maybe, maybe

단풍 나무 The maple tree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They arrived at the hospital not long after taking a short bus trip. As they alighted, they saw that there were patients outside having a walk at the hospital garden. Some patients in wheelchairs being pushed by someone, some had bandages on their head, some had casts on their legs and hands, while some are wearing beanies. All of them searches through the place for Sooji but to no avail.

Taehyung was staring at the big tree at the garden and did not notice that his Hyungs went inside the hospital. He smiled when he saw a little firefly amongst the leaves. Little Taehyung tries to catch the firefly with his bare hands by jumping as high as he can. But no matter how hard he jumps, he couldn’t reach the shining insect. 

Suddenly he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see a really pretty lady. 

“Sooji Noona?” He called, but the lady’s face looked at him with confusion. 

“Are you lost, little boy?” She asked. Taehyung looked around to see that his Hyung’s are nowhere in sight. Then his eyes started to get teary, thinking that they left him and he was all alone. 

“Oh no, don’t cry,” the lady squat down and gave him a soothing pat on the back, “my name is Nurse Fei. What’s your name?”

Taehyung wiped his teary eyes with the back of his hand, “my name is Taehyung. I came here with my Hyungs. Are you not Sooji Noona? My Hyung says Sooji Noona is very pretty. And you’re very pretty.” 

The nursed chuckled at the child’s bluntness. She said thank you, “and you’re very handsome too, Taehyung.” His sadness immediately disappeared and he looked like a happy child again. Nurse Fei took Taehyung’s hand and lead him inside the hospital to look for Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok. 

“Are you visiting Sooji noona here?” Nurse Fei asked. 

“No,” Taehyung answered, “We are looking for her. Namjoon hyung said it’s like hide and seek. We don’t know where she is.”

Fei thinks the boys might be at the reception looking for patients and took Taehyung there. 

“My hyung says Sooji noona is very pretty. But she is sick. Hoseok Hyung really wants to see her,” Taehyung added.

“Taehyung-ah!” A voice called. They turned around to see Hoseok running towards the little boy, “where have you been? We were so worried we lost you.”

“Hoseok hyung!” Taehyung called and gave him a tight hug, “I was outside! There was a little firefly and I wanted to catch it. I’m sorry for not staying close to you.” 

Hoseok carried him up, “it’s okay, Taehyung-ah. At least you’re here now.” Hoseok saw the nurse with Taehyung and gave her a bow. 

“Thank you for taking care of Taehyung,” he said and Fei gave a smile, “it’s a no problem at all.”

As Hoseok walks away to where the other two boys were, Taehyung waved goodbye to the pretty nurse, “Bye-bye Nurse Fei!”

 

 

Yoongi and Namjoon immediately ran to where Hoseok was when they spotted him. 

“Taehyung ah!” They called and the little boy went to hug the other two boys. “Don’t wander by yourself, okay?” Namjoon said and Taehyung nodded.

Seeing that their Hyungs were not as happy as he thought they will be, Taehyung asked them what happened.

“Sooji noona is not here. We will not be able to find her today,” Yoongi explained. 

“Aww, I was looking forward to meeting the pretty noona,” Taehyung said sadly. 

Failing today’s goal, they decided to go back home. The nurses at the hospital said that they were no patients named Sooji and their hearts sank. They thought that it will be the place. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter