Chapter Eleven

Who's That Boy?


AN: This is the chapter where everything starts to get real! No, but seriously, good luck. 😆 The song for this chapter is Love Letter - VIXX as it's just a beautiful song and it's fit well with how everyone be feeling in this chapter.

***(Joon-Kim P.O.V.)***

I just realised that I haven't seen the whole of the college campus. I've heard from Ji Young that there is a forest area somewhere, but I've never had the chance to see it. I'm definitely going exploring today. Only... where do I begin?

"Hyung!" I call out for Choi Seung Hyun as I look over the railing of my balcony bedroom area. He pops his head out and looks at me. "Do you know all of the campus?" I ask as I tilt my head slightly.

"Of course, I go wandering around with Ji Young and TaeYang whenever we can." He replies and then walks out of his bedroom area so that I can see all of him. "Why'd you ask?" He asks as he crosses his arms against his chest.

"I want to go to the forest area. I thought it would be good for some photography work." I reply as I lean on my crossed arms that lay on the railing. He smiles at me before nodding his head at me.

"Get down here and I'll take you." He gestures with his hand for me to walk down to him.

***

I walk side by side with Choi Seung Hyun as he leads me around the campus. We head straight to the forest area first in order for me to find the perfect shots for my project.

"So... what is the aim of your project?" Choi Seung Hyun asks as he puts his hands into his pockets.

"I want to show the world from my perspective. Let someone know what it is like to see what runs through my mind." I reply as a confident smile crosses over my lips.

"That sounds interesting. I would definitely love to see that on finals night." He replies as he nods his head playfully pushes my shoulder with his own. Finals night is where all the final work from students is presented for scholars to look at from universities.

We make it to the forest area and we begin to walk around. I hold my camera in my hand and see the perfect place where the light from the sun shone through the tree branches. I crouch down to snap the shot while Choi Seung Hyun looks at his phone.

***(Third Person.)***

He stared at his phone, debating whether or not to do as he originally thought. He opened the camera app on his phone and pointed it towards Joon-Kim. Quickly snapping the photo before putting his phone away when Joon-Kim stands back up.

"I got it." He smiles with glee as he shows Choi Seung Hyun the photo. While Joon-Kim stared down at the photo, Choi Seung Hyun couldn't help but look at his face. The boy was definitely beautiful, he even had adorable little dimples. He averted his eyes as Joon-Kim looked up at him with a proud smile on his lips.

"Let's find another spot. I want you to be my model again." Joon-Kim exclaims before running off. Choi Seung Hyun stood stunned for a moment before chasing after the younger male. When he had caught up with him, he spotted something out of the corner of his eye. Turning his head towards the right path, he saw Daesung walking along it with his earphones in.

His mind panicked as it screamed for him to get Joon-Kim away from the right path. He held him by the arm and quickly dragged him along the left path instead.

"Yah! What are you doing?" Joon-Kim exclaims as he pulls his arm away from Choi Seung Hyun.

"I saw a good place along this path before. I thought it would be perfect for your shoot." He makes up an excuse. It took a moment but Joon-Kim gave in and followed him along the path.

***(Joon-Kim's P.O.V.)***

He was acting strange as he led me through the forest. Was he secretly an axe-murderer? Oh boy...

"Can I ask you a question?" Choi Seung Hyun suddenly asks as he slows his walk and I do the same. I nod my head in response and then he takes a deep breath. "What is your opinion on love?" Well, that wasn't what I expected.

"Love is... a way for someone to express their deepest emotions to someone. It changes who we are when we are around the person we love; whether it be a man or a woman. When you look at them and your heart flutters-" I look up at him and smile before continuing, "-that is when you have found the one." I reply and turn my head back to stare down at my feet as I walk. A soft sigh leaves Choi Seung Hyun's lips as he continues to walk with me.

"I guess so. I... don't think Seul-Bi is who I thought she was." A tug in chest pained me as he spoke of his girlfriend. "I used to love her, but now I feel like I'm doing this to make my parents happy. But, what about me?" He questions, more to himself than me.

"Sounds like you want to be freed," I say but regret it as I realise that it was loud enough for him to hear. I wait for his reaction but he stops walking and I turn back to him. His expression was bare and I couldn't tell if he were upset or angry.

"You're right." Those simple words were spoken before he continued walking and I stood frozen.

All the things that I had spoken to him about love... I felt flutters in my heart whenever he smiled or looked at me. I feel lighter within my mind whenever he is around. My attitude changes when I'm alone with him. Oh boy...

I'm in love with my roommate.