Chapter Four

Once Wild, always free

"What!" Taecyeon rushed over to the railing, laughter all gone. Tiffany peered down into the water, frowning. 

"I can't see ... anything ..."

"Oh, you guys! Seriously? Look, there ... in the water ... dolphins. See?" Nichkhun grabbed Taec's arm and dragged him over to his spot. Taec's mouth fell open. 

"Oh wow ... I think you're right ..."

"Of course I'm right." Nichkhun gave a light attempt at a joke. Tiffany giggled, still staring intently into the water. 

A pod of dolphins swam by, slipping gracefully through the ocean currents. Nichkuhn stared, admiring their beauty. Free, wild, nature's children. 

Then he stopped. And he was destroying it ... all. Right now, the factories were pouring waste and sewage into the ocean ... this ocean. The pain was shockingly real, and he staggered a little, gripping the railing for support. 

"Khun, are you alright -?" Tiffany slapped her hand over , realising what she had said. 

"N - yeah, I'm fine. And didn't I tell you to stop asking?" Nichkhun quickly diverted the subject and stared back down into the water, holding back his tears as more memories washed back. Why now?

"Look," the girl said, laying her head on his shoulder. "Look at it. Isn't it ..."

"Beautiful," the boy replied, her head. They stared at the lush green canopy of trees, the chirping, colourful birds, the sweet, gently rain pattering on the roof of leaves. At the small river, winding its way through the forest, sparkling, crystal clear. At the little herd of deer, roaming through the trees, snuffling up leaved and bits of grass. 

She looked at him sincerely. "That's why I tried to tell your father to stop. All of the waste, it's going into the ocean. It's killing it, all the animals, the water, the seabirds ... will you do me a favor?" she stared into his eyes, pleading.

He kissed her gently and replied, "Of course. 

"Promise me that you won't take over the factory. That you'll be nothing like your father. That you'll destroy it, to help the wild. Nature. It's us, it's in us, can't you feel it?" 

He nodded, biting his lip. Defiying his father ... how was he supposd to do that when he knew what his father's wrath was like?

"I will, Tori. But you promise me that you'll help me."

She lay back against him, closing her eyes peacefully, holding his hand. 

"I'll be with you. Always."

But Tori, why did you leave me? You promised that you would stay with me ... 

And because she left him, his support had vanished, leaving him, a temple without columms, left him so be twisted into the harsh, cruel man that his father wanted him to be ...

He blinked back the tears and leant over the railing. He started, and jumped back, then called the others. 

"Hey ... Taec! Hyung! Tiff!" 

They came running from the other end of the ship. 

"You saw them?"

...

"Y - yeah. It's Tori."

***

What the trio didn't know was the fact that the weather was turning against them, that an unpredicted storm was on it's way. And it was coming, fast. The sky darkened, and rain started to pelt down in heavy bucketfulls. The ship groaned, tilting this way and that. 

Nichkhun was on the prow of the ship, fighting his own battle with the steering wheel, struggling to turn the ship around. "What are you doing!" screamed Tuffany, who was down in the hold, helping her brother pump out the water spilling onto the ship with ever wave. 

"Turning the ship around to ... face the storm!! We're heading it on from the side, it's gonna -" 

The ship heaved and almost fell, listing to the side. 

"Like that!"

"Okay, do what ever, and head us to the nearest bit of land!"

Tiffany frantically searched the maps. "The Island! North, Noth - West!" 

Nichkhun yanked on the wheel, and it gave into the pressure, and she ship started to turn, slowly ...

... too slowly. The largest wave yet started to race towards them at an alarming rate. 

"GO!!!" Nichkhun yelled, abandonning the steering wheel. Their only chance was to escape before it hit, and swim the the island. He could see it now, a faint shadow not so far away. 

He raced down below deck and started to drag Tiffany up the ladder, with Taec close behind. They were nearly there -

But the wave beat them to it. It crashed down with full force, and the dark, cloudy sky disappeared beneath a roof of water. 

Taecyeon and Tiffany managed to reach the nearest escape hatch ... but it was jammed, forced hut by the current. There was no way out. 

But the emergency lever was still intact ... thrity feet away. 

Nichkhun saw it, and did the only thing possible ... he dived back into the water and ignored Taec and Tiffany's wild guestures, swimming to the lever ... and pulled it. In the distance,, he heard a creak and a beam of light rushed in, and he saw two figures hesitating by the door. 

He waved his hand. Go. 

They disappeared, and he struck out, but another wave crashed down, and he was tossed carelessly onto a table. The hard wood cracked onto his head, and almost immeadiately started to black out, feeling desperate for air. He managed to escape the sinking ship, only to find himslef under five metres of water. Even that was too deep. 

As the world started to fade away, he felt gentle hands under his arms, pulling him, guiding him. 

Somewhere. 

Safe?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hey peeps

meemow123 here back with a new chapter!

dont worry, yet. also ... i might need a bit of help. 

do u want the factoy to keep going, be destroyed, khun going back to trori, dad coming back from the dead and hauntng him...

... or what?

hehe. if u like this staory , plz subscribe. also ... how do you make a poster or a cover? 

just wondering. other covers have been really good. 

seems fun to make one. 

hehe,

see you guys later!

meemow123