hide and seek

단풍 나무 The maple tree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon planned the entire Seoul trip as he is the one that knows the capital best amongst the three. He woke up extra early to write down all the places to go on a piece of paper, just in case he forgets. After he finished penning down the locations, he looked behind him to see the other two boys still sleeping. Namjoon looked at the clock on the wall. 7.45am it reads.

"Wake up sleepyheads!" Namjoon said as he used his feet to nudge the two boys still deep asleep, "We are heading out early today!"

Yoongi lifted his head from the pillow, grabbed his phone to look at the time, "too early on a weekend," he grumpily said and went back to sleep.

"Goodness sake, I'll give you guys 15 mins. If you're not up by then, I'm leaving you guys," Namjoon warned as he grabbed his clothes to go get a quick shower. By the time he finished, the two boys are still half-asleep, sitting up on their beds. He saw Hoseok's bed hair and chuckled. "Hurry get changed!" Namjoon said. 

After getting dressed, they spent the morning eating breakfast that Aunty Kim has made. At the breakfast table, Taehyung was sulking. "Namjoon Hyung didn't play with me last night," he complained. 

"It's because you fell asleep while memorising your multiplication table, Taehyung-ah," Uncle Kim stated, before Namjoon could say anything, while munching on the bacon egg sandwich. 

"I will play with you tonight okay? But now, I have to bring my friends out to play," Namjoon said.

"Actually, where are we planning to go today?" Yoongi asked after sipping on his orange juice.

Namjoon pulled out his piece of paper that he wrote on earlier, "We'll go to Han river to ride the bicycle and maybe we will go to Namsan today."

Hoseok spoke, "We can bring little Taehyung along right? He can play with us too." They all looked at Hoseok who rarely spoke and Aunty Kim immediately nodded her head, "Yes, of course! Taetae, do you want to go out with the Hyungs today?"

Taetae nodded furiously, "Yes I want to go! Yes, yes yes!" He happily nodded. The family chuckled at his cuteness. After breakfast, Aunty and Uncle Kim helped get Taehyung ready. Aunty Kim packed water bottle and some snacks just in case the little boy gets hungry. She also slipped Namjoon a 50,000 won note. 

"Use this if Taehyung wants anything. Also, remember to not give him too much sugary food or he will be very hyperactive," she reminded the boys and they nodded. 

They all waved goodbye to the parent before taking the bus to Han river. Taehyung was so excited that he keep looking out of the window throughout the whole bus ride.

"Taetae, can you ride a bicycle?" Yoongi asked and Taehyung nooded, "Of course! Appa taught me how."

"Good boy," Yoongi patted the younger boy's head, "Later I will ride beside you okay?"

Throughout the ride, Hoseok cannot stop thinking about Sooji. He keeps on hoping that the girl on the news yesterday is not Sooji. I hope she's alright, I hope she's doing well, he said to himself. But he can't let go of the thought of the possibility that Sooji will die. 

The boys finally arrived at the Han River and they spare no time to rent bicycles before it got busier. Each of them got bicycles of a right size and even though Namjoon said Taehyung should rice the tricycle, the little one insisted on taking the small size bicycle even though it was slightly too big for him. The four of them rode along the river, passing people from all walks of life. Some are jogging, some are having a leisure walk while some were having a picnic on the grass. As promised, Yoongi rode his bicycle beside Taehyung. He enjoyed the ride and it was not hard to look out for the younger kid as Taehyung already know how to cycle and he was also wearing protective gears. 

Namjoon noticed that Hoseok was a little off. He knew it was because of yesterday's news. Namjoon also couldn't help but wonder if the girl that died was Sooji but he sincerely hopes not. Knowing that Sooji held a special place in Hoseok's heart, Namjoon rode a little closer to him. 

"Hey," he starts, "Let's go find her."

Hoseok turned to look at Namjoon. "What?" he said in confusion. 

"Let's go find Sooji," Namjoon repeated. Hoseok pulled over and Namjoon followed. "Are you sure?" Hoseok asked. Namjoon nodded, "I know you're worried about her, and I am worried about her as much as you are. So I am gonna help you find her."

Yoongi and Taehyung pulled over beside them. "What's wrong? Why are we stopping?" Yoongi asked. 

"We are gonna find Sooji. You in?" Namjoon explained. Yoongi's lips formed a smile, "Heck yes."

"Let's go! I want to go to see the big bridge!" Taehyung said as he pulled the hem of Yoongi's shirt. The three of them looked at Taehyung and back to each other. Taehyung was looking forward to this activity and the boys would not just ditch cycling after only riding for a while. 

Yoongi suggested that they should just ride first, then start the search. They already paid for the bicycle rent anyway. 

 

 

They returned the rented bicycle at a little after 11 am. Namjoon suggested going to the biggest hospitals in Seoul because that's the most likely place that the cancer treatment will take place. Hoseok, however, went to search for the hospital where the New Cancer Treatment programme took place. "We can start from Seoul National Hospital," he suggested. The boys took a bus to the hospital. On the way, Taehyung kept asking where are they going to. 

"Taetae, do you like playing hide and seek?" Namjoon asked. 

Taehyung's eyes immediately lit up, "Of course! I always play that game in school! My friends and I love it so much!" Namjoon chuckled at the young one's reaction, "Well, we are going to play that game right now."

"Really? Can I hide?" Taehyung asked but Namjoon shook his head, "Someone else is hiding and we are going to find her." Taehyung stared in confusion. "Her?" he asked, "who are we looking for, Hyung?"

"Her name is Sooji noona and she is hiding somewhere, so we are going to find her."

"Is she your friend?" Taehyung asked and Namjoon nodded, "She is a good friend of me, Yoongi hyung and Hoseok hyung." Then Namjoon glances at Hoseok. Making sure that he was not looking, he whispered to Taehyung, "Hoseok hyung likes her."

Taehyung's mouth formed an 'O' and he gave a little smirk. 

They finally arrived at the hos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter