FOUR

Forever and Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Part ONE of a double update. Two chapters today because chapter FIVE is really short. ^_^

The ride to the hospital was a blur to Dara. She just remembers rushing into the hospital and wanting to find Jiyong. Bom dropped her off as she went to park the car.

There were people waiting for her at the front desk. Everybody knew who she was. Everybody knew who she was there for.

Two people stepped forward to approach her. By the looks of their uniforms, she's assuming they are Jiyong's doctor and nurse. They greeted her briefly and the doctor explained that Jiyong has been transferred to his room after the surgery.

Dara nodded but she kept fidgeting. She needed to see Jiyong. Now!

Probably feeling her sense of urgency, the doctor and nurse started leading her somewhere. Dara followed in a daze. It seemed like they've been walking forever.

They were telling her what happened but she barely heard them.

She only managed to absorb a few words: accident, critical, internal damage and surgery among them.

"He's been looking for you." Someone said.

That finally penetrated the fog in Dara's brain. "He's awake? That means he's okay, right?"

"It's too soon to tell. We still have to observe him overnight." The doctor beside her said kindly. They finally stop walking and the doctor pointed to the door in front of them, signaling Dara to enter. "He's been calling your name since he was brought in.He'll be groggy from the meds and the surgery but you can try to speak with him. He'll be in and out of consciousness for the rest of the night. I think he's fighting the medication. He must really want to see you."

Dara takes a deep breath and opens the door. She sees wires and machines and white. A whole lot of white. 'Where is Jiyong?' she panics silently as she tries to focus on her surroundings.

"Baby girl." The figure on the bed whispers. "Dara-yah."

"Jiyong!" She rushes to his bedside carefully grabbing his hand, careful of the wires and tubes attached to him. "What did you get yourself into this time?"

"Not my fault this time, jagiya." His grip on her hand was so light, she barely felt it but she held on. "Was just waiting for the light to change.. Surprise for you.."

"Shhh.. Fine. I believe you." Dara soothed. "You didn't have to get me anything, you know?"

"Love you. Surprise." Jiyong was barely able to keep his eyes open. "Waiting.. Car.."

"Ssshh. It's alright." Dara smoothed her hand across his forehead in comfort. "You can tell me about it later. You just rest now. I'll be here."

"Stay?"

"Always." Dara promised and continued to run her fingers through Jiyong's hair. As soon as Jiyong closed his eyes, Dara let the tears fall. With her free hand, she covered trying to silence the sobs coming from her. "You're going to be okay. We're going to be okay. You'll see."

She watched as his eyes fluttered close and his breathing become even as his body succumbed to sleep. She tried to look at his injuries with an objective eye. His pallor was very pale and it seems like one side of his face is starting to swell. She took a deep breath and gave her sleeping boyfriend a smile.

He's going to need lots of rest after this. For sure, he's going to pout and scowl and complain about not being able to go around. Jiyong's not very sporty but he has never stayed still for a lengthy period of time. He's either at dance rehearsals, performing, or even clubbing. The only times that he stays still are when he's concentrating on a song or when he is cuddling with her. Even then, his fingers would be tapping the beats of the song on the table or he would be running his fingers through her hair.

God. They're going to have one grumpy dragon.

"But as long as you promise to do your best to get better, I won't complain." Dara whispered. She smoothed her fingers across his forehead, gently giving him her vow. "Jiyong-ah, rest now. I'll stay by your side forever." 

 

 

After some time, the door opened to reveal Bom with Jiyong's parents.

"Dara-yah." Mrs. Kwon called out to her, anguish clear in her voice."We came as soon as we heard."

"Eomoni, he's just sleeping." She stood up to hug them. "The doctor said he'll most likely be sleeping for hours because of the meds"

"What happened,  Dara?" Mr. Kwon asked as his wife leaned over their son.

"I'm not sure, abeoji." Dara sighed tiredly as she sat next to Bom who sat silently on the couch. Once Dara sat down, Bom wrapped an arm around the fragile girl who was growing more agitated with each word. "I couldn't really understand what they were saying. There was an accident and they had to operate. The surgery went okay but they still need to observe him closely. I'm sorry. I wasn't able to really comprehend..."

"It's fine, Dara." Mr. Kwon said gently. "We'll ask the doctor later. Dami's coming soon. She's out of town but she's already on her way."

"That's good. Jiyong would want her here." Dara replied weakly.

"Dara, should I call YG family?" Bom asked quietly. "They would want to know but I'm not sure if that's what you want.."

Dara bit her lip. "What do you think eomoni, abeoji?"

"Whatever you think is best Dara." Mrs. Kwon answered kindly. "He's your yeobo, right?"

Dara smiled tightly. "He is. Go ahead, Bommie. They would want to know how he is. And I'm sure Ji would want them around when he wakes up. Sajangnim would probably need to release -"

She couldn't go on. Her tears came and she had to bite her lips to silence her cries. Bom hugged her tight as if trying to absorb even a little of the pain the other woman must be feeling. "Come, Dara. Why don't we go out for a while. Let Jiyong have a moment with his parents."

"I don't want to leave him, Bom." Dara protested. "What if he wakes up? He asked me to stay with him. I promised him, Bom!"

"You said so yourself that he'll be knocked out for a few hours." At her best friend's stubborn expression, Bom compromised. "Okay, how about we go to the bathroom to get you cleaned up. Wash your face and maybe comb your hair then you come back here. You don't want to scare Jiyong when he wakes up only to find that his fiancee has been possessed by a zombie, now do you?"

"Zombies can't possess people, Bom. They just eat your brains out." She replied weakly.

"Yah! Thank you very much for that unwanted visual image." Bom replied. "Now, let's go."

Dara nodded and stood up reluctantly. She approached Jiyong and planted a soft kiss on his forehead. "Jagiya, I'll be right back. Just hang in there, alright? I promised Seungri you'll buy him dinner. You don't know how much that kid admires you. You're giving him lots of grey hair for all the pranks and bullying you put him through."

Bom and the elder Kwons just watched the pair sadly. Their hearts breaking not only because of Jiyong's condition but also for Dara.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Dara was half-asleep on her perch by Jiyong's bedside when YG family arrived. Yang Hyun Suk, Jinu, Sean, Teddy and Kush together with the rest of Big Ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter