Chapter Five

Once Wild, always free

Tiffany squeezed shut her eyes and continued to drag her brother in the general direction of the island. A wave rolled over the two of them, and she put of a surge of speed, the island in her sight. 

Taecyeon was almost limp with exhaustion, but he still struggled the other way, still screaming Nichkhun's name.

But there was nothing.

Nothing but vast, empty sea.

He wasn't there.

Tiffany let herself falter as she let loose a sob. Her best friend was gone. So was the boat, she saw the keel of the ship's prow slip silently underwater as she watched, a great mountain collasping into the ocean. The ocean. Now her most hated enemy. Took away her friend. Might tkae away her brother. 

Might take away her too.

Taec started to scream again, and Tiffany closed her eyes as she felt rock underneath her feet. Land. She raised her tear - streaked face and saw the small rocky outcrop of an island. 

She would have been celebrating. Nichkhun was right. They got there.

But Nichkhun wasn't there.

Taecyeon's soulmate, her best friend, wasn't there.

She drags the limp Taecyeon up the beach and collasped, breaking down into sobs as she curled up on the ground. She felt a shift and Taecyeon's arms were wrapped protectively around her. 

"K - khun ... He ... he ..." she couldn't say anything else, and sank into her brother's embrace, while he buried his face in her hair and quietly mourned the loss of his best frien who had been suffering, he knew, long beofre all this.

But he had a small feeling, deep inside him, that Nichkhun was out there. Still alive.

But he wasn't there, he thought as he sighed again. He won't - he's trapped ... 

But Khun is a resilient guy, he argued. He wanted to keep that small spark of hope lit inside him.

He's probably trapped under thirty or fourty meters of water on a sinking ship. he reminded himself. Not even a resilient man could get out ... 

... unless someone helped him.

But there was no-one there ...

There was no help ...

Stop it, he mumbled. I know that Nichkhun is still alive. 

Unless ...

He isn't...

If he's ...

Taecyeon started to cry quietly as he lay huddled with his sister on the cold, dark beach, with obsidian-black waves lapping the shore.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hello!!!

meemow123 here back with ... a NEW chapter!! yay!

im really sorry to have kept you waiting, thank you to all who have held on and not abandonned it.

(well its actually ME who does the abandonning but dont worry, i wont!)

thank you to all the subber and commenters!

see you later!

and sorry for the short update. 

i thought youd want to see what happened to taec and tiff.

bro and sis. lol.

meemow123

;-)