[ShowKyun] - You Do It

Monsta X - Drabbles & Short Stories

A/N: 2 updates coming, neither are requests... sorta... orz, I decided that I should at least update this with something before the year ended.

Lol, this was me during Chemistry. I usually grouped with two of my friends. I did the experiments (i was the one willing to get dirty) while one wrote everything down and the other did the math and lit the burner for me xD I refused to light the burner


[3rd Person POV]

"Okay, for today, you'll be partnering up with your table mate. It's easier this way. There's a burner in front of each pairing, so work together when using it." 

Changkyun looked up from his book to see the burner that the teacher was talking about. There was also a tool to spark it right next to it. He put the book down and looked around. Everything looked normal until he looked beside him. One of the school's jocks was sitting next to him. He didn't even notice.

"How could I have missed this?" He mumbled to himself, glad that Hyunwoo didn't hear him. The older turned to him and spoke.

"Got here late, looks like we're partners." He grabbed the goggles, prompting Changkyun to put his on too. 

"Okay, you may begin with the experiment." While they talked, the teacher had handed out the items for the experiment. The two stared at it, both waiting for the other to do something.

"So... You're the smart one. What are we suppose to be doing?" Changkyun grabbed the items and looked at them.

"Well first we need to turn on and light the burner." Hyunwoo picked up the sparking tool and handed it to Changkyun, who refused. 

"What? You know what you're doing, so here." The younger shook his head. "Why not? Scared or something?" Changkyun slowly lowered his head. "Oh my god, you are."

"Don't judge! I just... I'm afraid of getting burned, okay?" Hyunwoo smiled. He carefully looked at the younger, noticing how cute he looked when he was glancing down like this.

"I thought you nerds had no fears." Changkyun looked up to see if Hyunwoo was being serious. The older had one eyebrow arched as he smirked slightly. Changkyun felt his face heat up little by little.

"On-On the contrary. We nerds fear a lot of things, specifically things that hurt us. Like that burner, so you light it." He nudged Hyunwoo's arm. 

"But I don't want to do any work. You do it."

"No, you do it."

"No, you."

"If you light it, I'll do the rest of it, okay?" In one smooth motion, Hyunwoo the burner and clicked the flint to light it. A small blue flame arose from it, indicating that it was working. "Really? That was your motivation?" Hyunwoo smiled and pushed the tray of items towards Changkyun. 

"A deal's a deal. You can talk me through it, but I'm not touching anything." Changkyun stared in disbelief, but hurried to get started since they only had the time in class to do this. 

"Fine. All we're doing is dropping stuff in boiling water and see how they react. Then we have two things to burn and see how that works. We have to write down our responses, so you have to do that part too." The boy explained as he set up the beaker of water over the fire. They let it get up to a boil before grabbing the first object. 

Hyunwoo stared in astonishment as he watched Changkyun just zoom through the experiment, until he finished the whole thing. Changkyun looked at Hyunwoo and realized that he didn't say anything to him about anything. 

"Crap, just copy this, I'll explain while you do it." He stuck his paper in front of the other male, who simply stared at it. "What? Do you need me to explain before?"

"No, It's just... You have really cute handwriting." Changkyun's cheeks lit up at the compliment. "Guys don't usually have nice handwriting, but yours is pretty cute." Changkyun smiled a little and looked away, down towards the table. 

Once again, Hyunwoo was shocked by how cute the boy was. As a typical jock, their two worlds never crossed until now. It actually made him sad now. The boy was interesting and more sassy than a typical nerd. He liked that. The little bickering that they did was fun to him. He wanted to see how often he could get the boy riled up like he was earlier. 

"It's not cute." Changkyun mumbled. Hyunwoo heard it anyway. 

"Sure, whatever you say." He proceeded to finally copy down what Changkyun wrote. After reading what was on the paper, he realized that he remembered seeing the stuff happen. Usually, experiments go in one ear and out the other, but he actually remembered everything that Changkyun did. Reading his work was also simple enough for Hyunwoo to follow. He had a better chance of retaining what just happened. 

"Take about 15 more minutes to finish up with your experiments." The teacher announced to the class. Hyunwoo was just finishing up with copying what Changkyun wrote. 

"Did you need me to explain?"

"Nope. I already know." Changkyun eyes widened as Hyunwoo's sudden declaration of knowledge. "What? Seeing you do it and reading your work made it easy, okay?" Changkyun chuckled. Hyunwoo was more interesting than he thought.

The two wasted time, playing with the water on the burner until class was over. Turning off the burners, they handed in their experiments and got ready to leave. Changkyun was just about to get up until Hyunwoo stopped him.

"Hey? Uh.." Hyunwoo bit his lip. He felt embarrassed for some reason. 

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering if you could be my permanent partner for this class." Changkyun thought for a bit. Hyunwoo started blabbering about how easy it was to understand thanks to Changkyun. Changkyun now felt a little obligated. Who knows, maybe this would turn into a good thing.

"Yeah, we can be lab partners. On one condition."

"Anything. Name it."

"You light the burner."

~12/28/18~