010-XXXX-XXXX

단풍 나무 The maple tree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hoseok," Hongjoong, his colleague called, "Manager Son wants you in her office."

Hoseok stood up from his seat and straightened up his shirt. Knowing that the manager doesn't call anyone by random, he knew that this must be important. 

It has been years since he last saw Sooji and Hoseok got a job at a newspaper company as a journalist. The job that he had gotten was by luck and it was also through Namjoon's friends. Even though it has been a long time, Sooji never failed to cross his mind every now and then. 

"Come in and take a seat," the manager said as Hoseok knocked on her door, "I have a project for you."

"You have been doing pretty well these days and there's an article I want you to work on," Manager Son said and handed him a folder, "There's a start-up company in Seoul that has been booming lately and I want you to work on writing about the company businesses. The details are on the paper." 

Hoseok flipped through the folder and thinks that it is a good opportunity for him to step up. 

"What do you think?" Manager Son asked and Hoseok smiled, "It's a really good idea."

"You have to go to Seoul and interview some people in the company. Your travel expenses and accommodation will be paid for. The visit is scheduled for next Monday so you can leave anytime from now. It's been a while since you went to Seoul right?" Manager Son asked and Hoseok nodded. He hasn't travelled anywhere since that time with Yoongi and Namjoon. So this is a very good opportunity for him.

He decided to leave that night to spend the weekend in Seoul. 

-

He arrived at Seoul Station with his small luggage and backpack. He enjoyed the train ride that was only two hours long. His travel expenses were paid by the company so he tries to use it as well as he can. He dropped his things in the hotel the company provided for him before wandering around Seoul. 

His stop of the night was Namsan Tower. He remembered the first time he went there with Namjoon, Yoongi and little Taehyung. It’s also been a while since he saw Taehyung. He must be finishing middle school by now. He wonders what the little boy looks like after not seeing him for so long. 

He fished out his phone and went through his camera roll. He found the pictures of them from years ago and a warm smile crept up his face. Then he remembered the locks that they placed when they visited. Hoseok decided to see if the locks are still there. Walking up the stairs, he saw much more locks being placed everywhere on the railings than the last time he went. Looking for his lock, he slowly lifted up some rusty ones that were placed near his. 

“Oh, I found it!” 

Hoseok thought it was his mind saying it but it was a girl’s voice and he hasn’t even found his lock yet. He turned to the source of the voice and saw a girl with short black hair. 

When Hoseok saw a better glimpse of the girl, he couldn’t believe his eyes. 

“Sooji?” He called.

The girl turned around and Hoseok thanked the gods for they were not playing him today. 

“My god, who would have thought I’d find you here!” Sooji ran towards the man she hasn’t seen in years and gave him a tight hug. 

He was still in a trance when it finally sinks in him. He replied her warm embrace, “never thought I’ll see you again.”

“I miss you so much, you know,” Hoseok said as they let go of each other. He took a good look at the girl. Her long brown hair gone, replaced by a black hair just enough to cover her ears.

“I miss you too. We got a lot of catching up to do,” Sooji said, “Do you wanna sit in the cafe? It’s a bit chilly out here.” 

Sooji didn’t want for Hoseok’s answer as she went towards the entrance of the cafe in Namsan Tower. The place was packed but thankfully there were seats for the two of them.

“Bitter coffee? You could drink th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter