[HyungKi] - Hold Your Hand

Monsta X - Drabbles & Short Stories

A/N: [Requested] I got this prompt from somewhere, but I can't remember where... The credit goes to the person who made it, I just wrote the story. I hope it's okay!

So yeah, I lied. I ain't complete nothing. I've been working and sleeping. I didn't write anything for anything, until 3 hours ago. This is my second update. Also, New poster! This one I made from scratch, everything if from scratch. The other one, I used a premade bg. Like it?


[3rd Person POV]

"Hyungwon?" Kihyun called out shyly. The younger ignored him and stared straight ahead. Kihyun glanced down at their joined hands and bit his lip. He looked around and counted the number of people. There was 5 others in the room besides them. "Uh..."

"Shh." Hyungwon brought a finger up to Kihyun's mouth, effectively silencing and shocking the older. Kihyun bit his lower lip and hushed.

He didn't really have a problem with what Hyungwon was doing, he was just curious as to why Hyungwon was holding his hand. Hyungwon is tall, so when he's not paying attention, he sometimes loses his friends, specifically Kihyun and their other friend, Changkyun. Hyungwon used to hold their hands whenever they go to some sort of party with numerous people. He was afraid that he would never find them again. Kihyun noticed that Hyungwon doesn't do it with Changkyun anymore, it's only with him now. It started with parties like those, but then it turned into little outings. Right now, they're off on a little outing, simply to a cafe. There wasn't many people there, mostly because it was at a dead part of the shift, somewhere around 3 pm. Hyungwon decided to drag Kihyun out, just to bother the older.

"Which one do you want?" Hyungwon turned to Kihyun and pointed at the boards behind the cashier. The older tried to think properly, but all that was crossing his mind was Hyungwon's hand in his.

"Uh, that Mocha thingy... You know what I'm talking about.."

"A frappe?"

"Yeah..." Kihyun waved his hand in the direction of the counter and looked away. "...That." He was getting a little flustered, something that Hyungwon definitely noticed. The younger tugged Kihyun up to the counter, not letting his hand go for a second. Hyungwon casually spoke to the girl behind the counter. He obviously had no knowledge that what he was doing was making Kihyun flustered. The latter tried to pull his hand away, but Hyungwon's grip tightened, mostly because he thought he was dropping something. Kihyun decided to wait it out instead. He looked over to a group of girls, who were not so secretive with the pointing and giggling. "They act like they've never seen two boys hold hands before." Kihyun whispered to himself, only bringing the problem back to light. The girls were throwing gestures around, most likely implying how short and cute Kihyun was compared to Hyungwon by the way they moved their hands up and down as if to tell height. "That's the root of my problem." He whispered once more.

"What problem?" Hyungwon spoke up from behind him. The smaller jumped slightly and looked at his friend.

"You. You don't seem to realize what the hell you are doing to me." Kihyun bit his lip. A devilish smirk appeared on what was once a blank expression. Hyungwon had leaned in close to Kihyun.

"I don't realize it? Oh Kihyun, I know exactly what I'm doing." Hyungwon pressed him lips to the older's, leaving a small kiss behind. He leaned away from Kihyun to retrieve the drinks that were placed on the counter that same moment. His hand had left Kihyun's. Kihyun accepted his drink and hurried to the door. He could hear Hyungwon chuckle from behind him. He made it outside first and stood off to the side. Hyungwon soon emerged as if he didn't do anything bad. "Kihyun."

"Don't do that stuff in public." The older's cheeks were pink from embarrassment. Hyungwon got closer, just like he did before.

"Does this mean I can do it when we're alone?" The sentence came as a shock to Kihyun.

"Uh... uh..." He his heel and walked away. He honestly didn't know what to say. He felt something slip into his free hand and looked up to see Hyungwon. The younger caught up to him with ease. Kihyun cursed and figured that he wouldn't be able to escape his friend's grasp. "Fine. When we're alone." They both had a small smile on their face after Kihyun said that.

Friend? He wasn't sure he could call Hyungwon that anymore.

~8/9/16~