Chapter Three

Once Wild, always free

Nichkuhn leaned over the railing and stared down into the cool, blue swirling waves below him. This was - is - where the fisherman had seen her last ... and he was determined to find her. To bring her back. 

"Hey, Khun. You all right?" Tiffany's voice floated up to him from below the deck. He sighed, annoyed. 

"Tiff, that's the tenth time you've asked me that in the last ..." - he checked his watch - "... two minutes."

Tiffany stepped up to the deck besides him, looking disgruntled. She tossed her hair over her shoulder and replied, "Well, you can't blame me. After all you've been through, somebody has to ask you whether you're all ... all ... right ..." she trailed off, looking guilty. 

"No probs." 

"Tiff!" Taecyeon's voice floated up to the pair of them. "It's your turn to take the wheel!"

"But I just finished my lunch ..." she whined, throwing an eye roll at Nichkuhn, who was watching with a blank face. 

"I know! That's why it's your turn!"

"Fine, fine, Mr. Bossy ..." she huffed and climbed back down, leaving Nichkuhn alone on the deck again. 

He looked out to sea, and saw the waves, leaping up and falling down, reflecting the sunlight off it's glisting surface. The water was a deep, turquoise blue. He could see little silver flickers underwater, darting to and fro. The salty sea breeze whipped at his hair, and he gave a small smile when he remebered the time when Tori was trying to get his hair to lie down properly. She failed, and he had run away, laughing. 

"Hello there, Khun!" Taecyeon sauntered up the steps. "You okay?"

"Ugh. Taec, that's the eleventh time you've asked me that. I think I'm going to get a tatto on my forhead, saying, 'I'm fine.'" Nichkhun grumbled and shoved him towards the edge playfully. 

"Sorry." Taecyeon looked awkard for a moment, then his face brightened. "Wait, did you crack a joke?!" 

He laughed, laughed so hard he had to grab the railing for support. Nichkuhn looked at him, not understanding the joke. He didn't do jokes, not for the past six years. 

"Tiff!" he called down, voice cracking. "Mr. Sad - face over here actually cracked a joke! Hahaha!" 

"Very funny ..." Tiffany answered, but she couldn't hide the laughter in her voice. Taecyeon overreacted too much. It was unhealthy. Hahaha, very funny. 

"Oh my god ..." Nichkuhn trailed off, peering into the sea. "I think that's them ..."

_______________________________________________________________________________

hello peeps 

meemow123 back here with a new chpter! sorry for the short update, but a little is a lot, right? hehe. 

sooo ... what did khun see/ tori and her dolphins? or maybe its just a big shark >.<

thanks for subbing

meemow123