Are you okay?” she asked.

 

Henry didn’t answer her question and just hastily pounce onto her, grabbing her wrist, almost suffocating her with his sudden touch and kisses.

 

“Baby, I’m-“ she tried to tell him something in between his kisses, “I’m kinda… exhausted today. Can we-“

Jessica stopped when he ripped her boxers brief off and told her to shut up.

 

Baffled and confused, I could only ask - What is this?

This is not Love that he is giving her.

What is it?

 

 

"That's lust."

I heard. I turned to my left and there it was, the cursed Devil, one of Lucifer’s many minions. They have the same pungent smell – the smell of charred, rotting flesh that was devoured and spit out by the deepest pit of Hell. His face is dark and revolting, with a smirk that I hated. He crouched and slouches as he watched them, with his filthy nails, continuously grazing and scratching his own skin until they break and bled. His body is filled with wounds and scars from the whipping and slashes that the angels have served him with.

I was about to draw my blade before he continued,

"That's lust you're looking at.”

 

I took a short glimpse at them but I had to turn away from vulgarity.

I saw her body writhes as if his touch is burning her skin. I saw the absence of warmth in his eyes, only a burn of dark desires.

I heard her whimper and moan under his touch.

Please stop. She’s tired. If only I could beg to him right now.

 

I heard the Devil hissed in excitement from the scene.

 

“You damned imbecile!” I drew and pointed my blade to the side of his temple. “You dare to enjoy this sight!”

He stopped his scratching and glared up at me with his dark, pitch black, vacant eyes.

“An angel with feelings? So, you’re the infamous Summer.”

 

“Stop hurting her. Or I swear I’ll rip rivers of guts out of you.”

 

He giggled. Successfully making me hate him even more.

“Hurt her? Demons don’t hurt people.

 

People, hurt people.” He smirked.

We heard a gasp and grunt from the couple but I dare not look at them, while the devil quickly turned his attention back to them.

“Ah. I missed the best part,” he snapped his fingers in disappointment.

 

“Leave them alone,” I warned him.

 

“Stupid fallen angel.

Can’t you see?” He finally stood up and only then, I realized how tall this devil is. He bends over so that he could look at my face. “We don't have to do much to destroy these people. All we did was whisper them with Lust and almost instantly, they blind themselves with false hope of Love, consume themselves with hatred and greed while trying to cover everything with Lies, and soon enough they will crumble in despair.

Lust is one of the seven deadly sins for a reason, stupid."

 

“But love is nothing like Greed or Lust. It doesn’t bind you, it sets you free.”

“But how can a mere mortal ever see a difference between them. They are all so blinded that they more than often fall into Lust's trap instead of Love's embrace."

 

I looked at her as she hugged him to life while he was huffing on her. He rolled off her to lie on his back, releasing a satisfied sigh. As much as she was surprised by his sudden urge, she smiled thinking that she was his pleasure. His satisfaction.

She stared at him like she always does while his eyes were shut tight.

 

I studied that look. Those eyes.

 

“But she loves him.”

 

The devil chuckled at my remark and asked,

“But does he?”

He vanished into the void, leaving me alone to wonder and continue watching over her.

 

She pulled the blanket to cover her exposed body and turned to seek refuge in his arm but he turned his back against her, refusing the silent request.

Bewildered, she asked, "Baby? Is everything okay?"

 

"Okay. I'm just tired." he flatly answered.

Knowing there's something hidden from her, she asked again, "Are you sure? If you want to talk ab-"

 

"I’m just tired. Now, could you please stop babbling or I’ll leave,” he raised his voice to her.

Her eyes widen at his response but she knows best not to push a man when he's at his edge. So she swallowed her questions down and turned away from him.

‘Maybe he's acting this way because I’ve been busy and away too much.’

 

I scoffed at her thoughts. Being promoted has its quirks but that's not how he should treat her.

It hurts when I see that lonely tear escapes her eye. Jessica has always been a softhearted crybaby, it's just she knows how to hold it in very well. People said that she's emotionless, but to me, she's just good at being strong.

 

 

 

‘Sooyoung.’

 

Eh? 

 

‘I miss you. If you are there, please visit my dreams tonight. I'm lonely.’

 

Hearing that, makes me greet Sadness and Happiness at the same time, as if they are meant to be felt together. So, I spread my wings and embrace her in its warmth, making sure she feels safe in my watch. And I know she felt it when she smiled and snuggled deeper into her pillow.

 

‘I love you.’

 

I love you too.

 

 

And I watched closely how her breathing steadied. I pecked her closed eyes and caressed her hair.

May Life be kind to you as how you are so kind to others. Because you deserve all the Happiness that the world has to offer. I hope you know you are worth so much more than how much they value you because while all they see is a coal, I know very well of what a beautiful diamond you are.

 

My Love,

Sleep well now and I’ll be the first sunshine that greets you with love tomorrow.

 


 

Update!

Comments please!~~~

 

Love,

Hana :3