[JooKyun] - No Homo (Bad Dream)

Monsta X - Drabbles & Short Stories

A/N: Huge soft spot for the Maknae Line! They're honestly one of my fav Maknae Lines out of all of kpop...


[3rd Person POV]

Jooheon stared at the screen. He had a 9 page paper due in the next two days. He was only on page 6. Of course he had time before to do it, but he decided to procrastinate too long. Now he's scrambling last minute to bust a paper outta his . Granted, he was going through it pretty quickly, but he hit a snag in his planning and now he's got writer's block. There's 4 books open on the table around him and none of them seem to be providing any kind of help. Sighing, Jooheon turned off his music, removed his earbuds and leaned back in the chair. Staring up at the ceiling, he mentally graphed out what he had before. He seriously couldn't figure out what went wrong. It was getting to be tedious.

"Hyung." He heard a voice whisper out, almost afraid to even speak. He turned and saw Changkyun standing in the door way. One arm was holding his other arm in the crook of his elbow and his head was hanging low. He looked sad. 

"Changkyun?" He stood up to walk over to the younger. He could see tears in his eyes. Instinctively, he circled his arms around the boy's shoulder's and pulled him close. "What's wrong?"

"I had a nightmare." He mumbled into Jooheon's chest. Jooheon gently rubbed the brunette's hair. They stayed like this for a minute or two until Changkyun looked up to speak. "Could you lay with me?" Jooheon smiled and nodded. 

"Go back to bed. I'll come in once I save my work." Changkyun slowly let go of the older, almost as if he never wanted to in the first place. He turned around and left to go back to their room. 

Jooheon sighed, eyeing the spot Changkyun was just standing. The younger would occasionally have nightmares. Most of the time Jooheon was already in the bed, so all the younger had to do was turn and hug him. This was the first time he wasn't there for it. He figured that might be why he looked like he cried. 

Shaking his head, he quickly saved his work, book marked his pages in each book and straightened up the table. He knew he wasn't gonna get anymore work done that night anyway, so he would simply pick up later with a rested mind. Hopefully it would help with his writer's block.

After everything was cleaned up and marked, he headed towards the bedroom. Jooheon peeked in the room only to see a lump on the bed of what was probably Changkyun in fetal position. He walked over to the bed and nudged the younger. The brunette slipped out of the covers and moved over, allowing Jooheon to settle in. Changkyun reached over and put his hand on the older's stomach while his head rested on his chest. 

They stayed like that for a good 5 minutes before either one of them said anything. It was Jooheon who spoke first, a big grin on his face. 

"No homo." He whispered in Changkyun ear. The younger opened his eyes and smacked Jooheon's stomach.

"Oh my god, you idiot. We've been dating for a 3 years, you don't get to say that." The two chuckled at each other.

"I wanted to cheer you up a little, that's why I said that." Changkyun moved his head up and kissed the bottom of the older's chin. 

"I appreciate that." Jooheon used his arm that was underneath Changkyun to pull him a closer. He rubbed circles on his shoulder, trying to soothe his boyfriend.

"So... What did you have a nightmare about?"

"You. Well, mostly you... and a giant monster, but that was a separate thing." He whispered, almost like he was ashamed to have dreamt it in the first place.

"Me? What did I do?"

"In my dream, you were out to kill me and you did. It was all gory and gross, it was scary how realistic it was. Then after, you moved on like our love meant nothing." Changkyun frowned, a small pout forming on his face. "It hurt to see you smiling at someone else like that. Then you kissed them. That's when I woke up. I went to look for you. Everything felt so real, so I got scared, thinking that you left me like that. I suddenly started crying, just couldn't really control it. Then I heard you sighing and the chair in the living room squeaked, so I went there." He felt a kiss on his forehead, which made him look up. Jooheon smiled down at him. 

"You don't have to worry about none of that, Changkyun. We're in this for the long run. We've already been together for 3 years. I'm not about to waste that time." Jooheon thought for a second before continuing. "Oh and I won't kill you. They always suspect the significant other first and I don't think I can survive in prison, assuming if I get caught."

"Wha-?" Panic struck Changkyun at the last words. He slapped Jooheon's stomach again. "Assuming if you get caught? That means you'd have the audacity to try and get away with it?"

"No, I'm too much of a wimp and plus you'd figure it out. You know me too well, nothing would get past you. There's no point in trying when you could see it coming. I'm not as clever as I was in your dream. I'd never succeed." Changkyun pushed himself up and out of Jooheon's grasp.

"Does this mean you actually thought about it to the point where you knew it wouldn't work?!" Jooheon smiled and chuckled seeing how riled up the younger got. "It's not funny!" Changkyun yelled. A smile plastered on his face as he playfully hit the older male on the chest.

", you're adorable." He tackled Changkyun back down onto the bed, initiating a play fight, mostly a small battle of strength. Jooheon ended up winning, causing Changkyun to sulk. "Really it'll never work cause I love you too much." 

"If it ever happens, I will personally haunt you for all of eternity." A short silence enveloped them, until Changkyun kissed his boyfriend's cheek and muttered his last sentence before trying to go to sleep. "I love you too."

~5/10/18~