Chapter Fourteen

Once Wild, always free

Taecyeon turned the keys in the lock as he pulled open the front door, walking inside. "Tiff?" 

Tiffany appeared a second late, her hair still dripping wet, presumably from the shower. "Taec - you're back already?"

Taecyeon raised his eyesbrows, faking a hurt expression. "You didn't miss me?" he pouted. Tiffany laughed, lightly smacking his arm. "Idiot."

Taecyeon had to think for a few seconds to remember what he came here for, and turned to Tiffany. "So ... I told Junsu-hyung," he said slowly. TIffany froze for a second, then braethed out in relief. "Oh. I forgot - the guy ... that guy?" 

"Yup." Taecyeon nodded, but he still had a worried expression plastered on his face. "I don't really know whether that was the right thing to do, if Nichkhun hyung finds out and he didn't want -"

"Taecyeon oppa." Tiffany firmly said. Taecyeon stopped short in his words, blinking at her confusedly. "Do you trust Junsu?" 

Taecyeon nodded. "... Yes."

"Do you think he can help us?"

"...Yes?"

"Do you think he will tell the ... other people?"

"... No."

"Do you think this is going to be a good descicion?"

"... Probably." Taecyeon's brow creased in confusion.

"So there you go." Tiffany stood up and walked back into her bedroom. "You can trust him, you just said so." She rolled her eyes, mumbling something about "Boys," under her breath. Taecyeon growled at her, then sighed, flopping back onto the sofa. 

Really, what could he do?

It was so hard, being this helpless. 

Perhaps Junsu could help him? How?

Taecyeon stared out of the window for a good minute or two, then picked up his phone, disalling a number.

A few rings later, a familiar voice replied, "Yeobusaeyo?"

"Junsu hyung? There's something called a contact number," Taecyeon started off. "You know it's me."

"Can't be bothered." The reply caused him to chuckle slightly, but he grew serious again in a few seconds. "Hyung?"

"What's wrong?" The voice was suspicious. "Go on, you can tell me Taec ... it's about -"

"Nichkhun hyung, yeah," Taecyeon sighed. "It's just ... I don't know what to do."

There was a pause on the phone. "Have you seen him yet?" 

Taecyeon shook his head before remembering that Junsu couldn't see him. "No, why?"

"Has he told you he needed help?"

Taecyeon stopped. Had he? He thought back to after when Tori had vanished, and was more than surprised to realize that Junsu was right. Even after she had been sighted again, Nichkhun had only asked for help for the small things. Asking to borrow a boat. Asking to tell Tiffany. But never ...

"No ..." Taecyeon answered. A sigh was heard from the other side, and a moment later Junsu replied, "Well ... that wasn't exactly what I wanted but he hasn't told you he wanted any help. So don't try to help people if they don't ask for help, it'll just ... make them angry. Help when he asks you - I know you really want to help," he added hurridly after Taecyeon made a start of a protest, "But help from a distance. Don't be too direct. Okay?"

Taecyeon glanced at his watch, and rose. "Yea. Okay. Thanks, hyung." 

"Don't you have work?"

"Yea. Just realized ... erm ..."

"Whoa wait when was the last time you went to work?" Junsu's voice was suspicious. Taecyeon froze. When was the last time he went ot work? On time?

The last time ... when he met Nichkhun at the pier, before the boat and the storm. How long ago was that? A week? Two weeks? Three?

"Er ..." Taecyeon gave a guilty little laugh. 

Junsu huffed from the other side of the phone. "See, you haven't even been to work properly, Taec. You get distracted easily. You're gonna be late. Go."

"Fine grandpa," Taec teased lightly, hearing Junsu's noise of protest before ending the call, grabbing his bag and heading out of the door.

 

 

 

Nichkhun leaned over the railing again, not manning the wheel but instead letting the boat swing whatever way he wanted. As long as he kept the land in sight or his compass was working, he could be able to find his way back, he was sure. 

Just not another storm. 

He shuddered slightly, and sighed as he wrapped his arms around the metal railings, the wind whipping his hair, tugging at the blue top he was wearing. He had started coming out to sea mroe often these days. It was quite addicting, really. It was just so ... free. He was where no-one could hear him, no-one could force him, no-one could see him. The cry of the gulls sounded from above him, carrying faintly in the breeze. 

What was he doing here?

His mind shrugged, turning away from the question. It wasn't needed.

Walking over to the wheel, Nichkhun was about to turn the ship around and start to head back home - night had almost fallen - but something caught his eye.

On the radar, a small red spot was pulsing, only a small distance away from the centre. 

Another ship.

Nichkhun raised his head as a sharp scream suddenly reached his ears, and his heart started to race in his chest as he spun around, staring around the seemingly empty ocean in the half-dark. 

That scream.

The voice was Tori's.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Short update for you guys. Sorry if it is was it is - short. >.< My time is limited *wails* I'll do my best to update. Let me know if you are still here reading this fic ... T_T I'm sorry for being a bad author T_T

Meemow123

xxx