Chapter 3

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon bit her lower lip and tried hard to focus.

Or at least look repentant.

But the more agitated Jessica was—walking back and forth, raising a finger and chest rising while reprimanding her—the more Taeyeon felt that she was increasingly getting .

She was seated on the couch, while the brunette was standing. It was, by far, the most titillating experience in the artist's life.

This, without touching or any form of seduction.

Taeyeon's mind started drifting to what that dominant side can do in bed.

A lot. Taeyeon's dirty mind thought. She can do a lot.

Oh, hell yeah.

Her lips twitched then she unconsciously it.

"…did you take ecstasy? …Taeyeon."

"Huh?"

 Jessica scowled. "I asked if you took ecstasy because you've been your lips and swallowing. Do you need water? That drug could drain your spinal fluid, did you know that?"

Taeyeon looked down and gripped the side of her legs like a child.

"You did", Jessica nodded then groaned loudly in frustration.

"I don't really see what's the big deal. I don't take it regu—"

"What. Is the big deal?” Jessica screamed. "Ever heard of OD? You could die, Taeyeon!"

"Huh", the teenager blinked then nodded. "I still don't see the big deal."

Jessica looked dumbfounded by Taeyeon's response.

"People die every day", the artist continued.

"You…", the brunette breathed deeply then shook her head. Chuckling sadly, she felt embarrassed for herself. "I don't even know why I'm making a fool of myself right now. You're right. People die every single day. Hell, there's always someone dying per minute, or second, or just—you're right."

"I'm…sorry?" Taeyeon wasn't exactly sure why she was apologizing. And judging by the tone she used, the artist wasn't even sure if she should be apologizing in the first place. But it felt like it was the right thing to do. Apologies always pacify people when they're mad, right?

Wrong.

The older woman scoffed. "I'm not your keeper. You can do whatever you want. But a word of advice? Give Yuri a spare key to your home. She doesn't deserve that kind of treatment from you."

That seemed to have struck a sensitive chord.

"Oh. Wow", Taeyeon looked flabbergasted. "What? You let her into your home once and you're now an expert on what Yuri deserves?"

"No. But that's the whole point, isn't it? I'm not supposed to be the one taking care of her. But I sort of did last night, because her self-proclaimed best friend was nowhere in sight. Do you have any idea how hard it must have been for her to ask me, a total stranger, if she can sleep on my couch? Do you?" Taeyeon's eyes darted everywhere except at Jessica's direction.

"I don't hear her complaining about how I treat her."

"Beggars can't be choosers" Jessica bit back. "But you wouldn't know that, would you? Nice house, cool car, huge fund"

"You know, I wish my dad would just hit me. At least I would know he knows I exist"

"So", Jessica pursed her lips and raised her eyebrows. "Since he doesn't. You self-destruct. Real mature."

"I'm seventeen!"

"I was already working to survive at your age!"

Taeyeon's eyes widened and was left hanging, unsure of what to say or do.

She had said too much. Jessica knew it. It was unnecessary to open her can of worms for this brat who feels entitled to everything. "But you know what? Do whatever you want, Taeyeon. I'm just your neighbor. Don't drag me into your world of made up problems."

That was unfair. Jessica knew that as well. Taeyeon never asked her to be at the teenager's doorstep early in the morning to check on them. The young girl certainly didn't ask her to care and start acting like a guardian. But Taeyeon's lack of empathy was infuriating. There is nothing about her life that she needed to share with that girl, and she was now determined to keep it that way.

So she did what she would normally do best in situations like this. Walkout and walk away.

Taeyeon was left reeling from what happened. She actually had no idea how to process her emotions that seemed to have gone haywire. It doesn't help that she's still feeling the strong effects of ecstasy in her system. She slowly stood up and sauntered back to her room. Quietly as possible, she opened the door and saw Yuri still cocooned in her bed.

She gently lay down next to Yuri and traced the fading bruises her friend's arm. "I know you're awake", she whispered. "And I know you heard everything."

"Don't even think of apologizing." Yuri murmured with her eyes still closed. "You've nothing to apologize to me."

"But she's right."

"I got mad at you because you know how I feel about your…recreational activities." "Okay."

"But she's right about one thing."

"What's that?"

"I need keys."

Taeyeon smiled then kissed Yuri's shoulder. "Okay. I'll get you spare keys."

"That was one huge break up. And to think you haven't even started dating. Good job, Taeyeon."

The artist scowled but continued to give butterfly kisses on the tanned girl's shoulder. "I really don't need your dripping sarcasm today"

"How about tomorrow?"

"How about you shut up?" Taeyeon growled.

"How about you stop trying to seduce me because you know that will never work?"

"But I won't get you pregnant", Taeyeon whined.

That made Yuri cackle so hard, it hurt her body. "Ow, God", she groaned while holding her rib area. "Stop making me laugh. It still hurts."

"I wasn't trying to!"

"Can it, Taeyeon. I'm not attracted to you. Your fault you're all riled up because of E, go take care of yourself. Not my problem."

"Okay."

"Ugh. Taeyeon! Not while I'm here!" Yuri rolled to the other side and almost fell off the bed when Taeyeon snuck her hand inside her sweatpants. "I seriously wonder sometimes while I'm still your friend."

The artist cackled as she removed her hand then grinned impishly. "Because you love me and my crazy. Come back here. I was just trying to annoy you. Your rejection hurts, you know?"

"If you touch my , I swear, I will tie you up and dye back your hair to blonde, take a photo of you and post it all over our school."

The artist bunched up some of her hair. "Don't. I'll behave. I promise."

"Okay, good." Yuri snuggled up to Taeyeon. "So…what do you plan to do with Jessica?"

"You heard her, she's just my neighbor. Besides, she's probably—most likely—not gay for Kim as well. So whatever. I don't care."

"Sure you don't care."

Taeyeon sighed. "I don't want to talk about her anymore."

"Okay."

"Thanks."

Yuri nodded then furrowed her brows after a few minutes. "Gay for Kim? Did you ing make that up?"

Taeyeon scoffed. "Please, I'm not that narcissistic. Nana told me that's what some of the people say about the girls who still insist they're straight but go after me anyway."

"That includes her."

"Yeah, well. I don't really care what they call themselves. I'm getting bored at all of them."

"All of them?"

"Yeah."

"Jessica, huh?"

"I don't—" Taeyeon looked up when she heard a car pullover in front of her home. "That could be the parents." she sighed.

"We're supposed to be in school."

"I'm sick and you're taking care of me." the artist shrugged. "Come on. Let's go down."

"Hey, your parents don't know I'm here"

"They'll find out now."

Yuri chewed her lip. Taeyeon's parents never really liked her because of—what she could only guess—her ethnicity or background. It's fine because she never liked them, either. Especially Taeyeon's dad. She doesn't trust guys that look too clean and smooth.

But then again, she doesn't trust men in general.

Yuri sighed in relief. It was Taeyeon's mom. She was relatively more tolerable. The Tanned girl stood by the stairs silently and waited for Taeyeon's cue.

"Mom." Taeyeon walked closer to a beautiful blonde woman, Judy, pulling a luggage and talking to someone on the phone. Turning it off, she smiled at her daughter before kissing her cheek. "How's my baby?"

"Alright." the teenager mumbled with her hands firmly placed inside the pockets of her hoodie. "Where's dad?" she asked before motioning Yuri to follow them to the kitchen.

Judy furrowed her brows. "Didn't you read the note I left? We had separate itineraries."

"Oh. Okay. I guess it just slipped my mind"

Separate itineraries. Code for vacation with their lovers.

There are couples who engage into open marriages.

And then there are Taeyeon's parents who are too damn open; a horde of barbarians can come in without meeting resistance.

"Mom, by the way. Yuri's staying with us from now on. I'll fix the guest room."

She wasn't asking permission. Just simply providing information.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter