TWO

Forever and Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MORE THAN 48 HRS EARLIER

Dara sat at the dining room table facing the bags of chinese food that were just delivered. She didn’t want to get up and sort them out or even place them in actual plates. She was looking forward to a lazy evening of chinese food, a couple of good movies and Kwon Jiyong.

Right now, both 2ne1 and Big Bang are busy with their comebacks. 2ne1 was coming to the end of their promotions while Big Bang just started. They've collaborated on two songs, one for each group’s album, and are promoting it heavily. Not only because this collaboration has been a long time coming but also because this is the last album wherein Big Bang will have five members for a while.

TOP, Jiyong and Youngbae are planning on enlisting this year with Daesung and Seungri most probably enlisting the following year. That way, VIPs will only be without all members of Big Bang for a short while. The plan is while some members are in the military, those who are out will focus on solo activities  to ensure that Big Bang members will still be visible and hopefully make their comeback easier when all five of them are done with their military service.

As for Kwon Jiyong, he has another reason to enlist this year: the sooner he enlists, the sooner he gets out, the sooner he can marry Sandara Park and the sooner they can have Kwon babies.

Dara smiled as she took a sip from her mug of hot chocolate, recalling his proposal last December during the YG Family Concert.

Big Bang just finished performing their set and they were about to move on to Lollipop with 2ne1 as a salute to both group’s beginnings. Although technically, Big Bang debuted way before that. Honestly, they just wanted the chance to play together on stage.

The boys were supposed to talk with the audience, the spotlight focusing only on them to give time for the stage to be cleared. Dara was supposed to start singing her opening lines and the spotlight will pretend to search for her. Once it’s time for the girls to sing together, they'll slide down the big slide propped near the side of the stage to join the boys. It was supposed to be a playful and fun number but as usual G-Dragon had something else planned for everyone.

The boys started with their talk, teasing Seungri for his mistake in the last song and as the spotlight focused on them the girls started to get into position. They were chuckling at how once again Big Bang was bullying their maknae, when suddenly their tone got serious.

“By now, I’m sure you're all aware that Big Bang will be joining the military soon.” TOP addressed the crowd who all shouted their denial and sadness. “I know. We're sad too. We don’t want to leave you for that long but it is our honor to serve this country and we will do our best in the military so you will all be proud of us when we come back.”

“You”ll wait for us, right? For all of us?” Daesung asked and the whole venue screamed Yes! 

“Even though the two of us will be enlisting later, we will still do our best to make our hyungs proud.” Seungri said

“Does that mean you'll behave?” TOP’s voice boomed at Seungri and everyone laughed despite the tears of many.

“Neh, hyung. I promise to behave while I’m here and when I’m the military. Good boy Seungri is coming up ladies and gentlemen!” Seungri bowed to the crowd as the girls laughed at his antics even though they were also getting teary-eyed.

“Girls, stop crying. You don’t want to ruin your make-up.” Leader CL commanded even though she is also getting all teared up.

“I can’t help it, CL-roo! I’m going to miss them so much!” Dara cried as Bom and Minzy added their agreements. They turned back their attention to the boys once Youngbae started to speak.

“We hope you will still offer your support for each and every member in whatever he chooses to do.As long as he’s happy, then we're happy, neh? He was answered with more screams of support. “I hope we can hold you to that.”

Youngbae turned to Big Bang’s fearless leader and his best friend, who has been silent since they started. “Ji?”

Jiyong took a step forward and everyone quieted down in anticipation and a bit of worry at the leader’s serious face. “VIPs, I once made you a promise to tell you when I find love...”

“Omo!” Dara exclaimed. She turned to the girls. “He’s not going to? Is he?

“OMG Darong! He’s going to reveal your relationship!” Bom screamed while shaking Dara.

CL shushed her, turning to Dara, “It’s good right, unnie? It’s about time.”

“But Sajangnim.. the fans..” Dara bit her lip worriedly. “Aish, this boy. We didn’t even talk about this.”

“I’m sure it’s fine, unnie.” the maknae comforted her. “Besides, it’s so sweet what’s he’s doing for you.”

They quieted down wanting to hear every word of this revelation. Dara’s heart was thumping loudly worry and happiness both in her heart.

“I’m sorry I have not been true to that promise. The pressure of maintaining a loving relationship in the public eye scared me. I don’t want her to suffer the backlash of being G-Dragon’s girlfriend. She hated it but she stayed with me and quietly supported me all through out my scandals. I made many mistakes with her but she forgave me and kept on loving me. I hope you can do the same.” Jiyong did a 90 degree bow to the audience and continued while still in a bow. “I hope you can forgive me.”

Suddenly the rest of Big Bang also bowed 90 degrees and chorused. “Please forgive him. Please forgive us.”

The venue was quiet and Big Bang remained in their positions. It looked like they were not standing up until they received some sort of sign that they were forgiven. The audience was stunned with the revelation. They were also stunned with the humility their idols were showing. G-Dragon was practically begging for forgiveness. Of course, many were hurt that such a huge information was not shared with them, a few were mad because they feel like they were betrayed but a lot also understood that their idols were also human and they valued their privacy.

Thankfully someone from the latter group found the courage to express what many were thinking. “I love you, Oppa. Big Bang till whenever!”

The rest followed with similar se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter