Chapter 11

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Yuri!" The tanned girl froze then dropped the television remote.

"Yuri! Get in here! Now!"

"Jesus ing…" Yuri ran towards Taeyeon's bedroom and barged in. "What is wro—oh…my…god."

Taeyeon turned around; anxiety written all over her flushed red face. "Tell me I look good."

"I—Damn, Taeyeon." The taller girl struggled to say something coherent. The young artist was wearing a little black dress with a surplice v-neckline and a drape front held together by an accent belt. "You look… you look… damn. Hot."

"I—really? You're not just trying to make me feel better?" The artist nervously ran her palms over her dress. The cheerleader gaped and blinked.

"No…you look…damn, Taeyeon. I don't even know what to say. You—wow."

A smile slowly formed on Taeyeon's lips. "Do I detect a touch of regret on your end?"

"A little." Yuri admitted with a laugh.

"So, maybe—hold up!" the Tanned girl raised her hand and stared at Taeyeon's feet. "Is that a Christian Louboutin?"

"I think so? I just asked the sales lady to find me matching shoes for my dress."

"Baby." the raven-haired girl cooed and knelt down before caressing the crystal-embedded sandals. "I've wanted you since forever."

Taeyeon grimaced. "You're freaking me out, Yul. It's just a pair of shoes."

"This isn't just a pair of shoes.  This is made by a god!" the tanned girl huffed as she stood up.

"Well, then. I'll let you worship it once my date is over. But right now, you need to let go of them. I gotta look decent enough."

"Decent? Tae. Decent isn't the right word to describe you right now."

"Finally found what to say?"

"Yeah, I'd say Jessica's on her way to sainthood if she doesn't give in to this."

Taeyeon's face fell as dread ran through her body. "I don't know, Yul. This situation's just…ed up."

"Hey. You're in it, now. Just make the most out of it."

"Make the most out of it? Seriously? I’m buying her time, Yul."

"Exactly. Every dollar counts."

"Geez. Easy for you to say that."

Yuri started to snigger. "This is…I don't even know how you always manage to get yourself in bizarre situations. Do update me about what's happening because this is just…" the tanned girl finally guffawed before raising her hands close to her chest when Taeyeon glared at her. "Really off the wall."

"Do you want me to live blog it?" Taeyeon drawled out with a deadpanned expression.

"With photos. Or it didn't happen."

"Hilarious!" the blonde sighed before taking one last look at herself in the mirror. "I really look—"

"Perfect, Taeyeon. You look perfect. I swear."

"And my make-up?"

The other girl smiled and nodded with approval. "Looks like you learned a thing or two from being a Cheerio."

"The made sure I looked nice." Taeyeon sneered at the memory of being smitten with a girl who betrayed her trust the moment she felt vulnerable.

Not like Jessica's any different, she sadly realized.

"The is different from Jessica."

"Like, you're a mind-reader now?"

"I just know you well enough to read your expressions."

"But you don't like Jessica."

"As your girlfriend. But. I don't know, Tae. Just don't compare her to the . Those are very different contexts."

"Same result."

"So why are you running after Jessica?"

"Because I love her."

Yuri smirked. "Like I said, don't compare the two."

"Whatever. Are you Team Winning Jessica back or what?"

"I'm Team Happiness for Taeyeon. Just be careful, alright? This isn't a wholesome game you're playing with her."

"I know." Taeyeon mumbled as she carefully placed the Tissot watch she picked up for Jessica in her purse.

This date alone cost her earnings from three commissioned paintings. She could have used her extension card, but something felt off about using her dad's account for her time with her ex-girlfriend. She had also hoped it would be more meaningful for the brunette if she finds out that it's from her own hard work.

Yuri kept quiet while watching Taeyeon made last minute preparations; calling to double-check her reservation, deciding on a necklace and receiving the bouquet flowers she had ordered that morning. Her friend was going all out, and the tanned girl didn't have the heart to articulate her usual pessimism. She realized the artist needed a friend who will back her up, and who will be there when all else fails. Mostly, Taeyeon needed someone who would have faith in her decisions.

It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

"Hey, Taeyeon!" Yuri called out through the kitchen. "Jessica's about to ride her car!" the Tanned girl stated while peeping through the window.

The blonde frowned then quickly stepped outside and ran towards Jessica. "Uhm, Sica? Aren't we, uh, I could drive us to dinner."

The brunette stared at her with an enigmatic expression. "We're meeting at the office."

"Huh? Why? We can go directly to the—"

"Taeyeon, that's the protocol with my clients. Technically, you're not supposed to know where I live. They always meet me at the office."

"Oh." The young artist furrowed her brows and nodded, slowly backing away from Jessica. "Right. I… uhm, seven, yeah? I'll, uh, I'll be there by that time."

Jessica nodded back curtly.

"I'll see you, then." The artist's shoulders fell in defeat.

She looked up and winced at the dark clouds forming. "Great!" she mumbled. Just what I need."

It was Murphy's Law that kicked in, and Taeyeon couldn't be more pissed at nature's way of telling her this plan . She was fifteen minutes late and almost slipped and dropped her umbrella, resulting to an almost drenched appearance. Escorts piled up at the lobby of Taecyeon and Jessica's office eyed her in curiosity as she marched straight to the ladies room.

She looked around with pleading eyes at the girls applying make-up. "Would anyone happen to bring a hair blower with them? None? Of course," she chuckled sadly when she was met with silence. "Why would the whole ing world cooperate with me right now?" she stated while violently tugging a few sheets of hand towel. "I'm just minutes away from losing the love of my life complete. Which, actually, no—yeah, I've lost her. I just don't know when to ing give up. So here I am, paying my way to spend time with her, looking like a wet hen when I'm already several minutes late and—"

"I have a blow dryer." a girl no older than Taeyeon said and gazed at her with sympathy. "I'll just get it in my car. Hyo, why don't you help with her dress?"

A blonde girl raised her eyebrow. "Like how do you expect me to do that when you're just about to get—"

"It's called a hand dryer, genius." the first girl sighed. "Lend her a shirt or something while you dry her dress. I'll be back real quick."

Taeyeon sat down in the corner couch with an oversized shirt and jacket and watched the blonde meticulously run the dress, part by part, along the hand dryer nozzle. "This is an expensive brand." she said with wide eyes. "Who are you?"

"It doesn't matter." Taeyeon mumbled. "Jessica's—"

"Jessica? As in Jessica Jung?"

"Yeah."

"She’s the so-called love of your life?" the first girl earlier chimed in as she walked closer to Taeyeon and plugged in the blower. "I'm Tiffany, by the way. Hyo, go tell Taecyeon that Taeyeon's just ran in some problems but she's already in the office. He might cancel on her."

"Yeah." Taeyeon frowned and glared at her, rudely ignoring the girl's kind efforts. "Why? Something wrong with that?"

"Oh, nothing's wrong." Tiffany chuckled. "Just that, I didn't realize she was with a young girl. Well, I didn't realize she's a lesbian."

"I don't think she owes anyone that information."

"Oh, of course not." Tiffany smiled before turning on the blower. She started to fix Taeyeon's hair without permission and with very little protest on the artist's end. "But she's somewhat like a big sister to me. I mean…she'd always castigate me for getting in this lin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter