Speaking Out Loud

Company
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hoho, thought someone said that nothing was going on between the manager and her own self?" Jessica teases once I put down my handbag on my seat.

 

"Oh yes. I did say that," I smile cunningly to her. 

 

"C'mon. Just tell me about it. Why did you two appear in the company at the same time?" she ignores my sarcasm and urges me. 

 

Before I can even say no, she already rolls her chair to my side. And sit still to hear my story. I wish that I have the power to make her disappear just for a moment. 

 

"Alright. Just listen carefully and I won't repeat in case you don't get it," I give her a glance. 

 

She nods furiously and tilts her head nearer to me. I cup both of my hands around her ear and bring my mouth closer. 

 

"Go ask Tae yourself," I whisper and lean away immediately after I finished with my words. 

 

She is probably having a hard time trying not to hit me in my face as she is clenching her fists tightly. I chuckle when I see the sight. 

 

"Fine, I will ask Taeyeon myself. Just don't regret," she glares at me. 

 

After she makes the decision, she gets up from her chair and heads towards Tae's room. A gasp escapes from my mouth but I regain composure after that. I smirk. Hehe, she will not be this brave for sure. Let's see first. 

 

Jessica walks to the door and brings up a fist, showing that she's going to knock on the door. Before her hand lands on it, she turns her head and looks at me. Like asking me that am I sure about this. 

 

I grin and gesture her to go ahead. She raises her eyebrow to me, not believing me that I actually allow her to do that. I nod at her. She scoffs and turns back to the door. 

 

Little did I know that someone would come out from the room without anyone knocking. 

 

"Jessica? Do you need anything from me?" the door opens by itself and reveals Tae behind it. 

 

"I-I, no-nothing," Jessica stutters and quickly hides her hand behind her, avoiding Tae's suspicious stare. 

 

Before Tae asks Jessica question again, she runs back to her place and sit down, acting like nothing has happened. I can't stop myself from laughing and have to bite my lip to prevent any sound. 

 

Due to Jessica's behaviour, Tae has many questions in her mind as she scratches her head in confusion. Tae turns to me and lifts up both of her hands, asking me about Jessica. 

 

I shrug, showing her that I don't know what happened to Jessica. But inside, I'm already laughing like a mad woman. Tae smiles and gestures me to enter her room before she goes back inside. 

 

"Traitor," I hear an angry whisper coming from the person who made me laugh just now. I shush her and she looks at me fiercely. A smirk appears on my face. Looking at my proud face, she scoffs and turns around to continue her works rather reluctantly. 

 

I giggle as I think that making fun of Jessica will be the most exciting job for me. Although sometimes I bet on with my life when I play with her. 

 

"Tae? Is there anything you want me to do for you?" I ask her as soon as I enter her room. 

 

"Later I will be meeting with Mr. Choi to discuss about his sponsorship on the company's fashion show. We will have dinner together," she checks out her file while informing me. 

 

"Okay. Do you need me to make reservation for the usual restaurant you always go to?" 

 

"Yes, please. We will be going there together at 8, alright?" she crosses her fingers and stares at me. 

 

"Sure. If you don't have anything to say, I will leave now," 

 

"Wait. Can I ask you something?" Tae stops me from taking a step towards the door. 

 

"Why did Jessica act weirdly around me just now? Did something happen?" she asks cautiously after I give a nod. 

 

"Ah...she just..." I don't know how to answer and my sentence is stacked in my tounge. 

 

"She is a bit off today so don't mind her. Hehe," I chuckle awkwardly. 

 

"Oh okay then. Don't forget the meeting tonight, Fany-ah," she grins widely whenever she calls my name. I can't help but smile as well. 

 

 

I fix my tie and my coat in front of the mirror as I have an important meeting tonight. Or to say in other words, I need to create good impressions in front of my client. Okay, maybe Fany as well. 

 

My watch points at 7.30 pm and it seems like I need to go the restaurant with my secretary. I take one last look on myself and grab my handbag before leaving my office room. 

 

I close the door and then turn around to see Fany packing up her things. A smile creeps across my face as I imagine that I can have this view everytime I go back from work. It would be amazing. 

 

"Oh, Tae. Just wait for a moment and we are free to go~" she chirps cheerfully. Seems like she's in a good mood. Seeing her like this make me unable to feel my face. 

 

"Haha, it's okay. Just take your time~" I chirp back playfully, earning a fit of giggles from her. 

 

"I'm done. Let's go," she says after packing up. 

 

"Wait,"

 

I turn her around and pull her closer to me. Shock is written all over her face but I ignore it. I run my hands over her shoulder and feel quivering beneath my hands. 

 

Since the weather is cold, Fany puts on a scarf and she looks so cute with half of her face buried in it. Noticing that her scarf is not wore properly, my hands already find their ways to fix it although my brain doesn't send the signal to them. 

 

"Ta-Tae?" her voice is muffled but I can still hear it clearly with the close proximity we are in. 

 

"Hmm?" I concentrate on fixing her scarf tenderly that I can only hum as a response. 

 

"Okay! You look great now. Let's go," I quickly say and turn away without waiting for her reply. 

 

Her flushed face and awkward posture etch themselves in a corner of my mind. Luckily there is no one in the office as the working time ended long time ago. 

 

The reason that I turn away immediately is that I feel giddiness all over my body and I fear that I will not control myself if I did not stop myself in time. 

 

And I fear that I can't pull myself up from the depth if one day she pushes me down. 

 

 

I stop my car in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter