[WonHyuk] - Found

Monsta X - Drabbles & Short Stories

A/N: [Requested]

Kinda inspired by two things: 1, we have a cat outside that looks like the one in this story and we call her Meanie and 2, when my friend was house sitting for her teacher, a giant orange cat is known to sneak into people's houses who have a doggy door, so yeah~


[3rd Person POV]

11:58 pm. A loud crash echoed through the house. Minhyuk flinched as he turned to face where the sound came from. He's seen scary movies and he knows what happens to the curious, but what could he say, he was curious. He grabbed the first thing he could get his hands on, a pillow, and got up to enter the kitchen. He gradually progressed until he heard another crash. Minhyuk expertly slid into the kitchen, and without thought, he threw the pillow in whatever direction he was facing. Once he closed his eyes out of fear, he heard what sounded like a cat hiss and then meow. Slowly, he opened his eyes only to be met with a mess and a furry creature on his counter. There was a black and white cat perched on his counter and it looked pissed off.

"Sorry kitty!" Minhyuk smiled shyly. There was a moment of silence, which was then broken by the cat getting up and walking further up his counter. "Oh no! Not that way!" He walked forward and reached for the cat, petting it softly to distract it. The cat purred softly and sat still, allowing Minhyuk to gain control of the situation. 

"You're so cute. Do you have a name?" He said as he looked on the collar to see if there was a name. "Meanie? Why is that your name?" Upon further inspection, Minhyuk finally put two-and-two together. On the cat's face, it had two white patches that resembled a mustache, making the cat seem almost as if it was mad. "That's real clever." Minhyuk chuckled slightly, smiling at the cat's owner's choice of a name.

12:02 AM. Minhyuk's petting session was interrupted by someone frantically knocking on his door. The cat flinched and crouched a little closer to the counter. Minhyuk did the same, but hid behind the cat like it was gonnna protect him. The cat jumped down and took off running into a direction the led to the rest of his house. At the same time, the person knocked on his door once again. The blonde was conflicted, but he knew if someone was knocking at this hour, then something serious was happening. He walked over to the door and opened it, right after looking through the peep hole. When the guy came into his vision, the first thing he noticed was the flashlight that he was holding.

"I know it's late but please, hear me out. I lost my cat. I saw the doggy door and thought that she might've gone in here. Have you, by chance, seen her?" The man talked quickly, making Minhyuk pause to think about what the latter said.

"You said a cat?... One with a mustache?"

"Yes! So you have seen her?"

"I have, but she ran off when you knocked." Minhyuk opened his door wider, signaling for the guy to come in. He hesitated, but walked in anyway. "She's in here somewhere. I have to find her."

"I brought these with me." The guy held up a bag with cat treats in it. He shook it slightly. "Maybe they can help." Minhyuk took the bag from him and shook it almost violently.

"Meanie!" Minhyuk called out as he walked in the direction she left in. 

"So you figured out her name?"

"Yeah. I saw it on the collar. It's clever." The blonde looks back at his neighbor, only to be met with the man smiling happily. He felt a small shock in his chest once he saw it. The heat rose up to his cheeks, prompting him to look away quickly so his neighbor wouldn't see it. Minhyuk shook the bag again. "Meanie!" He shook it once more before seeing something make a mad dash to another room. Minhyuk panicked and throw the bag behind him, allowing his neighbor to catch it, while he zipped off to go catch the cat. 

He emerged a minute later, holding the cat close to his chest as if it was a child. 

"I caught her!" Minhyuk smiled widely. 

"Oh my god! Meanie!" The brunette reached out to take the cat from Minhyuk. "Thank you. Really." He petted the cat a few times, earning a soft meow from her.

"What's your name?"

"Wonho. Yours?"

"Minhyuk."

"I didn't think I'd meet you this way, especially not this late."

"Same here. She's a cute cat and you're pretty handsome, so I don't completely mind the time..." Minhyuk mumbled the second sentence, secretly hoping Wonho didn't hear him.

"Thanks." Wonho winked at the latter, making him blush at the realization of being heard. "So..."

"So?"

"How do you want me to repay you?"

"Repay me?"

"You caught my cat. I probably would've died if I couldn't find her, therefore, I have to give you something return." He continued to pet the cat, who nudged her face against Wonho's chin every so often.

"Food... I guess. Yeah, that'd be fine." Minhyuk scratched the back of his neck, not sure how this whole 'repaying' situation is suppose to work. Whenever he did things for others, they never offered anything in return, so he was kinda skeptical on the act. 

"Cool. I'll take you out to eat. It's a date." Minhyuk felt his heart skip a beat after hearing the word 'date'. "Uh oh, she's getting grumpy. I guess I need to go take her home now." Wonho turned and headed for the door. Minhyuk followed suit. "Thanks again. I'll come over with details on where I'll take you at a better time." The blonde nodded.

"Sure. Sure."

"Okay! Good night, Minhyuk." Wonho opened the door and walked out. The latter stood in the doorway and stared at Wonho's figure walking away. 

"Night!" He finally able to muster up a word, but that quickly came crushing down once Wonho looked back and smiled. Quickly, Minhyuk waved once and zipped back into his house, not wanting Wonho to see his flustered state.

"I just met him.... What is wrong with me?..." Minhyuk shook his head and decided not to dwell on it. 

However, to no avail, he spent all night thinking about his neighbor.

~3/17/16~