Chapter Ten

Once Wild, always free

Nichkhun shook his head.

Victoria stared at him with the most heart-breaking expression on her face, and Nichkhun felt like punching himself. He desperate;y wanted to reach out and comfort her, but at the same time ...

... something was holding him back. Something that overpowered his other, normal, past side. Something that was cruel, harsh, emotionless.

He took a step back. Opened his mouth.

"I ... I am sorry, Tori. But ... I can't."

He felt something warm and wet on his face, and realised that he was crying too. Tears slowly trickled down his face.

"I just don't want you to get hurt."

Victoria shook her head. "You are hurting me just by saying that, oppa."

"Not as much as I could ... will."

"Will?" Victoria swiped her hand over her face, flicking away the tears. "What do you mean, will?"

"I would hurt you. I ... just can't stop it, even if I tried. It's too late."

"You wouldn't hurt me."

"I might. This isn't the old me, Tori! Why can't you just accept that fact?!"

Victoria swallowed. She looked at Nichkhun, but there was now anger or hate in her eyes.

Just sorrow.

"I will go." She stepped away from him. "A ship is coming for you. You will go."

Nichkhun didn't say anything - just wiped away the tears.

"Nichkhun ..." Nichkhun looked up, despite himself.

Victoira was staring at him with a sad face.

"I might be letting you go now, but belive me, I will get you back. Later."

Nichkhun stayed silent.

"Goodbye - for now, oppa. They can't see me."

Victoria walked backwards away from him, then turned and leapt lightly onto the rocks, diving into the water with hardly a noise.

Nichkhun watched the slim girl in the fluttering white dress glide away from him.

*Back on the ship*

Taecyeon rested his chin on his hands as he stared out to sea. Silent. Thinking.

"We're nearing the shore, get ready to land!"

Taecyeon got up, and, with a final look at the ocean, jogged up to meet Tiffany at the prow of the yacht. 

The ship bumped gently against the dock. Tiffant jumped out, pulling a stumbling, half sea-sick Taecyeon with her.

"Thank you so much, ahjusshi! If we can pay you back in any way, just let us know!"

The man handed Tiffany a card. "That's my number. Just in case."

He smiled, his eyes crinkling. "Take care, guys! You -" he pointed at Tiffany, "- take care of your brother. I have a feeling he's going to do something reckless."

Tiffany bit her lip. She looked at Taecyeon in worry, then thanked the man, walking to the dock. 

"Come here, sit down." she patted the wooden planks, jumping down. Her legs swung just before the water. Taecyeon sat cross-legged besides her, still not saying anything. Tiffany convinced herself it was because he was still slightly sea-sick. 

After ten minutes of silence, Tiffany sighed and grabbed Taecyeon's hand. "Taec."

He raised his head slightly.

"Oppa, look at me." She squeezed his hand gently. 

Taecyeon looked at her, and as soon as she saw the expression in his eyes she metled, pulling her older brother into her arms. She didn't know how deep Taecyeon's and Nichkhun's friendship went until now. And now that he was ... that they didn't know whether he was alive or not, it was affecting him greatly, more than she had ever expected.

*On the island*

Nichkhun sat on the rocks, watching the crystal clear blue waters lap softly up and down the shoreline, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. He let out a sigh for the nth time.

Maybe he shouldn't have rejected her offer. Tori was just trying to help him, and he ...

No. She would just get hurt.

His mind drifted back to Taecyeon and Tiffany, and he felt a twinge of worry. Where were they now? Were they safe? Even if they were ... he wished he had a way of contacting them, letting them know he was safe and ... sound-ish. Knowing Taec, he wouldn't be coping well with his disappearance.

"Ugh ..." he groaned quietly, letting his head fall onto his arms.

Behind him, the sky started to glow with stips of soft pink and orange, as the sun started to aink below the horizon.

But still he sat and stared out to sea, his eyes empty, but his mind in a turmoil.

*On the dock*

Taecyeon took a deep breath, consoling himself, and stood up, offering his hand to hhis sister. "We should get going ..." he said quietly. 

Tiffany gave her brother a look of concern, and he scowled lightly. "I'm fine, Tiff." 

"Obviously you're not -"

"Yet." Taecyeon cut off, and pulled her to her feet, then stood, looking lost. "Erm ... where do we go?"

Tiffany scratched her head in confusion. "Uh ..."

"Police station maybe?" suggested Taecyeon. Tiffany hesistated, then asnwered, "Maybe the Coastal Rescue, they would do a better job."

Taecyeon turned his head, looking out to sea, and sighed. "Ok. CR it is, let's go."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, im really really really sorry for not updating for AGES, you may kill me if you want. Sorryyyyyyyyy ~

anyways i hope you enjoy, sorry again~!

lots of love,

mm123 <3