: Another day ii

Gravity

“EXAM IS OVER!” The black-haired girl announced as she stormed into her room. “PARTY TIME!~” She plopped herself on a bean bag that they placed in the middle of their room after throwing her bag on to her bed.

“Tiffany, stop screaming. Please,” Her roommate suggested after closing the door and putting her bag next to her bed. She sat at the edge of her bed as she took off her socks and let down her hair, ruffling them free. “Now, I can sleep,” she said, smiling, satisfied.

“Really? That’s it?” Tiffany quivered her eyebrows, “After two weeks of agony, all you want to do is SLEEP?” She looked at the brunette with a suggestive look on her face.

They looked at each other. Tiffany was waiting for an answer from her roommate/coursemate/classmate/best friend/the-I’m-accidentally-almost-inseparable-from-you partner. Jessica was just looking at her only best friend (throughout her whole college life), trying to think of an answer to that statement.

 

“Um...

 

 

Yes?”

Almost immediately a loud “URGHHHHHHH” was heard from the frustrated friend. “Come on, Jess! That was our final, final exam! Let’s go out and celebrate it! Do it for me. Please, pretty, pleaseeeeeeeee.”

Jessica sighed.

Tiffany has always known that Jessica is a certified introvert ever since they met, it’s just she seems to always has the guts (and patience) to force Jessica to spent her introvert batteries, socializing with her. “Just tell yourself that you need a good networking to survive. You only need to socialize in college and then, that’s it,” was what Tiffany told her every time she had to drag Jessica out. Jessica, on the other hand, owed Tiffany for being that loyal extrovert sidekick that forever helped her to introduce her to good, new people. “You’re like the sprinkles on my donuts,” Jessica once said to Tiffany, “or whatever is applicable from time to time.”

 

“Come on, Jess.” Tiffany interrupted Jessica’s thoughts as she could guess the girl’s answers, “Your angel won’t be visiting anytime soon. Ask her to call when she wants to so that I could catch a glimpse of her.”

Jessica immediately blushed at the mention of her ultimate crush.

“Isn’t it tiring to wait too long for nothing?” Tiffany blurted.

“Hey. I’m not waiting for nothing. I’m waiting for her.” Jessica was sounding a bit defensive, “And I don’t want to go out because I don’t feel like it, okay? Stop saying as if I’m… out of my mind. Or something.”

Tiffany quickly caught Jessica’s emotion and apologized for causing it, “Jess, you know I never doubt you for one second,” she sat next to the girl, “but isn’t it best if you distract yourself a bit from your feelings. I know how painful waiting could be, and I certainly know that today is worth celebrating. So… one last ‘Please’ from me…

 

Please?”

 

Jessica stared at her friend, let out a sigh, and replied, “Okay. But I’ll go home if I start to feel tired.”

 

“OKAY! Yaaaaayyyyyy~”

“But don’t force me to get drunk!”

“What do you mean force you? You’re the one who’s forever forgetting how to stop drinking once you start!”

 

A few hours later

 

A brunette was standing and stomping on the bar counter, flailing her arms and kicking her emptied beer bottles to the floor.

“HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS GIRL? SHE IS AROUND 6 FT TALL, HAS LONG BROWN LOCKS, AND A PAIR OF GORGEOUS EYES???

 

SHE HAS COMMITED A BIG CRIME AGAINST ME.

 

SO, REAL SLIM SOOYOUNG PLEASE STAND UP!”

 

 

“Ummm, Miss,” the bartender tugged on the brunette’s jeans, “could you please get down from the bar? Is there anyone I should call so that they can pick you up?” he suggested.

Jessica squatted down to look at the bartender. Her face was flushed red, an eyebrow raised, and a beer bottle clumsily gripped in her hands. ”Listen,” she started mumbling in her 1950s-Chinese-triad-boss persona complete with the hanging jaw pose and tongue-in-cheek gesture, “kid. Did I not warn you about warning me?” She took another chug of beer before resuming. “Listen. If  you want me to stop this, why don’t you help me to catch this big criminal that I’m trying to catch, huh?”

“Ummm… what did he do?” the bartender asked.

“She. It’s a She. Urgh. See? If all of you pay attention to what I’m saying, I don’t have to repeat myself so much.” She replied, still stuck in her Chinese-tycoon persona. “Kid, this has stolen something from me and,” she took another chug, “…she disappeared with it. And I need to find her. Kid,  I-”

 

 

 

“Boss, I think you have had enough drinks for today,” a voice interrupted her.

 

The drunken tycoon, who was unhappy by the sudden interruption, swayed her head to her left to take a look at her underling, “How do you even dare to-“

 

“I think we’ve found The ,” the person continued.

 

 

 

 

Jessica’s eyes were wide open as if she was struck by a sudden revelation.

 

“Can I take you home now,

 

Boss?” the person wore a silly smirk on her face as she addressed the brunette fake tycoon.

 

“Soo..” Her tears began to brim her eyes. A tear managed to escape it and trailed her cheek as she closed her eyes and out.

 

The person managed to catch the girl in her arms as she fell forward from the bar counter.

“I’m here now,” she pulled Jessica into a hug as the girl lifelessly lean against her.

 

“Thank you sir for your kindness,” she looked at the bartender.

 

“She hasn’t paid her bills yet.”

 

“Well, she has actually. I already put them in the cabinet under your cash register,” Sooyoung answered with a smile.

“Cabinet? Hey Jeff!” the bartender called out his friend, “check the cabinet! This said she paid.”

 

The guy opened the mentioned cabinet.

His jaw dropped.

 

“Zup?” the bartender asked.

The guy just stared back at him with confusion in his face.

 

“I believe that will be enough to buy you another bar. Goodbye.” She said as she adjusted Jessica and carried her in her arms. She calmly bowed a little and walked out the bar, leaving the bartenders dumbfounded.

 

 

 

The bartender quickly went to the cash register and soon enough, he was just as surprised as his friend.

 

 

 

His friend finally said,

“So…. What should we do with 11 bars of pure gold?”

 

 

As they arrived home, Sooyoung slowly lay Jessica on her bed. She took off Jessica’s shoes and jacket, and tugged her to sleep before finding the right places to put them.

She heard a grunt from the girl when she was putting the jacket on a hanger and hanging it behind the door.

“Sooyoung?” The girl cried out.

She didn’t answer.

 

She was thinking.

Should she walk out of the room? No, she has to walk out of the room.

Because she knows very well that she can’t stay.

 

Her hand was reaching for the door knob but it stopped when she heard a sob from the girl.

“Sooyoung. Don’t leave me alone.” The girl cried.

The cry burdened her heart and cramped her chest, making it so hard for her to breathe. But she refused to turn around and look at the girl. She knew she couldn’t.

 

 

“My heart hurts. Please come back. Don’t disappear.”

 

 

Against all the right things that she should do,

She turned around and walked back to the bed. She knelt by her side, watching her closely. She gently brushed Jessica’s hair and tucked them behind her ears, revealing her beautiful face.

“When did I ever leave?” she whispered.

 

The girl took her hand and held it close to her cheek, savoring its warmth.

That slightly surprised Sooyoung but her heart immediately took control of her actions when she felt Jessica’s tears against her palm as she nestled her face against it.

 

“Stay with me,” the girl begged. Her eyes were still tightly shut.

 

 

Do you know how it felt when you know you’re doing all the wrong things and wonder why it all felt so right, it felt so right that it made you question everything you have been doing all this while, but deep inside, there’s a tiny part of you, screaming, begging you to walk away because that is the thing you should do for the best of everyone?

But for once, you wish, you truly wish and want to be selfish. Just once.

 

 

You always put yourself last.

for once.

you wish that

Can I please put myself and my feelings first?

 

Sooyoung rested her forehead against the wooden bed frame as it became too heavy for her to even lift it up. The image of the floor slowly blurred as her tears filled her eyes and, soon enough, spilled onto the ground.

Her body trembled as she tried so hard to fight the tears from falling.

Jessica watched closely as the girl cried, the subtle sound of her sobs slowly filling the room.

 

She felt a pang in her heart but at least she knew, the pain wasn’t all hers to feel. All this while she thought she was the only one suffering as she tries to calm a searching heart.

 

She reached out for the girl’s chin and slowly lifting it up to finally admire that beautiful face.

She stared into Sooyoung’s eyes and Sooyoung stared right back into hers.

 

“If it hurts as much for you,

 

then why aren’t we together yet?” Jessica finally spoke.

 

Sooyoung cupped the girl’s cheek and caressed her face.

Ever so painfully, she carved a smile on her own.

 

“As hard as it is,

 

we brought this on ourselves,” she said, gently grazing the girl’s complexion with her thumb.

“We fell so hard and deeply for each other that the pain of walking without you, seems impossible to bear.

 

Believe me, my love,” she choked on her tears, “As much as I want to hold you close in this life, to love you tirelessly, to keep you safe,

 

 I refuse to live a lifetime in Heaven without you when I can love you endlessly with nothing to separate us apart.

So, bear this agony for us. Please?”

She stared into the brunette’s deep brown orbs. It’s amazing how this corrupted world and this painful life have not tainted the universe in her eyes. It’s still as beautiful as she could ever remember.

 

While Sooyoung was mesmerized by the beauty before her, Jessica gathered every ounce of strength she had left and gently caught those lips that she was dreaming for. She held Sooyoung by her neck and pulled her deeper into the kiss while she poured all her guarded feelings into it.

However, the angel realized the calamity that she had brought upon them.

 

Your carelessness.

 

She cursed hersef for being drifted by her own feelings.

 

 

She quickly regained her thoughts and gently pushed Jessica away from her.

Jessica was baffled by Sooyoung’s sudden reaction.

 

“I…” Sooyoung muttered. She held her lips as she felt the kiss started to burn her mortal body.

 

You crossed the line, Summer

 

She was stunned as she heard the archangel.

 

“Sooyoung? What’s wrong?”

She looked at Jessica who was now up on her bed, still looking weak.

“Sooyoung? Are you okay?”  she looked worried.

 

Sooyoung screamed as she felt an indescribable pain, piercing her heart.

 

“Sooyoung!” Jessica stumbled off her bed trying to reach for her but she staggered back, avoiding the girl.

She continued to drag her almost failing feet to the window. Her hand was tightly gripping on her chest, trying to stop the pain.

 

She bumped her back against the window frame and slid it open with effort.

 

She leaned against the open window, her eyes fixed on Jessica who was still on the ground.

 

“Sooyoung?”

 

Slowly, she leaned back into the void, the dark night sky.

 

 

 

“My love,

 

Take care.

 

 

 

Don’t find me.”

 


 

Oh look! It's an update!

 

Your comments gave me life.

Please give me more of them so that I can continue this story. haha.

 

Thank you for your patience! 

 

Love,

Hana :3