Chapter Twelve

Once Wild, always free

Victoria had told the truth. A few hourse before sundown, he had heard a horn in the distance. 

But he didn't move from his position.

Was he wrong all this time?

Could he be saved?

Why did he push away his only hope of salvation from what he had gradually become?

He groaned and buried his face in his hands, trying to calm his restless mind. When the ship came, they had to shout several times before he managed to drag himself to the edge of the rock, scrambling over the slippery surfaces before jumping aboard. He had a half mind to hold back and stay, wait for Victoria, but she wasn't coming. However much he had changed, he still knew Tori ...and once she had gone, she wouldn't come back. She had made her point.

Throughout the ride, he ignored the questions from the crew, and rejected the offer to call the police. He only spoke once - to made sure that this never slipped out to the media. He didn't how how people would react, and when he didn't knw, it would be best to avoid it. 

Once on the landing deck, he quickly escaped from the ship, with breif thanks to the crew, before walking back into the shadows of the trees that lined the edge of the beach. 

The beach where he had last seen Tori, last been himself.

He shook his head, sighing, before hurrying home to his own house, where he brushed past his neighbours and locked himself in for the night. He ed his shirt and collapsed back onto his bed, not caring to bath. He had had enouhg for one night.

The next day, he promised himself, things would go back to normal, and everything would be normal and not unusual.

But nothing he ever wanted ever came true, did it?

He brushed the thought from his mind as he drifted into a restless sleep.

*Taecyeon and Tiffany's house*

Taecyeon growled as he walked over from the window, the surtains swishing shut  behind him. "I am going to murder him later."

"What?" Tiffany looked up, startled. She put down her phone on the bed and looked up at her brother."Who?"

"Nichkhun hyung ..." Taecyeon nodded as TIffany let out an audibly loud gasp, covering . "He's back? When? Is he alright? Is he hurt?"

"I think so. He just walked back inside his house and locked the doors. All the curtains are closed. Knowing him, he would have done something stupid at the island, something even more stupid if Victoria noona came."

"Oh damn ..." Tifany stood up, but was stopped by Taecyeon. She galnced at him. "What?"

"I think we should ... leave him alone for a few hours. Maybe a day or more if needed ... he won't say anything. It'll have ... shaken him too much."

"You know Khun ..." sighed Tiffany. She sat back down, then glanced back out of the window. "Do you think he's okay?"

"Geez, what are you, his umma?" joked Taecyeon. He saw no change in Tiffany's face and sighed, sitting down next to her. "He probably won't be," he admitted. "But he'll pull though this."

Tiffany said nothing and stared out of the window, before rolling over under the covers and Taecyeon knew the conversation was over.

*Nichkhun's house*

Nichkhun said on his bed, his knees pulled up to his chest as he stared at the object, glistening in the moonlight on his windowsill. It was almost like before - after a rant from his father, demanding him to see sense and take over the factories, he would escape and ru back upstairs to his bedrom, lock the door, and sit on his bed, watching the object until Tori came and he sneaked out of the back door. But it was different now.

The small, carved model of a dolphin sat on its stand on the windowsill in front of him, shining red, basking in the moonlight that streamed in from the dark sky outside. It was all still here - but this time, there would be no Tori coming to pull him out of it. 

Why was he being such a miserable ... Nichkhun roaned under his breath and fell back down onto his bed, on top of the covers, still fully dressed, and fell asleep.

From the other side of the street, in the shadows of the trees that made up the copse in the park nearby, he was being watched.

The girl in her almost see-through, dripping wet white dress gave a small, sad sigh as she turned and disappeared into the darkness, flitting towards the harbour where she gave one last look back and dived into the dark blue waters, leaving behind a perfect circular ripple.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I AM SO SORRY I got a writers block AGAIN Gods I am so pathetic T_T

Sorry for the shotr update. I have a vague idea of what is going to happen so yea, if I dont update for ages I was NOT kidnapped by aliens. Just saying. :)

Too much angst I know ... I AM SO SORRY PLEASE KILL ME TT_TT

Ok gotta go now sorry for the typos BYE LOVE YA ALL <333333

mm123