Chapter 5

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Nothing. There's nothing about her on the internet."

Yuri looked absolutely stunned."You're investigating Jessica on the internet?"

"I'm not investigating. I'm just curious." Taeyeon sighed heavily as she scrolled the Google search page up and down. "I don't get it. How can anyone not be on the internet these days?"

"Then consider yourself lucky. At least you know she's not a wanted psychopath or a member of some gang in New York."

Taeyeon snorted. "Jessica is anything but ghetto."

"How sure are you?" Taeyeon glared at Yuri as if she had grown a second head. "Are you kidding me? You see how elegant she is? No one comes from the ghetto and be that refined. She's so…sophisticated" Taeyeon gushed. "Not even JLo can hide her 'hood background with designer clothes"

"So, what seems to be amiss then?"

"Nothing. Like I said, I'm just curious."

"Sure. Taeyeon, you don't bother to go online unless when it's extremely necessary. What's wrong?"

Taeyeon twisted her lips then settled for a pout. "She's so evasive when I ask about her life in New York. And I just…I want to know her. Like, was she popular in high school or I don't know, what made her go to Las Vegas."

"You've been going out for what? Just almost two months? Maybe she's not yet that comfortable talking about her past. Some people are just like that, Tae."

"But I trust her." Taeyeon frowned. "I told her about Taeri unnie and last summer's valium fiasco."

"I don't think she doesn't trust you, Taeyeon", Yuri sighed. "Maybe something very painful happened, or she didn't have a happy childhood. And she's just not ready to talk. If she doesn't trust you, she wouldn't let you in her life just like that. Does it even matter to you what she was like before?"

"When did you become her champion?"

"Since she's been feeding me non-stop. Have you tried her lasagna?"

"No. You know I hate pasta. And no, it doesn't matter, I guess. But I'm kinda stumped on what to give her for Christmas. "

"You're agnostic."

"So? Don't tell me only the Catholics celebrate St. Patrick's Day. It's not an exclusive holiday."

"You are so in love, it's not funny anymore", Yuri grinned, betraying her own statement.

"Shhh. Keep your comments to yourself and just help me think of what to give her."

It's not easy to think of a gift for someone you barely know. Everyone knows that. It's harder when the person is more closed than Taeyeon herself. The fact that they've only been dating for a short period of time makes it even more difficult.

Because, the reality is –of which Taeyeon tries hard to ignore—they've barely spent time together. They see each other in the morning and while ideally, Taeyeon could rush home and spend an hour or two with Jessica after school, but she has to wait for Yuri's cheer practices to end. She's not about to ditch her best friend just so she can have her make-out time with Jessica.

Well…she's been tempted. But her sense of loyalty to Yuri is strong.

By the time they get home, Jessica's on her way to work. Taeyeon tried waiting for Jessica at night; however, she had been reprimanded by the brunette for staying up late.

She's ignoring the fact that Jessica doesn't even reply to her messages when working.

She's trying hard not to complain about the lack of physical intimacy.

She was getting antsy and it showed in her paintings.

Two months. It would be a miracle if she survives another month without exploding from ual frustration.

But whatever. Her girl's an independent woman. She needs to it and feel lucky enough that Jessica is her girlfriend.

"Taeyeon, don't even think of marking me. I swear."

Oh. Well. Weekends are good. She's got Jessica until late afternoon.

Taeyeon flicked her tongue. "But your neck…so inviting."

Jessica forced the artist to kiss her lips. "I'm off to work in an hour and it'll be a pain if people see that."

"So, cover it with make-up." the younger girl grumbled while her hands d everywhere at the brunette's body.

"I—okay, fine", Jessica acquiesced then pointed vaguely at her neck.

She closed her eyes at the feel of Taeyeon's lips, teeth and tongue create a work of art on her neck, and slowly guided the artist's hand to her chest, letting the young girl explore her further without being .

It's not that she's still getting used to another female, it's just, she's getting used to being with someone again in general. It's been a long time, so the sensation of being touched in ways Taeyeon had been doing challenges her self-control. She wanted to give herself fully, but the fear of losing everything hinders her from allowing Taeyeon to possess her in every way possible.

She felt a bit guilty. Throwing the younger girl a bone when she could have a steak. And the worst part is Taeyeon hasn't complained. Not directly, anyway.

"I want you, Sica."

The brunette opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling. Sica. That was new.

So are Taeyeon's hips grinding at her at a painfully slow motion.

She intended to stop the younger girl's movement, but instead, found her hand feel around Taeyeon's rear.

That moan she elicited from Taeyeon semi-broke her resolve. That was by far, the iest thing she's ever heard in her entire life. It was soft, natural and muffled; as if the younger girl was scared that it would make Jessica stop.

It didn't.

It made Jessica want to hear it again.

And again.

And again.

Instinctively, she shifted her leg in between Taeyeon's thighs, slightly folded her knee and pulled the artist closer for encouragement.

Well, Taeyeon is young and very impressionable; eager to please.

There wasn't much cajoling needed.

Though there was a clear miscommunication between the two lovers.

Jessica was thinking of something more juvenile like ing.

But Taeyeon had another thing in mind. Unlike earlier, the artist's hand found a clear southbound destination.

"Taeyeon." Jessica warned lightly.

"Please?" the artist whispered. "Just…let me make you feel good. This is still slow."

Jessica chuckled. "Taeyeon…", Brown eyes met hazel, and Jessica slowly broke into a smile. "Yeah, okay. Still slow."

"Yeah." the artist grinned.

But phone.

Yup. It's that goddamn phone that never stops ringing or buzzing when they're together.

Taecyeon, Jessica says.

Taecyeon, her good friend.

Taecyeon, her goddamn business partner.

Taeyeon knew the drill. She would usually just be patient about it but she was so that she became snappish.

"Taeyeon." Jessica implored after talking to Taecyeon. "I'm so sorry."

"Sure, no problem." the artist huffed before picking up her jacket.

"Where are you going?"

"Out."

"Taeyeon, don't be like this."

"Like what? You have work. What am I supposed to do on a Saturday night?"

"To be honest, I worry when you're out."

The younger girl rolled her eyes. "You don't trust me. I told you I will stop with recreational drugs, and I have."

"Where are you going, then?"

"I don't know yet."

"Who would be with you?"

"I don't know yet."

"Why are you acting up?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter