[KiHeon] - Corruption

Monsta X - Drabbles & Short Stories

A/N: [Requested]

For some reason, it was hard for me to pick a good prompt for this. I ended up finding one here, it's the last one. I would link the person, but I wish it was a direct link to their tumblr post instead of just their general home page. P.S; I've read this numerous times, so if you see a mistake, please ignore it xD


[3rd Person POV]

"Kihyun? Ki-hic-hyun? I know you're there. I know-hic that you clicked the button." Jooheon slurred his words. He was ed up. He agreed to too many drinks. He didn't care; he liked partying. It was a bad habit, but he was full of bad habits. Bad habits and bad luck. Nothing good has ever happened for him, so he kinda gave up and does whatever he wants. This includes parties, drinking and occasionally smoking, but no where near as much as the first two.

"Where are you?" He heard a voice finally seep through the phone, one even his drunken mind was relieved to hear. It was his friend, Kihyun, who he has known all his life. Kihyun was literally the only good thing he has ever had. Kihyun was his angel. He always saved him and took care of him.

"Minhyuk's-hic! Laying on.... Front lawn."

"Wait for me." That was the last thing Kihyun said before hanging up. He was off to rescue Jooheon once again.

Truthfully, his actions always disgusted him a little. He's tried to help Jooheon, but the younger hasn't managed to free himself from his nasty habits. His soul was tainted and it broke Kihyun's heart to have to see Jooheon spiral out like this all the time. If this was anyone else, he would've given up hope. Him and Jooheon have been best friends since they were little. It was a tiny promise, but Kihyun made a promise to Jooheon's mom to always take care of her son. Seeing him now, it's not so tiny anymore.

He wasn't sure how his friend got to this point in his life. Kihyun made the mistake of going to a singing camp at the age of 17. When he returned, for school purposes, Jooheon was a changed man. After that, he's been blaming himself for how Jooheon turned out. Sure, he's grown, but Kihyun could've prevented all of this. That simple thought has haunted his very being. It might also be why he takes care of him so much.

--------

"Jooheon!" The younger sprung up from the ground at the sound of Kihyun's voice.

"Oh, hi!" He stumbled into his friend's car and immediately started caressing the seat. The older reached over and buckled Jooheon's seatbelt for him. He swore he felt something weird on his neck, but when he looked, Jooheon wasn't doing anything. Kihyun proceeded to drive back to his house, knowing full well that Jooheon would be falling asleep in a matter of minutes. Jooheon mumbled a 'Thank you' before dozing right off like Kihyun predicted. It happened faster than usual.

All he could hear was Jooheon's light snoring. He would take small glances at his friend. His cheeks are red from the alcohol. He wasn't very well dressed either. Seeing this, he turned his heat up to make sure he wasn't cold. Kihyun prayed that he wouldn't get sick from this.

Sighing, he the radio to a random channel, leaving the volume to a soft level as to not disturb Jooheon. Slowly, he begun to sing along with the song, not really putting in any effort. He was carrying a smooth gentle pitch, his voice similar to a lullaby.

What he failed to see was Jooheon smiling once he heard Kihyun's sweet voice.

--------

"Ugh, you're so heavy!"

"And you're y!" Jooheon giggled as he was pushed onto the bed. Kihyun grunted as his response, knowing it was the alcohol talking.

"Get some sleep." He fixed the younger into a decent position and turned to leave.

"No, don't go! I need you..." The last sentence was almost whispered out, but he stopped moving once he heard it. Jooheon grabbed Kihyun's arm and pulled a little to make sure he had his attention. "I love you. Please. Don't leave tonight." Kihyun looked back at Jooheon. His heart skipped a beat at the words. Sadly, he had to remember that Jooheon was drunk.

'A drunk mind is a sober mind.'

"Fine. I'll stay." He sits down on the edge of the bed.

"Come closer." Jooheon pulled Kihyun closer until he was basically on top of him. Now it was his turn to have a blush on his face.

"Jooheon?"

"Kihyun. You're the best thing that I have in my life. You're my shining light. I'm sorry that I put you through so much. I love you, like really love you. I always will, even if you don't love me back. You're so beautiful. You mean so much to me." He continued to mumble words, his confession, while hugging Kihyun tightly to himself. He closed his eyes. His light breathing made Kihyun think that maybe he fell asleep again. Kihyun let his eyes wonder over the younger's face. His cheeks were still red, well more like a light pink. His mouth opened a little, just like it would if he really was asleep. A small smile formed on his face. His friend is so cute when he's asleep.

"You're so bad for me, but my life revolves around you. I don't know what I'd be doing if I wasn't taking care of you. I care about you. I might even love you too. That would explain why I haven't given up on you yet. I wish you'd stop a lot of these habits, but I know it's hard for you." He patted Jooheon's hair. Kihyun then felt his face, which felt cold. He gave in and hugged him back, the younger's head resting on his chest. "I'll wait for you and stick with you." He whispered the last part, mostly to himself.

Kihyun softly smiled. He was happy to know how Jooheon felt, but he knew that the younger wouldn't remember this in the morning.

Shockingly, he was wrong.

~2/9/18~