Hate and Like

Love in Swamp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seonsaengnim, is this some kind of a joke?” Kim Nana can’t help herself but ask.

 

“Kim Nana, I am a teacher. Not a clown.”

 

“But why Jeong Seonwoo?” 

 

Of all of her class mates, why him? She knew that Seonwoo is one of the small portion of bright students in her class, but why him? Isn’t the class president busy with all the other things he do and being a member of All for One, too? Miss Dokgo should know that because she is the adviser of the All for One Band. Or is All for One disbanding? Well, she doubt that will happen.

 

“And why not him?”

 

Nana couldn’t answer her question. What would she answer anyway? She couldn’t say that she was avoiding him because he had dumped her. And dumping her means that she should stop her feelings for him. And how would she do that if Miss Dokgo wants her to stick around Seonwoo?

 

“You should just be thankful that Seonwoo is willing to help you. Do you think the other kids would agree to help you?”

 

The way other students had treat her had changed, yes. But still, not everyone, even on her own classroom, wants to get close to her. They were proud to call her by her name, yes. Proud to declare that they knew her and she was their classmate but not all of them really want to be friends with her. Actually, the Color Bar band members (except Seonwoo) were the only ones that could cross her line of being nearly friends. And she also knew that among the members of their band, only Seonwoo could excell academically. He was the perfect prince after all.

 

Nana managed to steal another glimpse of Seonwoo. He was still just standing there with his poker face. And Nana wondered what is it that he’s thinking of agreeing in tutoring her. Didn’t he let those last two coupons expired because he doesn’t want to be with her anymore? Maybe Seonwoo was forced to do it. Maybe he was bullied by Miss Dokgo. He was the type of person who could not say ‘no’ to a grown up anyway. 

 

“Okay, I get it. Thank you, Seonsaengnim,” Nana said just to end their discussion.

 

Miss Dokgo clapped her hands. She seemed to be happy that she agreed. “And don’t forget to thank, Seonwoo.”

 

She faced him, looking at the colar of his uniform, still trying to avoid his eyes. “Thank you, Class President,” she said with a little bow. She went back to Miss Dokgo. “Is there anything else, Miss Dokgo?”

 

“Hmm… Nothing more, I guess. Off you go, then.”

 

Nana gave another little bow before going out of the room. She heard Seonwoo saying his goodbye to Miss Dokgo right after her. She wanted to get away as fast as she can but someone had grabbed her backpack from behind to try to stop her. She was right in thinking that it was Jeong Seonwoo.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter