Chapter Seven

Once Wild, always free

(A/N): AND I'M BAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy! :) 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nichkhun stared at the girl before him, his heart thumping in his chest. 

NO way, he thought. Just ... no way.

The girl gave a pretty smile, and Nichkhun's heart melted.

"Hi again, oppa."

"H-how ..." he stuttered. 

Victoia was here? Like, here?! Just ... just ... after all these years, she was so close. And she never ...

Victoria stepped forwards, and before Nichkhun could react, she threw her slender arms around his waist and hugged him. Nichkhun stood still for a moment, then wrapped his ams around her slim frame and hugged her back, throwing all his unspoken emotions into that one movement. He buried his face into her thick brown hair, and breathed in her scent. It was still unchanged - a hint fresher but still the same - a mixture of mint and lavender. 

"I-I'm sorry, oppa ..." she gave a small sob, and Nichkhun hugged her harder. He didn't realised how much he had missed her sweet voice, how much he had missed her calling him "oppa". 

No-one else had called him that all these years since she'd been gone. No-one. It was only for her.

"What for?" he murmered softly.

"F-for leaving you. Without s-saying anything. It was your dad ... h-he said that he'd do s-something to you if I ... d-din't leave ..." she hiccuped.

Nichkhun froze, his eyes wide.

His father ...

had done that?

"What ... why ... h-he ... but ..." he trailed off, furious.

Victoria tried to calm him down.

"H-he said it was because I hated the factory. He knew that, if I stayed with you long enough, I would convince you to close it down. He d-didn't want that ... so he came to me by the cliff. You know ... and told me to get away and stay away. F-from you. And if I didn't, he'd do something terrible to you. I-I couldn't risk anything happening to you ... so I obeyed. W-went to the cave, and got stuck when the tide came in. B-but the dolhpins ... they saved me." 
She trailed off with a fond smile.
"they took me into their pod. Even though I wasn't one of them, even though I couldn't speak like they did ... they still accpeted me. So I stayed with them. Helped them, untangled the fishing nets, helped with their birthing. I was their new family." She smiled again, and slowly entwined her fingers with his.

"But I never stopped thinking about you."

Nichkhun let out a long breath, calming himself down. 

She was safe. She was here. That was all that mattered ...

... but she couldn't go back.

Not with him.

He was ... 

a monster.

It was too late to turn back time. He had become what his father wanted him to become.

And even though Tori was safe, in his arms ...

He pulled away.

It didn't stop what he had done.

In the end ...

His father had still won.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tiffany lay on her back on the beach, while her brother behind her stood on the rock, staring out to sea, looking for anything that would help. 

They had, literally, nothing but themselves, and the clothes on their backs.

Their phones where damaged and useless, all their stuff was now at the bottom of the ocean ...

Might as well ...

No. Don't give up. Even in the darkest times, there will always be a way out. Don't worry, Mi Young.

She felt a warm wetness at the corner of her eye.

His voice always came back to her. Comforting her even though he was ... not there ... himself ...

A salty tear trickled down her face.

She felt arms aroung her. Taecyeon has noticed her plight.

"What's wrong?"

She sniffed and turned around, burying her face into her brother's chest.

"W-why did he leave ..." she choked out, tears now pouring down her face, wetting Taecyeon's shirt. Taecyeon immeadiately knew who she was talking about.

"H-he said he'd always be there for me and he left. He-he ..." she sobbed helplessly.

*Flashback*

"Hey! That's not fair!" Tiffany pouted at the boy besides her, who was laughing.

He flicked his straw and another drop of milkshake landed on her nose. He grinned evilly. 

"Haha, mianhe Mi Young-ah! Have to catch me first!" He stood up and darted aroung the bench, and Tiffany leapt up and followed.

"Oppa~~" she whined, chsing after him.

After their mad dash across the park, they both sat down on another bench facing a river. Tiffany leaned against her boyfriend and he cuddled her close. She laid her head on his shoulder and gazed at the river, not saying anything.

For a while, they sat in a comfortable silence.

Watching the river go by, with its sparkling, crystal clear streams and silvery-gold fish darting to and fro.

Then she broke the silnce, and looked up at her boyfriend with adoring eyes.

"I love you, Siwon oppa."

The boy smiled and leaned in, gently pressing his lips to her's for a short, sweet kiss. He broke off and touched her forhead with his.

"I love you too, Mi Young."

*Flashback ends*

Tiffany sighed. That was her favourite memory. Siwon's such a kind, gentle, caring man to her -

Was. 

Was a kind, gentle caring man.

He wasn't here any more.

He died a day after.

Her eyes started to tear up again as she recalled the horrific moment, the pain, the horrible feeling of despair in the pit of her stomach. She curled up on the ground, hugging her stomach, and started to cry silently in the night.