: 7

Gravity

This and * * * * * * * * *  is a flashback

I think you'll get the others... Haha

 

Happy reading~

 


 

 

A woman in her late 20s was unrolling a picnic mat. She picked the spot that was close enough by the river to watch over her kids when the play around but safe enough to rest at. She stopped her actions when she realized, "Hmmmmmm... It would be better under the shady tree," and was about to roll it back again but again stopped, this time by her laziness. "I don't think it would be that hot and sunny this morning," she reasoned with herself. She hummed a recently heard hit song while continuing to unpack and put everything into place. She took out a few ingredients to prepare sandwiches for her family.

 

 

"Bread," she named everything as she put them in front of her on the mat, "Mayo.Tuna. Cucumber?" She asked, "Must be him... Aish. Salad. Oh! I forgot the tomatoes!" She stated before she suddenly shrieked in surprise.

"Kyaaaaaaaa~" 

She quickly got on her feet, jumping around, stretching her arm back to reach for a foreign thing, tickling on her back. As she reached at the back of her neck and she touched something cold and hard, and grabbed it in her hands to bring it to her view.

"Ice?" she quizzed. Soon enough she heard sounds of giggles coming from behind her. She turned around to look at her two daughters laughing at their panicked mom and her husband, holding a bag of ice in his hand, laughing along with her two kids. "You guys!" She quickly wore her slippers and started to chase her pranksters around. 

Her husband managed to take long strides to escape his wife's grasps and watched her turning to two of her daughters instead. Her elder daughter, a 7-year old, was dragging her little sister around, trying to escape their mom whom now turned into a monster and chasing them around. Eventually, the monster managed to scoop up both her daughters into her arms and immobilize them with a tight hug. "Arrrrrrrrr!~" She tickled them as punishments, making them scream to escape. The elder one was able to slip through the tight hold and ran aimlessly.

 

The woman shouted when she realized how close her daughter was to the slippery rocks. "Sooyeon! Come here!" 

The dad quickly diverted his attention towards his elder daughter and leaped to catch her. But he realized that he couldn't make it in time when he saw her daughter stepped on one of the slippery rocks and slipped. His eyes widen when he saw his daughter reaching out towards him but he was not close enough to catch her tiny hands. "SOOYEON!" He shouted before they heard a loud splash as the girl fell into the river.

 

"SOMEBODY! HELP!" the woman screamed for help as she watched her daughter being carried away by the current.

 

"DADDY!" the girl flailed her arms as she was carried away from her parents by the stream.

 

"HELP!" she heard her mom shouted again and again for help but gradually they became more distant until all she could hear was the sound of water rushing her away. She closed her eyes tight when the water begun to stung her eyes.

She didn't know how far she was carried away from her family when suddenly she heard a faint voice calling out an unfamiliar name.

Jessica

 

All of a sudden, she felt a strange but comfortable warmth engulfing her. Her eyes were still closed but she could feel that her body was lighter and it was no longer being dragged by the merciless current. Her hands quickly clenched on a shirt, she assumed. She curled against the being, savoring its warmth and just begging to be saved.

After awhile, she heard the voice calling out the unfamiliar name again.

Jessica

 

She flutter opened her eyes but her hands were still clenching tightly onto her savior. 

She saw a beautiful woman, staring down at her. The woman has a pair of big, sparkling eyes. It's clear and... warm. She looked around to notice that she was on the woman's laps and wrapped in her arms.

She started coughing out. The woman in white rubbed her back and studied her face in which made her tuck her chin in, being shy. 

"Th- Thank you, unnie for saving my life." she mumbled. She curled in with her hands and chin tucked close to her chest. She scooted down the woman's laps but flinched when she felt a stinging pain on her shin.

"O." Her lips turned from an o to a quiver when she saw the bleeding cut on her shin.

 

The woman scooted closer to her and patted her head. 

"Shhhhh~" the woman looked at her again, "Don't cry now. It's just a little cut." The woman placed her warm palm onto her bleeding cut.

She was about to reach for the woman's hand, worried about the pain she might feel from the contact but she stopped when she felt the same soothing warmth seeping out from the woman's hand, miraculously erasing the sting away.

 

She was surprised. She stared at the woman's hand.

Her fingers are long and delicate while her skin looks so smooth.

She grabbed her hand and curiously turned its palm towards her, studying it. The woman was surprised by the sudden action but later smiling at it.

 

"Are you a magician, unnie?" the little Sooyeon asked. "How are you not drenched?" she felt the woman's sleeves and shirt. The woman giggled.

 

"You don't remember me, Jessica?"

 

The little girl creased her brows when the woman called the name again. "I am not Jessica, Unnie! My name is Jung Sooyeon. I am 7 years old and I hate cucumbers."

The woman just stared back at her with smile plastered on her face.

 

* * * * * * * * *

 

"Jessica! What are you thinking!" the taller angel exclaimed, as she grabbed the other by her hand, stopping her at her track.

"I want this, Summer!" The other shouted back.

The taller let go of her grip to tousle with her hair in disagreement.

"WHY. In heavens. Do you ever want to be a human?? We're meant to be like this."

"No! We're meant to be happy! And to love! And be loved!" Jessica shouted again. She crossed her arms. "You heard what God said, humans are the best of ALL Creations because they could choose and feel and -"

"AND MAKE THE WRONG CHOICES. And get hurt. And go to hell!" Summer argued.

 

Silence completed the tension between them.

But Jessica decided to break it.

"Just because you are a coward. Doesn't mean I have to be one too."

 

Summer's expression changed from anger to an unexplainable expression by Jessica's statement.

 

"If you're scared that I might take all the wrong choices,and get hurt, and plunged into hell...

 

 

...you should've... you should...

 

You should be with me.

 

 

What am I saying?" Jessica scoffed. "You can't feel, Summer. What do you know?" 

Jessica turned around and walked away from Summer and never looked back.

 

* * * * * * * * *

 

"Sooyeon." she called.

"Yes! Right! Sooyeon!" the little chirped when the woman finally got her name right. She wore a smug on her face, proud of her cute little introduction.

 

She really doesn't remember me.

The woman sighed.

 

"What's your name, unnie?"

 

"Me?" the woman pointed at herself.

"Um!" the girl nodded excitedly.

"Summer.

 

My name is Summer, Sooyeon." she said as if she was re-stating  something for the girl to recall.

 

"Don't you have a Korean name?" the girl asked.

"Huh?" the woman quizzed.

 

"My teacher says we should be proud of our Korean name because it is an art!" The girl wore the smug face again.

 

"Um." the woman furrowed in thoughts. Korean name??? Her eyes caught the sight of a warning sign behind the little girl, clicking a name in her mind.

"Sooyoung," she blurted, "My Korean name is Sooyoung."

 

"Your Korean name is Sooyoung?" the girl asked.

She nodded.

 

The girl giggled, confusing the woman.

"No wonder you are so good at Swimming, Unnie!"

 

 

Summer could somehow sense the whole heavens were laughing at her.

Har Har Har. Shut up.

 

 

Suddenly she heard a faint voice calling out for 'Sooyeon' coming towards them.

"That must be my parents!" the girl said. She stood up and moved towards the voice.

The girl reached behinde her, trying to take a hold of the woman's hand. "Unnie! Let's meet them and -" She stopped as she looked back and saw no one behind her.

She looked at her hand and saw a necklace with a pendant with the most beautiful stone she have ever seen. It was orange in colour and sparkles brightly when she pointed it towards the sun.

 

"Sooyeon!" A woman called out her name. 

She turned to the voice and was pulled into a hug by her mother. "Are you okay?" she asked while inspecting the little girl for any injuries.

"I'm okay, mommy! A weird unnie saved me!"

 

Weird? You. Are weird, Jessica.

 

"Her name is Swimming unnie."

"Swimming?" Her mom quizzed.

"Oh! Sorry! Sooyoung! It's a Korean name..."

Veeeerrrrrry funnyyyy...

"Where is she?"

"I don't know. She gave me this necklace, I think. Mommy! She even magically healed my legs!"

 

"Maybe you're tired, honey." Her mother suggested, "Let's go home, okay?"

"BUT! I want to search for that unnie!" She whined pulling her mom by her arm.

 

 

Summer watched over the family as the little Sooyeon insisted on finding the Swimming unnie she met.

You really didn't remember me. 

 

I never realized that would hurt. She clenched on her chest.

 

So this is what 'hurt' felt like. She laughed at herself

 

No wonder God made this my punishment. She sighed.

 

* * * * * * * * *

Summer just stood and stared as Jessica walked away from her.

An angel has no emotions but if she could tell what she was feeling then, when she watched Jessica leaving her at her spot, she felt...

 

...Empty.

 

She turned around and looked at the monumental gate that Jessica just exited from. She looked at the gatekeeper.

 

 

 

 

"I want to see Him."

 

 


 

1st Chapter~

Is it confusing for you, so far? 

Comments please?~

 

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! ^^