The rescue

The weird fan

Hearing the tremble in your voice Junjin's suddenly fully awake "Ra Young, what's wrong? Why do you sound upset?". 
Automatically you try to deny "Nothing...why...why must something be wrong?", but now you notice your shaking voice yourself as well and know how impossible it will be to try and hide it. "Oh come on!" Junjin says a bit angry "I can obviously hear from your voice something is wrong! What is it? Are you hurt, are you sad?". "I'm not hurt." you quickly answer "I'm fine. It's just ....just that.... i'm sort of lost...", "Sort of lost?" Junjin still sounds angry "How can you be 'sort of lost', where are you?". This is not going the way you planned it to, he isn't supposed to get angry or worried, you just wanted to talk to him and let him know. "I'm in the forest. But it's ok, i just walked to far and didn't notice the sun already started to set." you're trying to change the mood of the conversation with all your might, but it's difficult "STILL IN THE FOREST???" he yells.
Junjin knows you're trying not to make him worried, but he also knows you well enough now that when your voice is shaking like this you're really upset. "Tell me where you are! I'm coming to get you!" he says. You give a small hopeless laugh at that "hmm yeah, haha, that's kind of the problem...not quite sure of where i am, except for at the edge of the denser part of the forest next to a tree stump.", you hear Junjin grumble on the other side of the phone. And then the thing you've been dreading happens, the phone beeps indicating it's about to turn off because the battery is empty. You start to talk quickly but clearly and without shaking voice to your surprise, "Junjin listen, it's alright, but right now my phone is about to shut down because the battery is almost empty.", "WHAT?..." he exclaims, but you cut him off "LISTEN, I'll sleep here, it's not to cold outside now. Tomorrow morning I'll be able to find my way back, don't worry, I'll be fine, ok?", "Ok?" he says baffled "No, it's not ok! How can you even ask that?! You just ....you...i'll come and find you!". You smile at how sweet he is "Thank you...but you can't, the forest is to big. Promise me you won't try to find me, i don't want you to get lost as well, or hurt. I'm alright!". At that moment the phone gives his final alarm before turning off, quickly you say "I love you! See you tomorrow." the phone has turned of, you're hoping he heard your last message. You wonder if it was a good idea to call him, now you're thinking it maybe would've been better to not call him and just deal with his anger afterwards.
The silence of nighttime in the forest suddenly engulfs you after the loud conversation with Junjin, and maybe also the knowledge that you don't have the option to call or be called anymore makes the silence even thicker.

The last thing he hears is "I love you!.." after that the tone of the broken connection sends shudder down his spine, he almost trows his phone against the wall out of frustration. But just before he's going to give his phone a flying lesson he realizes that even though he can't call Ra Young, that phone is one of the most important things he has right now if he wants to try and find her. He also figures he can't think strait right now, so he calls the first person who comes to mind who probably can think strait in a situation like this. Even before the person on the other side can say anything he immediately starts talking "Hyung! Please, you need to help! You're the first person i could think of, please! She says she's fine and that i should just stay at home and wait 'till tomorrow, but i can't! I can't just leave her there, we need to go find her...but i can't even call her because her phone is empty...". "Wooaahh, Junjin! Take a breath and calm down first. What are you talking about? And start at the beginning!" Dongwan says, and he hears Junjin actually take a deep breath. 
Then Junjin tries again "Ra Young, she's lost. She went for a hike early this evening in the forest in front of the officetel, and just now she called me saying that she's 'kind of lost'." he says the last three words dripping with sarcasm, "Kind of lost?" Dongwan repeats questioningly, signing Junjin says "yeah...her words...". "Ok...?!" Dongwan says sounding slightly surprised, then more confidently "ok, so, she also said you to stay at home until tomorrow morning? ...meaning she'll stay out there for the night?". Junjin nods his head "Yes, she said she'll be able to find her way back in the morning and that she'll just sleep there for tonight. She didn't want me to try and find her...But i can't do that!", "Ofcourse not, we can't let her stay out there somewhere." Dongwan agrees "Here is what we'll do; you'll call Hyesung and Eric, i'll call Minwoo and Andy and we'll all gather at your place. From there we'll find a way to search for her alright?". Junjin lets out a deep breath, he feels relieved now that he knows Dongwan is helping him, and the other members will be there soon as well. Then Dongwan adds "Don't call the police just yet. They won't start a search yet anyway, only after 24 hours. We will only have the chance that the media gets involved because of it.".
Not even 45 minutes later the whole gang is assembled in Junjin's apartment, Minwoo was having a drink with some other people and ended up bringing 2 other guys who weren't drunk yet either and willing to help search for Ra Young. Dongwan takes out a map and they quickly decide how and where to search. They go in groups of two people each and each group will keep in touch with the other groups true a chat they set up on the phones, each of them will start the search at a different entrance of the park. After deciding the groups, -Eric with Minwoo, Dongwan with Andy, Junjin with Hyesung and Minwoo's two friends together-, they quickly set out only knowing they don't have to search in the dense forest, but nothing else.

You huddle against the tree stump pulling your legs up to your chest to try and keep warm, you don't have a clue of what's going on, you can only hope that Junjin will quickly realize that searching for you is indeed not a good idea, or that maybe he'll call one of the members and that they will stop him from doing anything stupid.
You close your eyes and try to sleep, if you could only fall asleep the night will be over before you know it, but you also know that that probably won't happen. You tried to sleep in the cold before, in a tent on festivals at night it sometimes gets really cold as well, the problem is that when it's really cold you can hardly sleep ...making things only so much worse. And then to think that on those festivals you're normally pretty drunk, making you notice less of the cold and fall asleep easier, now you don't even have that.
After a long time you're finally drifting somewhere between being awake and asleep, you don't notice you're slowly getting hypothermia and your mind is getting clouded. At one point you thought you heard someone calling, but before you wake up entirely you already decided that it probably was in your half waking dream and that it will only be a waste of effort to wake up fully. The voices seem to get closer, you're hoping that it means you're being pulled farther into the dream and will finally fall asleep properly now. Your mind is indeed slowly drifting off from reality and slowly you're being pulled into the darkness of being unconscious, not noticing the two guys holding a flashlight walking towards you.
Still floating around in the darkness you hear your name being called, 'annoying, just let me sleep' you think to yourself and try to drift away further, it seems to work because the voices stop. After what seems an eternity but also way to soon you hear more voices, they sound miles away to your almost unconscious mind, 'it's definitely not morning yet, i'm almost falling asleep properly...just let me sleep' you think. But this time there is one voice who doesn't leave you alone, he keeps calling your name, pulling you slowly back to the surface of consciousness, you try to fight it because you only want to sleep more. You feel a touch on your shoulder, someone is pulling you, trying to wake you up while calling your name. You notice the voice does sound familiar true the fuzziness in your brain, then a though forms itself in your mind 'Junjin? No he couldn't, he shouldn't!'. Softly, not daring to be hopeful and still being only half conscious, you whisper his name "Junjin?".
Suddenly you're being pulled in a tight embrace, it feels like you're almost being crushed, now you hear the voice, his voice clearly "Ra Young,... yes, it's me. It's going to be alright, i'm here.". Carefully you open your eyes a bit, it's still dark and cold and you start to shiver again, but you're looking up at Junjin's face, you can hardly believe your eyes. You feel his strong arms around you and his warm breath on your face, his eyes are looking strait into yours, you feel tears starting to roll down your cheeks.
His hand comes up and brushes your cheek to dry away the wet tears, then he softly speaks again "Don't cry...it's alright now, I'll take you home.", you suddenly break down and start to cry out of relieve. You burry your face against his chest while sobbing and feel his arms wrap even tighter around you, somewhere at the back of your brain you wonder why you still can't stop shivering even though you're huddled close to Junjin's body.
After staying like that for a few minutes you hear another familiar voice, "Let's go back, she needs to quickly get inside to get warm again." Hyesung says, it's only then that you notice him and two unfamiliar guys standing there. Embarrassed you try to push yourself away from Junjin's hug, but you have so little strength left that he hardly even notices, worried he looks at you "What's wrong?" he asks. Stubbornly you try to get up while saying "I'm ok now, let's go.", but when you're halfway trying to stand up your legs give out and you fall right into Junjin's arms again. "Woohh easy now." he says surprised "you must've used to much energy. It's alright, I'll carry you. You're to weak right now.". While you're trying to utter a bunch of protests Junjin lifts you up in his arms, without thinking you quickly grab the front of his sweater, feeling really uneasy you start to beg him to let you go "It's ok, i can walk, just put me down...i can walk...please.". He looks at you like he's seeing the heavens burn "Seriously?" he asks full of disbelieve " You really think you can walk? You can't even stand up...how are you planning on walking?! And stop wiggling, you're wasting both of our energy's doing that, and i'm not going to let you go whatever you do anyway." he says trying to sound serious, but you see a happy glint in his eyes.