First Step

Company
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"H-hey, Ti-tippany," 

 

"Taeyeon? What are you doing here?" Tiffany asks in confusion, staring at me with those big and pretty eyes. 

 

"Oh, no-nothing. I wanted to take a stroll and just happened to pass by here," I swing my hands back and forth, doing some kind of weird exercise. 

 

Aish...just say that you want to apologize... I mentally facepalm myself. 

 

"Haha, why did you take a stroll at the building of my apartment?" she laughs, feeling ridiculed by my statement. 

 

"Hmm...you seemed like you wanted to go somewhere," I avoid her question as I don't want to make her suspect. Since she is wearing pajamas and a sweater, it's weird to see her opening the door when I didn't even ring the bell. 

 

"I just wanted to go out to the park nearby and take a stroll too. Since I have sleeping problems tonight," she says softly, not looking at me in the eyes. 

 

"It's such a coincidence. Can I join? And it's quite dangerous for a lady to walk alone," I convince her to let me accompany her. Although I have the urge to ask her why she can't sleep, I suppress it as I don't want to create more misunderstanding. 

 

"Don't forget that you are a lady yourself too," she giggles. 

 

I laugh awkwardly and rub the back of my neck, realizing what I have said. However, her giggles tell me that everything should be alright in time. 

 

 

 

We walk side by side in silence. The surrounding is brightened up by the road lights even though the sky is dark. There is less people walking around compared to when the sun was still shining brightly. 

 

I look up and see the randomly arranged stars on the sky. Although I'm looking at the stars, the only thing on my mind is the woman beside me. 

 

It seems like she decides to stay silent after what had happened in the office. Okay, I admit that I might have overreacted but I can't help to feel angry when she's just basically ignoring me during my reading of her schedule. 

 

I also couldn't help to feel disappointed that she was thinking about other things rather than focusing on me. My eyes widen when I think about this. What has happened to me? Why do I care so much about how she treats me? 

 

Shrugging off my puzzled thoughts, I decide to confront Taeyeon about it. I don't want to act like nothing happens because it did. Or else I will have a sleepless night. 

 

"Tiffany, I'm sorry for the earlier misunderstanding," she apologizes, cutting me off and not letting me have a chance to start first. 

 

"Wh-what?" I'm stunned as I thought that she is going to stay silent and ignorant until the problem fades away by itself. 

 

"I was saying that I'm sorry about making you angry," she looks up at me and gazes into my soul. 

 

"So you know that it was your fault? That's better to me," I mutter.

 

"Huh?" she leans closer, trying to hear what I'm saying. 

 

"It's okay. I'm just your secretary and you have the authority to ignore every single sentence that I have said," I walk to the bench in front of us and sit on it with a huff. 

 

"No, I didn't mean that. Tiffany, can you just listen to me?" she follows up quickly and sits beside me. 

 

I stay silent and wait for her to speak up. 

 

"Yes, you are my secretary. But our relationship transcends beyond the relationship between a boss and a secretary. I didn't mean to ignore you, just something came up in my mind a-and I couldn't push it away immediately. Of course, you are my friend," she mumbles at the last sentence. 

 

After she has finished, she sighs almost inaudibly but I can hear it. She looks down at her lap, just like a lost puppy. I don't know why but after hearing her sincere explanation, the anger is instantly flushed away. Maybe I wasn't even angry at her. How could I? 

 

"Tae...Honestly I was really mad at you for not listening to me. Now after hearing your explanation, I feel sorry too. Maybe I was just too sensitive. And I'm glad to hear that I'm your friend," I clasp my hands to hers and smile at her when she looks up. 

 

"Wh-what did you ca-call me ju-just now?" she stammers and I can feel quivering beneath my hands. 

 

"Tae?" I tilt my head, thinking what's wrong to call her short name instead of the long one. 

 

"Ah, nothing. It was nothing and I'm totally fine," she gulps and nods her head, more like assuring herself than assuring me. 

 

She is acting weird around me and I can't get my finger on it. She doesn't seem to be like this when she's with other people like the colleagues. Nevertheless, I shrug it off, thinking that she might be tired. 

 

"Th-then can I ca-call you Fany-ah?" she asks with a small voice, startling me with the sudden question. 

 

"How did you know about that name?" I ask with amusement. 

 

"Hee, I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I heard Jessica occasionally called you that though she calls you Tiffany most of the time," she let out an awkward laugh. 

 

"Yeah, she is one of the closest friends of mine. That's why she knows," I look at Taeyeon closely with concern. 

 

"Oh, then am I your friend as well?" a twisted smile is formed on her face. 

 

She's been really weird tonight. Nothing can explain the way she is acting right now. 

 

"Of course, Tae. Ever since from the first day I met you," I give a firm squeeze on her hands. 

 

"So I assume that you allow me to call you that in the future. Fany-ah," she grins widely, showing her white teeth to me. 

 

I chuckle and let my gaze linger on her longer. She looks happy and I can't help but to feel happy as well. And with that, our relationship seems to be taking on a higher level for now. 

 

 

 

After a long walk in the park, we walk back to Tiffany's apartment together. Whoops, it should be Fany right now. I grin like an idiot and cringe when I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter