[KiHeon] - Not A Chance

Monsta X - Drabbles & Short Stories

A/N: Happy Anniversary to my babies! 3 years with MX! -- Wanted to finish that request I got, but I found this one that was already done. I switched it in.

17/16yrold - FirstKiss!AU [Inspired by that Bob's Burgers Valentine's day episode -- Bob Actually -- with Louise and Regular-Sized Rudy's first kiss.] I kinda made up a random person to use for the extra person, so It's not based on anyone.


[3rd Person POV]

"I'm gonna do it. I got the letter here and I'm gonna give it to him." Kihyun looked at his friend. Jooheon had the letter in his hand as he was glancing down at it. His friend had a soft blush on his face. It was endearing to see how he felt. 

"He seems like a nice kid." 

"You have class with him, right?" 

"Last one of the day."

"You have to tell me if he says anything." The younger sounded slightly desperate. He was always the first person the younger would meet up with after school, so Kihyun knew that not knowing was gonna kill Jooheon.

"Yeah, I'll tell you if he says anything." They smiled at each other and continued staring out at the crowd of students running around.

"Good... I hope he accepts my feelings. I even thought of giving him my first kiss. Kinda silly, huh?" Kihyun looked at his friend. He placed a hand on his shoulder and gave a reassuring squeeze. 

"It's not silly. I'm sure he'll accept you. You're a great guy. Anyone would be lucky to have you." Jooheon chuckled, his heart beat speeding up after hearing that. He wasn't sure why, so he just left it at that. 

"Let's see if he thinks the same way too."

-----------

Kihyun walked into his last class. His eyes landed on the very boy that Jooheon had affection for, Jinseok. Since they didn't have assigned seats, Kihyun sat beside him so they could talk. 

"Hey, Jinseok." Kihyun casually said as he took his seat. 

"Hey, Kihyun." The brunette greeted back, watching Kihyun take the seat. 

"So." Kihyun started. He saw the letter that Jooheon gave him sitting right in front of the brunette, unopened. "My friend gave you a letter. Have you read it yet?" He was blunt, but he knew he needed to cut to the chase before class started.

"I don't read letters." Kihyun's eyes widened. Unconsciously, he gritted his teeth; mouth closed so Jinseok didn't see him do it.

"Why not?"

"I get so many, they all say the same thing, so I don't read them." The latter now regretted sitting here. He never wanted to bash someone's face in so fast in his life. 

"But my friend really likes you.... And they're all from different people. How do you know they will all say the same thing?"

"I'm sure he does, but I have zero intention of returning anyone's feelings. They walk up to me, blushing. That's how I know what kind of letter it is. He's cute, I'll give him that. Sometimes he gives me the answers to quiz questions if I ask, but that's as far as it's gonna go." That was the last thing said before the teacher stood up and hushed the class to begin.

Kihyun couldn't focus straight. Rage filled every fiber of his being. He wanted nothing more than to choke the boy beside him and dangle him outside the window for playing with his friend's emotions. Thinking of how sad Jooheon was gonna be made his heart ache. He clutched his chest at the sudden pain. He really hated being the one to deliver bad news. Kihyun knew he needed to be the one to catch Jooheon before he went up to Jinseok first. Hearing this from him might soften the blow and save him the embarrassment of being rejected right to his face.

It took forever for class to end after that incident. The air around Kihyun and Jinseok was heavy. Of course Jinseok was oblivious to half of it as he could tell that Kihyun was mad at him, but one little unnecessary movement or word from him would've made Kihyun pounce on him. Kihyun had to fight the urge as he packed up his stuff. He turned to Jinseok and stuck his hand out. 

"Give me the letter." Jinseok gave him a curious look. 

"What?"

"If you're not gonna read it, you don't deserve his words." Hesitantly, Jinseok reaches over and grabs the letter. Kihyun snatches the letter from him and gives him a scowl. "Oh and one more thing. Don't ing use him for answers... You probably don't even realize that he's willing to get in trouble for you 'cause he likes you so much." Kihyun mumbled out the last sentence before storming out of the classroom to find his friend. 

Kihyun marches down the hall at an alarming pace. He catches a glimpse of Jooheon coming through the double doors to the building, his arm raised in a wave to his friend. An adorable smile gracing his face, revealing his dimples. Kihyun grabbed ahold of that hand and pulled the younger with him.

"Kihyun?" Jooheon questioned as he was merely pulled along. He had to skip a little to keep up with what he assumed was his friend fuming with rage.

"Dumb ... Thinks he can say like that and get away with it." Kihyun angrily grumbled as he continued to stomp away while holding onto his friend. 

"Kihyun? Wait! Who are you talking about?" Jooheon pulled back, trying to slow Kihyun down.

"Jinseok! He's a dumb !" Kihyun finally stopped walking, causing the younger to bump into him. 

"What did he say?" He bit his lip in anticipation. If Kihyun was this angry, something bad must've happened. Kihyun simply handed him the letter that he wrote. "It's unopened..?"

"Exactly! He doesn't read letters anymore. Dumb thinks he's too good for other people's feelings. He even had the audacity to say that he doesn't have any intention of returning anyone's feelings. Not yours, not the person's before you, not even the person after you.... What do y'all see in him?" Jooheon stared at the letter. His heart was slowly breaking, but not as much as he thought it would. Kihyun continued to curse Jinseok; his anger was evident as he talked with his hands waving around dramatically.

"It's okay."

"What?!" The older paused his tirade to look at his friend. He was clearly hurt. Kihyun wanted nothing more than to hug his friend close to comfort him. 

"I gave it my best shot and I'm just happy I was able to write out my feelings in the first place." Jooheon ripped up the letter and stuffed it in his pocket. Kihyun's heart dropped at the sight. "Oh well, I'll be alright." Jooheon smiled, but Kihyun knew there was bitterness just below the surface.

"Are you really giving up like that? Why don't you want to try to win him over? What about when you considered giving him your first kiss?" Kihyun asked, even though he now hated Jinseok's existence. If his friend still liked Jinseok, he would learn to live with it.

"You said it yourself, he has no intention of returning anyone's feelings. There's no point in getting caught up over someone like that. Thanks for helping me see his true colors, Kihyun... And about that kiss, I guess I just wanted to get it over with, you know how those guys keep picking on me. I'll try again later on that one too."

Kihyun thought hard about what he wanted to do. He needed to help Jooheon through this, but he wasn't exactly sure how. A thought suddenly rushed through his mind. He sure hopes he won't regret this. 

"K-Kihyun?"

"I can't help you with Jinseok considering I hate him to hell and back now, but I can help you with your first kiss."

Kihyun grabbed Jooheon's collar and brought him close for a kiss. Their lips pressed together perfectly. The first kiss lasted a few seconds. It allowed them to get over the initial awkwardness that comes with a first kiss. Kihyun pulled him back in for another kiss, this one more natural than the other. Their lips moved slowly against each other. Of course neither has any skills in kissing, but that was okay since they didn't need to impress someone. After a few more seconds, Kihyun released Jooheon, allowing both to back up from the kiss. 

"Wow."

"Tell anyone it was me and I will end you." Kihyun spoke. His cheeks were burning at the thought of what he just did. He couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe how right it felt neither. Jooheon blinked his eyes, mindlessly watching Kihyun. The older turned away, trying to hide his emotions that he couldn't seem to control. "Oh, Jooheon?" He glanced over his shoulder.

"Yeah?"

"That was my first kiss too, in case you didn't know." Jooheon's heart started pounding so hard, he thought Kihyun could probably hear it.

"My hands are sweating.... Oh my god..." Kihyun smiled. Jooheon's reaction was kinda funny to him, but he honestly felt the same way. 

"Come on, let's get going." He turned back around to playfully slap the younger's shoulder. Jooheon let himself be pulled towards their neighborhood.

"I think I need to rethink my priorities." The younger mumbled. 

He hated being so indecisive, but it was official. He was in love... This time, he was sure it was with the right person.