magnet

단풍 나무 The maple tree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jimin was pacing back and forth while Jungkook called Mrs Bae to explain what happened. Hoseok, Yoongi and Namjoon sat together, waiting patiently for the doctor to come out. Even Dr. Choi was there waiting for his niece. Younghyun and Jooheon tried to calm the half-crying Jimin by patting his shoulder. Jimin was so worried that his sister would leave him that when he received the phone call from Namjoon, he immediately rushed to the hospital with Jungkook.

Namjoon was silently praying for Sooji while Yoongi was feeling guilty. He knew something was off with Sooji but he didn’t ask her if she was alright. He felt that it was his entire fault; he was the last to see Sooji conscious. If he could just ask Sooji a simple question of ‘are you okay?’, Sooji wouldn’t have to suffer.

Hoseok saw Yoongi fidgeting with his fingers and placed a hand on his shoulder, “what’s wrong?”

Yoongi told him what has been keeping his mind from peace. Hoseok saw the worried look in Yoongi’s eyes and told him it was over and what they need to do is just to wait. He believes Sooji will be alright. Sooji won’t leave just yet. She won’t.

“How do you know that?” Yoongi asked him.

“Sooji isn’t one to leave just like that, I guess.”

 

 

Fortunately, Sooji woke up pretty quickly. Everyone was relieved and Jungkook called Mrs Bae back to tell her that Sooji is awake.

“Noona…” Jimin called her with tears welled in his eyes.

“I’m okay, don’t cry,” Sooji wiped his tears and hugged her brother weakly.

“Noona, I’m so scared I’d lose you,” Jimin said between his sobs. Sooji was not a perfect sister, but she was perfect for him. Sooji took care of Jimin like how their parents do and she would always encourage him in everything he does.

“I won’t leave you okay?” Sooji said weakly. She was almost at the verge of crying but she had to hold it all in. She has got to be strong for Jimin, for her family, for everyone. She is strong.

That night, Jimin simply couldn’t leave his sister alone. He stayed outside the ICU all night, making sure she was okay. Sooji insisted that it was okay for him to go home but Jimin was persistent. No way he would leave her sister after what had happened.

Hoseok felt lonely that night for whatever reason but deep in his heart he knew it was because he was worried about her.

 

“Jimin-ah, don’t you need to go to school?” Sooji asked her brother weakly the next morning. She knew her brother was worried but he can’t ditch school for her sake.

“Not today, Noona,” Jimin held her hands tighter, “I can ask Mr. Kim for permission.”

“But you’ve been outside there all night, at least get some sleep at home, Jimin-ah,” Sooji said, hinting towards him that she’ll be alright, “I’m pretty sure Mom’s on the way.”

“Alright, Noona,” Jimin gave in, “but if anything happens again, I’m not leaving.”

As Jimin walked out of the ICU ward, he met with Younghyun who was settling some documents at the counter.

“Hyung, what’s up?” Jimin called. It was a rare sight of Younghyun walking out of his bed as he usually sat there either playing with his game, eating, or doing both at the same time.

“I’m getting discharged,” Younghyun grinned at the thought of going back home and sitting in front of his set up, “I can’t wait to see my girlfriend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter