Effort

Company
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's because I want you to be mine. Not someone else's."

 

It's like after I said this, I feel an instant regret as I'm not prepared for confession yet. I just wanted to explain the reason of my attitude just now. Maybe I was feeling too desperate. 

 

"What did you say?" Fany lifts her head away from my chest and looks at me intensely after the struggling stopped. 

 

"I said I want you to be mine. And it hurts me that I can't do anything when someone tries to take you away," I breathe out a sigh after speaking my feelings out. 

 

We are like a couple who are arguing but making up later like this. As my hands are still around her waist and her body is still close to mine. Although her expression doesn't say so. 

 

"So you mean that you-"

 

"Yes. I like you. I like you a lot," I quickly say as I don't want to let her have even a moment to be confused of my feelings towards her. 

 

"I mean are you sure about this? I can't even be sure of myself," she frowns. 

 

"Sometimes I can't even explain how did I have feelings on you. But I'm sure that I like you."

 

Even though she said that she is not sure about herself, her indirect permission for me to continue hugging her shows that she doesn't realize her deep down feelings yet. And I'm going to make it surface. 

 

"But being unsure about this will only make you suffer. It's unfair to you," she pouts, still feeling confused. 

 

"When I'm with you, I already know that my life is treated fairly," I give her a soft smile. 

 

"But-"

 

"Shh, stop talking about this. I know. Time will prove everything, right?" I put a finger on her lips, preventing her from talking. 

 

"But just let me hold you like this for a moment. I'm afraid that I can't do this anymore in the future," I bring her closer and hug her like no tomorrow. 

 

She doesn't say anything but her hands creep around my neck. Maybe she is feeling that I'm a bit stressed, her hands move to the back of my neck and massage it. 

 

My eyes close at the sensation and my hands unconsciously wrap themselves tighter around her waist. Within this close proximity, her scent and presence is the only thing on my mind. 

 

We finally break apart after what it seems like decades. The absence of her warmth makes me pout and yearn for more. So I decide to bring my mouth closer to her forehead and leave a kiss there. 

 

She doesn't push me away nor protest. I stay like this for a few seconds and pull away reluctantly after that. My heart feels lighter after I have said what has been concealed in it for so long. 

 

"You are beautiful, Fany-ah. And I hope that I will be your only one to say that," I her cheek which seems to redden with my touch. 

 

"I should be going now. Goodnight, Fany-ah," I smile before releasing her and turning my back to her. 

 

"Tae," I turn around at the voice and look at her. 

 

"Be careful."

 

I nod. Feeling satisfied that I had done what I wished, I turn around and leave. While waiting for the lift, my thoughts bring me back to the things that happened today. 

 

I smile. Without it, I might not be brave enough to confess. And I might not have a new purpose every morning when I open my eyes. 

 

 

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"Hmm...waiting for you?" I ask her back, tilting my head to see the usual gorgeous lady who is now standing beside my top less BMW. 

 

"Waiting for me? But today is Saturday and I don't remember that you need to fetch me on weekends," Tiffany tilts her head to the side as well, but in confusion. 

 

I chuckle, remembering how I made the sudden decision while rolling in the bed last night. The confession left me both restless and reckless. It's like a ball strikes onto a fragile window, making it shatter into pieces. Just like my mind, the intimate interactions that night had undeniably strikes my mind into pieces,  unable to think properly. 

 

"As I said, time will prove everything. And I'm going to make you fall for me," I say confidently, not caring how embarrassing that sentence is. 

 

"I know but what are you doing here? We didn't even promise to meet today,"

 

"Well, I'm planning to go out with you as a start of my efforts. If you don't mind, I will call it a date," I grin sheepishly. Oh please, it's obviously a date. 

 

"You want to go out with me? But I need to go somewhere and do some things right now. Maybe we can postpone the date?" her casual outfits show that she is planning to go out on herself. 

 

No wonder when I fished out my phone and started to find her contact number, she was already standing beside my car before I could even tell her about the date. Luckily I'm here before she is gone. 

 

Disappointment seeps through my conscience and failure makes my heart weigh heavily. The notion of not going out with her as planned causes me to sigh in defeat. However, an idea comes through just as fast as how the disappointment leaves. 

 

"Ah...I know what to do. I can follow you wherever you go since I'm free today," a wide smile is sketched on my face. 

 

"You follow me? I'm afraid that you will be bored for what I'm about to do later."

 

"Do you seriously think that I will become bored when I'm around you?" I and her cheeks redden upon my bluntness. 

 

"Just treat me as your driver, ok? Don't worry I won't complain about a single thing," I wiggle my eyebrows at her. 

 

"Ok, if you really want to," she sighs in defeat and opens the car door to slip inside the car.

 

"So...where to go, my beloved master?" I ask her jokingly. 

 

"I need to go to the market and buy some groceries. You know, the groceries are running out and I only have time today," she giggles. 

 

"Oh...you should tell me earlier. There is a nearby market that I always go to. Do you want to go there?" 

 

"You go to market? Wow, you are full of surprises," her voice raises a notch. 

 

"Why? Because I don't look like it? For your information, I often cook for me and Sunny. Although I'm alone most of the time," I pout, thinking of the empty house whenever I go back. 

 

"You know how to cook? Aww...I want to cook too but I don't know how to," she whines. 

 

While we are talking, I already start the engine and drive towards the market nearby. When she told me that she doesn't know how to cook, my heart is lifted up. Haha, I can teach you! 

 

"Erhem...I can teach you if you want," after I cleared my throat, the next sentence comes out as mumbling and my gaze can only stay at the road ahead. 

 

"What did you say?" she leans closer to me. Her scent suddenly fills up my nose and my mind goes blank. 

 

"I-I said that I ca-can teach you how to cook," I resist myself from stammering. 

 

"Oh really? I would like to but where and when?" she chuckles. 

 

"Hmm...What about tonight at your place? Since I want to make a visit to your place as well." 

 

"Okay, then we should buy some ingredients for the cooking lesson. By the way, what are we cooking tonight?" I can feel her stare even though mine is on the road ahead. 

 

"Hmm...what do you like to eat?" I return her gaze and notice she quickly tear her stare away from me as soon as I turn my head. 

 

"Let me think. Ah, what about kimchi fried rice? No, bulgogi is better. Eh, bibimbap is nice too..." she continues to mumble without stopping and it makes me chuckle. 

 

"I never knew that the beautiful girl beside me loves food that much," I giggle, earning a fit of slaps from her. 

 

"Food is love. Food is life. It's just that you don't know how to appreciate it," she scoffs. 

 

"It's ok. I still like you even though you might be fat in an instant," although I don't look at her, her silence tells me that she is blushing. 

 

"Alright, we have arrived. Let's get off the car," I announce and break the silence in the car. 

 

After I parked my car at the side, we walk side by side to the entrance of the market. The market has sufficient space and also sells many type of the groceries. That's the reason why many customers including me like to visit here. 

 

"Let's go see what do you need for your groceries first then we will choose the ingredients for tonight okay?" I ask her when we enter the market. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter