Farewell (end)

The weird fan

While laying in Junjin's arms for the last time you feel tears starting to sting in your eyes. You hide your face against his chest hoping he won't notice. The moment you have to leave is suddenly really close, only one day left...atleast as far as Junjin is concerned, you didn't tell him you have to leave for the airport this evening. It'll be easier like that, having to say goodbye will only make it harder on both of you.
You feel Junjin move slightly in your arms that are around his waist, he puts his hands on your shoulder and tries to push you away softly, but you don't want to and clamp on to him tightly. He gives up and instead he asks "Ra Young-ah, what's wrong?", you shake your head against him while softly answering "Nothing". "Ra young-ah...i know you're crying..." he softly whispers while wrapping his arms around you.
You shake your head again "No...nevermind...", he sighs and gives a peck on the top of your head, you feel guilty for not telling him you'll be leaving sooner than he thinks and softly whisper "I'm sorry....i'm so sorry..." while tears roll down your face. "Why?" he asks, again you whisper "I'm sorry...please just let me stay like this a little bit longer..". His arms around you tighten a little bit and he puts his cheek against your hair "Ofcourse...as long as you want." he answers, not understanding why you're suddenly so sad.

A couple of days ago Junjin had told you that he had an appointment that evening that he couldn't cancel or reschedule, it couldn't be easier to leave, that's also when you decided not to tell him you had to go to the airport in the evening instead of the next morning.
When he leaves the apartment to go to the appointment he turns towards you and gives you a quick peck on your lips "You sure you'll be alright staying here alone for a few hours?" he asks, you nod your head trying not to speak because you don't trust your voice. "I can ask the guys to come and keep you company..." he the offers, "No, no need! I'll be fine alone for a bit..." you quickly say while waving your hands in front of you to make sure he will understand he doesn't need to. "Alright...but don't go to the park again!" he worriedly says, he still can't let go of that incident when you got lost in the middle of the night. You give a faint smile "I won't go to the park, i promise.", he looks at you giving you a stern look and leans in to give another peck, this time on your forehead "Good, I'll see you in a bit then.", "Goodbye" you answer instead, unable to lie to him, your voice falters at the end but he doesn't seem to notice and walks out of the door, giving a last wave before closing it behind himself.

Tears start to fill up your eyes and you start to cry again, you squat down and wrap your arms around your legs while burying your face against your knees and you just let it all out. After having cried hard for ten minutes you make yourself stop and get up, it's time to leave, 'When you get back home you have plenty of time to cry your heart out.' you tell yourself.
A few days ago you already wrote a farewell letter, knowing you would be to sad now to write down the things you really wanted and needed to say. You put the letter in the bedroom on his pillow and whisper one last time "I'm sorry.". 
Quickly you start packing your stuff in your suitcase, luckily it isn't much and it's already gathered together for the most part.
You leave the apartment without looking back and while trying not to think about what you're doing right now, you take a cab to the hotel where the rest of the tour group is staying. When you arrive the bus for the airport is already there and they're already loading their baggage into the baggage compartment. Once the tour guide spots you she comments "I was afraid you wouldn't show up after all...", you look at her sadly while only saying "yeah". She looks inquisitive at you while asking "Where's your...boyfriend, isn't he coming to send you off?", you shake your head "No, he had an important meeting." you answer shortly. You walk past her to put your baggage on the bus, not feeling like talking at all, luckily she understands and decides it's best to leave you be.
During the long drive to the airport you silently stare out of the window, watching the city and later the countryside go by. You knew you would be sad to leave even before you came to South-Korea, but this is much worse than expected obviously. You're still trying not to think about the fact that you're leaving Junjin behind, the only guy you ever really loved. You're afraid that if think about it to much you'll chance your mind and go back to him. But you can't...you have to go home now...you have your job, your dog and cat and your mother there. Everything you have is on the other side of the world, it was only a vacation love.
And it's not like you could stay together for a long time anyway, it is better like this, it will hurt him less.

The moment Junjin walks into the apartment he knows something is wrong, it's too quiet. If Ra Young would be there she would have music playing or she would be watching television, but there is no sound at all. He calls her, despite knowing he won't get an answer. Suddenly he feels really uneasy, a bad feeling creeps up his spine. He looks around the apartment, 'if she would've gone somewhere she would have left a note...wouldn't she?' he muses, but he can't find anything while looking around the living room and kitchen. 
Quickly he takes his phone out of his pocket to call her, after ringing a few times he gets redirected to the voicemail, he tries again, but this time immediately gets the message that the phone he is trying to reach is turned of. The bad feeling gets worse and he's getting really scared. Suddenly a thought struck him and he quickly walks into the bedroom and pulls open the closet she is using...it's empty. He curses and then exclaims loudly "Oh no you don't! You won't be leaving without saying goodbye!", he resolutely walks out of the apartment while grabbing his car keys.
He quickly arrives at the hotel where he knows the tour group she belongs to is staying, just before he gets out of his car he remembers to put on his cap and mask so people won't easily recognize him, although Ra Young explained to him it doesn't really help much.
He walks up to the reception desk and asks where he can find the group, the girl behind the reception blinks a few times and then says a bit surprised "Well...uhm.. they left for the airport, sir.", "LEFT?" he exclaims angrily "How long ago?", the girl startles "I think it's been about 2 hours ago." she answers in a tiny voice.
Before she's hardly finished speaking Junjin is already running towards his car. As fast as he can he drives to the airport, only barely able to remember to be at least a little bit careful. 'Why would she leave like that?!' he wonders 'why won't she let me say goodbye...why would she lie and say she'll see me later...?'. Then it dawns on him that she didn't lie, she had said "goodbye" instead of "see you later", she did seem sad he suddenly remembers, now he also understands why she wanted to stay in his arms longer this morning and why she was crying. He curses for the umpteenth time "Stupid girl, trying to leave without saying goodbye. Just you wait, you won't get away with this!". He pushes the gas peddle a little further than he actually should, but he doesn't care, as long as he will be able to get to the airport in time.

You look at your watch, it's so annoying that you have to be at the airport hours before the plane actually leaves. Now that you're here it seems to take forever before it's time to leave, and you just want to get it over with, you're starting to feel uneasy and antsy. You're sitting on the terrace of one of the many coffee corners at the airport together with the rest of the tour group. But while they're chatting happily about the fun time they had and about being able to sleep in their own beds again, you're staring silently at the people walking by. They all noticed that you're being gloomy and they all understand why, no one dares to say anything about it, and that's a good thing because you really do not want to talk about it.
While silently taking in all the different facial expressions of the people at the airport and sipping your tea, you're eyes suddenly grow big and you choke on the tea you just wanted to swallow. While ignoring your traveling companions who're asking if you're alright you blink a few times to make sure your eyes aren't deceiving you, but it's true, it's definitely Junjin you're seeing on the other side of the plaza. Because he's taller than most people here he stands out and it's fairly easy to spot him when you're looking at people in general, he's searching the crowd and calling out your name.
'How did he figure it out so quickly?' you desperately think to yourself, you try to make yourself smaller and hide behind your tea cup. The woman next to you touches your shoulder "Are you alright?" she asks worriedly. You look at her still wearing your shocked expression and nod enthusiastically while only able to make a "hmm" sound, at that moment you hear Junjin suddenly pretty close by calling "Ra Young!" again. Your travel companions look up, and the woman next to you elbows you while loudly exclaiming "Is that your boyfriend?". Her loud voice gains allot of attention, and Junjin is amongst the many people looking in the direction of your group, you see his eyes fixing on you. First he seems relieved but that only lasts for 2 seconds, even though he's wearing his cap and mask you can see his gaze turning dark quickly and he walks towards you fast, looking like a storm about to be unleashed. 
The moment he's upon your table he turns his head towards the person closest to him and growls at her "How long until your plane leaves?", the poor woman almost gets a heart attack and stutters "A..a..another 1,5 h..h..h..hours.". "Good" he snaps and then he finally turns to you "You! You come with me, NOW!" he hollers while grabbing your wrist and pulling you from your seat, making you stumble and fall to your knees. He startles at that and you see the shock at his own actions in his eyes, but he doesn't utter a word and only roughly helps you up and pulls you along with him. While following after him you see people staring at the two of you, you can't help but to think that it's lucky it all happened so quickly that people didn't get the chance to snap pictures of it, it's bad enough as it is already.
Junjin keeps walking in a quick pace while pulling you along behind him, carefully you try to get his attention "Junjin?" you softly say, no reaction. When you're about to try again he suddenly turns a corner and walks up towards two security guys while pulling his mask down so they can see his face. "Are there any VIP rooms available? I didn't get the chance to make a reservation." he asks in a steady tone. One of the security guys nods "They're all available, and no one is expected for the next couple of hours." he answers and then steps aside to let the two of you true. While walking past them Junjin quickly mumbles a "Thank you." and walks up the stairs to enter the first door he sees, once inside he turns the lock on the door.
Then he finally turns to you, you feel his grasp on your wrist tighten and he glares at you while grumbling a short "Explain yourself!". 
You swallow to try and get rid of the lump in your throat, you saw this question coming and had already been thinking of what to say while he was dragging you here. Trying to sound calm and confident you say "I thought it would be easier like that.", somehow you manage to look at his eyes and see his expression suddenly soften. "Why?" he asks, you dare to relax a bit now the worst of his anger has apparently gone. Staring at the floor you answer "Well, I'm not good at saying goodbye..." the lump in your throat returns when you add "..and i wasn't sure if i would be able to leave if i had to.". Suddenly he pulls your wrist again, but now it's soft and gentle, he pulls you against himself and wraps his arms around your shoulders, "You scared me, disappearing like that." he mumbles "Don't you ever dare to do that again!" he softly but resolutely adds.
"Remember that i once said to you that no matter how far apart we will be, we will find a way?" he suddenly says, and without waiting for your answer he continues "I meant those words then, and i still mean them now". He takes a deep breath "We will do real video call every day so we can see each other, and I'll send you at least 10 message during the rest of the day so you won't miss me too much." he says with a chuckle repeating almost the same things you had agreed upon while watching the sunset, "And whenever i get the chance I'll come and see you for real so i can hold you in my arms like this.". You nod against his shoulder, "Yes, we will do that." you say confidently.
He puts his hands on your shoulders and pushes you away a bit so he can look you in the eyes, "I want to be with you until we're 80 years old at least, and if possible even longer.". You give him a smile while you feel the painful sadness deep in your heart "If only that could come true...I would be really happy.". He smiles back at you "Then lets's try, and see how far we will come." he says, and then he leans towards you and presses his lips against yours. You feel the lump in your throat grow while he presses his lips against yours, you put your arms around his neck while trying to forget everything except for the sweet kiss.

The two of you huddle together on the comfortable couch in the VIP room, trying to stay as close as possible until the inevitable moment of having to leave arrives. He's softly whispering sweet words in your ear, making you blush fiercely at some of them and other times making you laugh.
Trying to sound like he's scolding you he says "If you ever leave me again I will follow you to the end of the earth and beyond to drag you back!". You startle at his words and finally aren't able to hold back the sadness trying to overcome you all this time, you break down crying and hide your face in your hands while saying "Don't!". "What? Why?" Junjin asks surprised by your unexpected reaction, sniffling you say "Just don't.". He doesn't quite understand, but decides to leave it at that while softly your back. When you have calmed down again after a while he says "You are a weird girl, you know?!", you nod.

----END----

 

First of all; thank you for reading, i hope you enjoyed it!!! ​I can't believe i actually finished it...kinda.. ;)
(What did you think of fierce/angry Junjin in this last bit? ;D )

This was my first fanfiction i ever started to write, and the first chaptered fanfic that i finished (i wrote two oneshots in the meantime).
It kind of feels like my baby, and i had allot of fun while writing this and I also learned allot.
I would love to hear your thoughts on it, the good as well as the bad. Please let me know if there are things to improve so i can keep learning and hopefully get better in the future.
Talking about the future; there is a very VERY high chance that this story will get a sequel ;) (it's already in my head), but i don't know when yet, it could be months! I at least want to finish/write the other fanfics i started first. But when I'll start to write the sequel I'll add a chapter here to inform you of it. So if you are subscribed to this story you'll get notified automatically.

A special thanks to AlecaMao who encouraged me to keep writing and make regular updates to this story,
without her it might have taken a much longer time before i finally got this far. :D Again, thank you for loving this story so much AlecaMao!