trip to seoul

단풍 나무 The maple tree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It didn't take very long for Hoseok to heal. Within a month out of the hospital, he was able to walk without the help of crutches. But the doctors advised him to not do excessive exercises but still do a little stretching to improve. 

He also has been jumping between his rented apartment with Namjoon and Yoongi and his mother's house. Even though there were still tensions with his mother, they were getting along quite well. 

As for his motorbike, he got a piece of good news that the insurance company will be fully covering all the damages of the motorbike. Though he was not allowed to ride it for a few months, he was able to keep it.

One afternoon, it was Yoongi's crazy idea that they should head to Seoul for a mini vacation over the weekend.

"Gwangju air is getting boring. We should go to Seoul to breathe fresher and more expensive air," Yoongi reasoned. 

"We haven't gone out of the city in a while," Namjoon pointed out.

Hearing Seoul, Hoseok's mind wandered to Sooji. He often thinks if she is doing well over there with her treatment. He hasn't heard anything from her since he doesn't have any contact. Deep down, he wants to see her really badly.

"Seok," Namjoon called him, trying to get his attention, "You alright?"

Hoseok blinked and got back to reality, "Oh yeah."

"We were just thinking if you wanna come with us to Seoul over the weekend-"

"Yeah I'm in," Hoseok said, cutting off what Yoongi was saying. They all knew the reason why Yoongi suggested this idea was all for Hoseok. After Sooji left for her treatment at the big city, Hoseok was just not really himself. His mind wanders a lot and he was out of focus. Maybe it's time to give Hoseok the Seoul treatment to try to liven him up a little bit. 

"Alright! We are all set. We'll leave this Friday by bus!" Namjoon clasped his hand together announcing the trip officially. 

 

 

Hoseok was meticulous in packing his bag for the 3-day trip. He made sure he packed hand warmers and even extra warm clothes because based on previous experiences Yoongi would forget things here and there and would ask the two for stuff. 

"What is that?" Hoseok asked Namjoon who was carrying a bundle of food packed neatly, which is obviously prepared by Namjoon's parents. 

"This is for my Uncle and Aunt's family. We will be staying at their house for the 2 nights. And I've got my little cousin Taehyungie who likes Mom's veggie dishes," Namjoon said. 

They quickly bought their tickets at the bus port and also bought some snacks to eat during their 4-hour ride to the capital of South Korea. 

They purposely chose to sit at the back of the bus to avoid sitting near the elderly passengers up the front. You don't want to deal with their snorings up the front. Sitting at the back is cool too. You get more leg room. 

Throughout the 4-hour ride, Namjoon and Yoongi spent half the time playing games while eating the store bought kimbap and half the time sleeping while Hoseok just stared at his phone or looked outside the window. The scenery outside was calming and quite beautiful to look at. The clear blue sky pulled his gaze. It reminded him of her, of how free her personality is.

Hoseok wonders if Sooji is doing well in Seoul and a part in his heart hopes that he would bump into her at one point. He looks at his list of contacts in his phone and realised how little he has. He regretted not asking for her number so much and he really hope that when they do meet, he will be able to stay in contact with her. 

As the bus pulls over at Seoul's Express Bus Terminal, both Namjoon and Yoongi stretched their bodies to wake them up from their half-asleep state. Peop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter