THIS IS NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR!?

It's You

‘Congratulations Mr.Do. You’ve got the job and you may start working next Monday.’

 

‘Thank you so much! I’ll work hard! Thank you!’, Kyungsoo replied, fist pumping the air earning weird stares from a few customers.

 

He slipped his phone into his pocket. He’s going to have a real and stable job. Kyungsoo couldn’t wait for next Monday but at the thought of Jongin being his boss, Kyungsoo pressed his lips into a thin line and sighed. I must have done something bad in my past life to deserve this. Kyungsoo quickly brushed off his thoughts when he saw Suho entering the kitchen.

 

‘Hyung I’ve got the job! I’m starting next Monday.’

 

‘Congratulations Soo!’ Suho gave him a hug.

 

‘Thanks hyung but Jongin is my boss…’

 

‘Hey, I’m sure Jongin is professional enough to differentiate working and private matters. He wouldn’t be much of a trouble. Don’t worry.’

 

‘Yeah Soo. Nothing to worry about and congrats!’ Yixing smiled as he entered the kitchen.

 

‘Thanks guys’, Kyungsoo said. Everything’s gonna be okay Kyungsoo. Don’t worry.

 

‘SUHO HYUNG!!!’ The three of them got startled and quickly ran back to the café only to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol grinning and waving like idiots.

 

‘Hyung, I’m craving for your chocolate lava cake’, Baekhyun pouted.

 

‘You’re gonna pay today right because the two of you have exceeded your credit limit’ Kyungsoo said.

 

‘You’re not the boss. Suho is.’, Baekhyun glared at him.

 

‘Kyungsoo’s right. When are you two gonna pay your tabs. I’m running a business not a charity’, Suho said with his arms crossed. Yixing could only laugh and agree.

 

‘Geez. We’ll pay okay? Now Soo, go and serve us some cakes like a good waiter’, Baekhyun said with a evil smile.

 

‘Morons’ Kyungsoo muttered, walking past the duo. Baekhyun laughed loudly while making his way to their favourite table. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s relationship is always the love-hate kind of friendship since their high school years. They may be like enemies from the outside but they really care for each other. That is what friendships and brotherhoods are about. The five of them sat down and chatted as the café wasn’t at the peak hours. Upon hearing Kyungsoo getting a job at Jongin’s company, Chanbaek congratulated him. Baekhyun suggested that they go shopping for expensive suits for Kyungsoo’s congratulatory gift and he needed to get the latest eyeliner launched in the mall but only to receive a kick in his leg by Kyungsoo.

 

*****

 

Kyungsoo clutched his bag tightly and looked at the building in front of him. KIM CORPORATIONS, one of the top five leading companies in South Korea and also in Asia. He walked into the building. You can do this! Plus, you won’t be seeing Jongin all the time because you’re in a different department.

 

‘Good morning, you must be Mr. Do. Welcome to KIM CORPORATIONS and you’ll be working here officially starting today.’, a man with an eyes of a panda greeted him. Kyungsoo was told that he was the man that called him the other day about his job and he was the head of the secretary’s department, Mr. Huang Zitao. After showing Kyungsoo around the office and briefing him about his duties, he was supposed to report to the president.

 

‘Oh, I forgot to tell you that you’ll be the president’s personal secretary.’, Mr. Huang said.   P-Personal secretary??? Me?!

 

‘Me? B-but…’, Kyungsoo asked, puzzled.

 

‘Boss’s orders. He might be very harsh but he’s a good person if you are punctual and efficient at doing your work. The last secretary was fired because she bought him hot coffee instead of a cold one. Just listen to his instructions carefully and there'll be no problem. I guess...’, Mr. Huang said, giving Kyungsoo an unsure look.

 

'Mr. Huang...what's with the face?', Kyungsoo asked, his face skeptical.

 

'Uh...haha...nothing. Now off you go to the office. Good luck.'

 

Oh my god. What have I gotten myself into?

 

Kyungsoo thanked Mr. Huang and quickly made his way to the president’s office. He hesitated for a few seconds but ended up knocking the door before entering the office.

 

‘Good morning, sir’, Kyungsoo bowed slightly as he entered the office. He was expecting Jongin to be at his desk, doing his business but no. He was greeted by a dancing Jongin on a dancing machine and EXO’s hit song, Growl was blasting on the state-of-art speakers. He looked around the office. It was huge but it is nothing close to an office. There was a sofa set, Jongin’s desk, a coat stand, a mini refrigerator, game machines, basketballs and baseball bats on the floor. Kyungsoo gawked at the sight of pizza boxes with unfinished pizza slices and cola on the table.

 

‘Yes! 100 points!’, Jongin hollered and turned around. ‘Oh hi Mr. Do, reporting for duty?’, Jongin asked, leaning against the dancing machine, hands in his pockets. Kyungsoo thought that Jongin looked ridiculously hot with two shirt buttons undone, hanging necktie and sweaty reddish brown bangs. Wait what? Hot mess? He is not hot Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo  mentally slapped himself.

 

‘Er…good morning, sir. I’m ready for work.’, Kyungsoo spoke.

 

‘Well, you may start by cleaning my office. The cleaning materials are just down the hall. Now, chop chop! Time is ticking.’, Jongin ordered.

 

‘What? Excuse me, but that is not a secretary’s job. Mr. Huang just gave a briefing-’

 

‘You’re my secretary and I’m your boss so you follow my orders.’, Jongin cut him off with a smile.

 

‘I’ll get right on it’, Kyungsoo gritted his teeth and left the office. Behind that smile lies the child of Satan.

 

‘Office? You call that junkyard an office? Even Chanyeol’s dog lives in a cleaner place!’, Kyungsoo grumbled outside the office.

 

‘I heard that.’, Jongin said smugly as he came out from his office and walked to the restroom.

 

‘Stupid.’, Kyungsoo muttered under his breath.

 

Kyungsoo was cleaning the junkyard office and he wondered which CEO in the world reviews international business contracts with headphones on, humming to the song. That’s right, Kim Jongin does that because he is an abnormal species.

 

‘Stop stealing glances at me, Mr. Do. Am I that handsome that you can’t take your eyes off me?’, Jongin asked, taking off his headphones.

 

‘Shut up. You’re not handsome.’ Kyungsoo hissed.

 

‘Can you get me a blue gel pen at the convenience store down the street? Thanks.’

 

‘What? Can’t you see me cleaning, Mr. President?!’, Kyungsoo retorted.

 

‘Here’s five bucks.’, Jongin said, putting back his headphones.

 

Kyungsoo walked out if the office with a heavy sigh. After buying the pens, he hurried back to the company with a mischievous grin. Suddenly, his phone rang and an unknown number flashed across the screen. He answered it.

 

‘Hello?’

 

‘Mr.Do, buy me a cup of iced latte.’, Jongin said on the other side of the line.

 

‘But I’m already at the company’s lobby. I can’t go-’ Jongin hung up.

 

‘This brat! He’s already killing me on my first day!’, Kyungsoo screamed in frustration. After a long time, he finally returned to the office. Kyungsoo placed the iced latte and a small black plastic bag containing pens on Jongin’s desk.

 

You may get back to work.’ Jongin sipped his iced latte.

 

‘Sir, your meeting starts at 2pm and the car is ready.’, Mr. Nam entered the office. Jongin stopped and glanced at Kyungsoo who was still cleaning his office before leaving the office. He wanted to puke because Kyungsoo smiled at him.

 

Jongin and his assistant was at the lobby. ‘Mr. Nam, here’s the pen that I lost.’, Jongin took out the small plastic bag from his pocket but he held the plastic bag upside down and all the contents came falling out. Blue and pink pens with glittery feathers were scattered on the floor. These aren’t blue gel pens?!!!

 

‘Sir, are you alright?’, Mr. Nam quickly collected the pens. Jongin gritted his teeth and couldn’t be more embarrassed when he heard snickers coming from the back.

 

Back at the office, Kyungsoo burst into laughter at the thought of Jongin taking out a blue or pink pen with glittery feathers during a business meeting. After cleaning the office, he went back to his desk and overheard a few staffs talking. ‘I just saw President Kim dropping girly pens at the lobby. I didn’t know our boss was into cute items.’ Kyungsoo thought this day couldn’t get any better.

 

*****

 

That evening, the gang gathered at Suho’s café.

 

‘So how was work today?’, Yixing asked.

 

‘Nothing much. I cleaned his office and did some errands.’, Kyungsoo replied, sipping his glass of orange juice.

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Baekhyun and Chanyeol suddenly roared into laughter. Everyone turned to them.

 

‘Check this out. I was chatting with Jongin in the groupchat’, Baekhyun said and he placed his phone in the middle of the table.

 

Baekhyun: Hi Jongin. How’s secretary Do doing? Good? :)

 

Jongin: Good my ! Don’t mention that name ever again!!!

 

Baekhyun: Why? Something bad happened today?

 

Jongin: Bad? It was far worst than bad. I was humiliated by that midget because he bought me girly pens and I dropped it at the lobby for the entire world to see and I HAD TO USE IT DURING MY MEETING WITH FOREIGN INVESTORS!!!

 

The gang burst into laughter. Suho turned to Kyungsoo and asked ‘You bought him girly pens? Why?’

 

‘He asked me to clean his office!’, Kyungsoo defended. ‘That’s not a secretary’s job’, he added, cringing at the thought of those unfinished slices of pizza and cola.

 

The phone buzzed twice.

 

Jongin: Any ideas where is Kyungsoo?

 

Jongin: Cause I’m going owl hunting. >:D MUAHAHA

 

Kyungsoo snatched the phone and typed…

 

Baekhyun: On the tallest tree in the forest waiting for you.

 

Jongin: Ha. Ha. Very funny hyung. Anyway I’m coming over to Suho hyung’s café. It’s been a while since I’ve met him.

 

Kyungsoo widened his eyes at Jongin’s reply. He’s coming here now? Now?       

 

‘Ooooh somebody’s gonna get it’, Baekhyun said and everybody stared at Kyungsoo. Before Kyungsoo could say anything, the café’s door bell rang indicating someone entered the café. The gang whipped their head towards the direction of the door. Jongin entered the café and saw six pairs of eyes on him and his eyes landed on a particular owl.

 

‘You!’ Jongin pointed at Kyungsoo and marched towards him.

 

‘You didn’t get lost? I thought you were at the forest’, Kyungsoo asked, looking unhappy to see Jongin. Yixing, Xiumin and Baekhyun stifled their laughter.

 

‘Why would I get lost and for your information, I have a good sense of direction. Anyway, what do you have to say for yourself after what you did to me?’ Jongin demanded.

 

‘There is nothing for me to say.’

 

‘Uhh, why don’t you guys calm down and I’ll get you some drinks’, Yixing said and left for the kitchen. Xiumin followed him.

 

‘Calm down you guys. I’m running a business here and I believe in maintaining peace and love in this humble premise if I have to break some bones for it’, Suho threatened, expression turning dark.

 

Jongin cleared his throat and sat opposite of Kyungsoo who gave him a haughty look.

 

‘I’m gonna make your life a living hell’, Jongin narrowed his eyes at Kyungsoo.

 

‘Well, go ahead.’, Kyungsoo replied, unfazed by Jongin’s threat.

 

Throughout their conversation, it was a staring contest between the two of them. One time, Jongin poked his fork into a slice of cake and Kyungsoo slapped his fork away and poked his own fork into the cake and ate it. Jongin mouthed 'What the hell?' and Kyungsoo ignored him.

 

Halfway during their conversation where Jongin and Kyungsoo were constantly throwing insults at each other, Kyungsoo got up.

 

‘It’s getting late. I have to go. Bye guys.’, Kyungsoo said. They bid farewell and Kyungsoo left the café without glancing at Jongin.

 

‘You made him clean your office? Why would you do that? That’s not a secretary’s job.’, Xiumin asked.

 

‘It’s his first day too Jongin. Don’t be too harsh on him.’, Suho added. The gang nodded their heads in agreement.

 

‘I do what I like’, Jongin gave an uneducated answer.

 

 

 

 


Two subscribers!!! :D * deep bow* THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 *dances around* Comment and give some feedbacks^^ I really appreciate it. THANK YOU <3 I hope you enjoy the story :)