UNCERTAINTY

It's You

‘Are you free this evening?’

 

‘Uhh…no. I…have something going on this evening.’, Kyungsoo answered.

 

‘Oh…’, Jongin said, a hint of disappointment in his tone and Kyungsoo wondered why.

 

Kyungsoo walked out from the company lobby and sighed. Another day has passed and there was still no progress between him and Jongin. He eyed the beautiful flowers blooming in the mini garden but his mind was somewhere else. Was I too harsh? He sounded disappointed though.

 

A car stopped in front of him, causing Kyungsoo to stop on his tracks and Yunchan stepped out from the car. ‘Hi. Why are you looking so down?’

 

‘Nothing, Yunchan.’, the elder forced a smile.

 

‘Do you want to have dinner with me? I know a very good noodle place around here.’, Yunchan asked, his tone hopeful.

 

‘It’s okay. You go ahead.’

 

‘Eyy, sunbae. Food is your best friend when you’re down. Come on, my treat!’, Yunchan said, draping his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

 

‘But I really-’

 

‘Please, sunbae. You look really down and I just want to cheer you up.’, Yunchan pleaded.

 

Kyungsoo kept quiet as Yunchan opened the passenger door, waiting for Kyungsoo to get in.

 

Kyungsoo looked at Yunchan, a glint of uncertainty in his eyes before he got into the car. Yunchan closed the car door and fist-pumped the air, a grin forming on his face.

 

Someone from another car narrowed his eyes as his grip tightened on the steering wheel as the whole situation unfold before his eyes. So that’s his evening plans.

 

‘Sunbae, is the noodle not good?’, Yunchan asked the elder who was poking the slices of fishcake in his bowl.

 

‘Yeah…I mean no. I-’

 

‘If it’s not good then we can go to another place. I-’

 

‘I’m not feeling well tonight, Yunchan. I’ll just walk home. I’m sorry.’, Kyungsoo got up from his seat and walked away, leaving a puzzled Yunchan behind.

 

Kyungsoo walked along the cold street to his apartment. The air tonight was nippy but tonight was colder than usual. He made his way to his unit and stopped when he saw Jongin leaning against his apartment door. Kyungsoo walked up to him and Jongin looked at him with a cold expression.

 

‘So your “something” was with Yunchan?’, Jongin asked, his tone icy.

 

‘Let me explain-’, Kyungsoo said but only to be cut off by Jongin.

 

‘There’s nothing for you to explain. I get it, Yunchan is important-’

 

‘I never said that.’, Kyungsoo said with his eyes closed, trying to calm himself.

 

‘You don’t even have to say that! I can see it!’, Jongin hollered. He was losing it. He couldn’t control himself.

 

It took everything in Kyungsoo to not scream at the younger. He didn’t want to worsen things between them. ‘Jongin, you don’t understand. I-’

 

‘Oh, I understand, okay? The both of you are together now. Congratulations. Just don’t flirt in the company when I’m around.’, Jongin’s words were like venom, stabbing right through Kyungsoo’s heart.

 

Kyungsoo’s expression hardened and he felt his blood boiling.

 

‘You know what? Thank you. We are together and don’t worry because we will do our flirting in private.’, Kyungsoo spat out of anger and slammed the door before Jongin could say anything.

 

*****

 

Both Kyungsoo and Jongin possessed dark expressions during work time, giving off the dark aura to their surroundings and basically steering almost everyone away from them.

 

‘Something’s off with Kyungsoo and the president right?’, Mr. Huang whispered to Ms. Jia, cautiously eyeing Kyungsoo who was at the fax machine, his face stoic and cold.

 

‘I guess so. He look like he’s going to murder someone.’, Ms. Jia said in a low voice and she quickly turned her attention to her computer when Kyungsoo walked past the two of them and out of the office. The two of them let out a sigh of relief.

 

‘Ohh, that was cold.’, Mr. Huang said, rubbing his arms.

 

‘Don’t overreact, Mr. Huang.’, Ms. Jia deadpanned and Mr. Huang scowled at her. He mumbled  ‘I thought I was being amusing.’ and got back to work.

 

Kyungsoo has been overworking after their argument that night. He stayed up till late night and worked non-stop. He drowned himself into work and by the time he goes home, he was too exhausted to think about Jongin and fell straight on his bed. The cycle continued for almost a week and one day, Kyungsoo couldn’t take it anymore. He passed out at the lobby after returning from one of the chain store to collect their survey sheets and he was rushed to the hospital. Suho and Yixing closed their café after hearing the news while Kris drove them to the hospital.

 

‘Soo!’, Suho rushed into the ward followed by Yixing and Kris and they saw Kyungsoo lying on the hospital bed with an oxygen mask on his face.

 

‘Hello, I’m Park Yunchan, Kyungsoo’s university junior and currently an intern at KIM CORPORATIONS.’, Yunchan stood up and bowed. The three of them nodded their heads and Suho immediately sat next to Kyungsoo.

 

‘Is Kyungsoo okay?’, Yixing asked.

 

‘The doctor said he’ll be fine but he fainted due to exhaustion. The doctor is running some tests and the results will be out soon.’

 

Suho turned to Yunchan and asked ‘Where is Jongin? Does he know that Kyungsoo is in the hospital now?’

 

‘He had a meeting this morning. I’m not sure if he knows about this.’

 

‘Thank you for calling us but we’ll be taking over from now.’, Kris said.

 

‘No problem. I’ll leave now.’, Yunchan took his things and left the ward. He walked down the hospital corridor and saw Jongin running up the escalator. Yunchan stopped him and Jongin pushed the younger’s arm away but Yunchan stopped him again.

 

‘We need to talk.’, Yunchan said seriously.

 

Jongin scoffed and said ‘Listen, I have no time your yapping so let go of me.’

 

Yunchan ignored him and dragged Jongin to the back of the hospital near the parking lot.

 

‘LET ME GO!’, Jongin roughly pushed Yunchan’s hand away.

 

‘Let’s drop the seniority crap. What did Kyungsoo do to make you so pissed off?!’

 

‘You should know why.’

 

‘Well, I don’t because Kyungsoo refused to tell me what was going on between you two and he was acting strangely for the whole week and now he’s on the hospital bed.’

 

‘Will you cut the crap?! You should know we’re all in this situation because you two are together.’

 

‘Together?! I wish we could be together but it’s very obvious that I’m not the one Kyungsoo wants to be with!’, Yunchan raised his voice.

 

Jongin looked at Yunchan, trying to process this new information. They’re not together? Did I misunderstood Kyungsoo?

 

‘He likes you! Whenever he’s with me, all he does is talk about you! It was so obvious that he likes you but you were to blinded by your bullheadedness!’, Yunchan continued.

 

‘Stop it.’, Jongin gritted his teeth. He feels like to the point where he was too embarrassed to even hear Kyungsoo’s name.

 

‘You don’t deserve Kyungsoo, you jerk!.’, Yunchan grabbed Jongin by the collar and punched Jongin in the jaw, sending him to the ground.

 

‘YAH!’, Jongin hollered, tasting blood in his mouth. He marched right up to Yunchan and punched him in the face and soon the both of them were throwing punches at each other. Yixing, Suho and Kris happened to walk past that area to the parking lot when they saw the two fighting. Suho gasped at the sight and the trio quickly ran towards them.

 

‘Stop it! The both of you!’, Suho yelled. Yixing pulled Jongin while Kris pulled Yunchan but the two of them were struggling to get out from the grasp, trying to punch each other’s faces and it ticked off Kris.

 

‘STOP IT! YOU’RE AT THE HOSPITAL!’, Kris roared, face turning red in anger and it immediately stopped the two of them from trying to struggle out from the tight grasp. The beast inside Kris got Suho marveled. He thought his boyfriend was incredibly hot and dominant. Suho snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Jongin muttering a curse word.

 

‘What brought to this physical fight?’, Suho demanded. ‘Kyungsoo is in the hospital so why are you two acting like thugs? Why are you two being so childish? You’re covered in blood and bruises!’

 

‘Let’s get you two treated first and the talking will come later.’, Yixing said, expression turning dark.

 

At the hospital cafeteria…

‘Would you care to explain what the hell is going on?’, Yixing said, looking at Jongin and Yunchan with bandages and plasters on their fists and faces. It was a pathetic sight.

 

‘He started it first.’, Jongin glared at Yunchan.

 

‘That jerk deserved it.’, Yunchan countered.

 

Kris slammed the table hard, startling the both of them while Suho shook his head in disapproval. Left with no choices, the two of them had to explain what had happened.

 

‘Is this true, Jongin?’, Yixing asked, his tone dangerous and Jongin nodded shamefully.

 

‘I’m disappointed in you, Jongin.’, Suho sighed. ‘Why do you always jump to conclusions without checking out thoroughly?’

 

Yunchan received a call and left the hospital while Suho and Kris went to Kyungsoo’s apartment to pack his clothes leaving Jongin and Yixing at the cafeteria.

 

‘You knew he liked you. Why didn’t you believe it?’, Yixing asked, his tone a little soft this time. Yixing could see the disappointment in Jongin’s face and he felt bad for the younger.

 

‘I wanted to but I just… I just couldn’t because he was always with Yunchan’, Jongin replied, hanging his head low.

 

‘You should apologize to Kyungsoo. Make sure you visit him, okay?’, Yixing patted his shoulder.

 

 

Suho and Yixing told Kyungsoo that they won’t be able to visit tomorrow because there will be an event at the café. They didn’t mention about Jongin and Yunchan involved in a fistfight because they didn’t want Kyungsoo to worry. Kyungsoo told them it was fine and went out for a walk in the hospital park after they left the hospital.

 

The night breeze blew into Kyungsoo’s face as he walked along the stone path. He sat down on one of the benches and looked at the sky. Not a single star. He sighed. I wonder what’s Jongin doing now?

 

He got up from the bench when he felt raindrops on his head. It was raining and Kyungsoo quickly ran to the nearest shelter. The main door of the hospital. He brushed his hair and turned around but stopped on his tracks.

 

Jongin.

 

Jongin was in front of him. Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows when he saw a big plaster on Jongin’s forehead and a bruise at his jaw.

 

‘Jongin, what-’

 

Jongin looked up and his eyes widened when he saw Kyungsoo in front of him. When Kyungsoo called his name, he ran away, ignoring Kyungsoo was still calling his name and eventually stopped when he reached the parking lot, where Kyungsoo was out of sight.

 

 

*****

 

The next day…

‘Ready to go home, Soo?’, Baekhyun asked with a smile and Kyungsoo nodded.

 

‘Are you sure you don’t want to stay for another day? You look exhausted, hyung.’, Sehun asked, eyeing Kyungsoo’s eyebags.

 

 ‘No, I’m fine, guys. I just want to go home and rest.’, Kyungsoo brushed their worries away with a smile.

 

 

That night, Kyungsoo was lying on his bed. Why did Jongin ran away from me?

 

Kyungsoo screamed into his pillow. He had a hard time sleeping last night when he thought of Jongin running away from him. Why am I-

 

Kyungsoo’s thoughts were distracted when he heard his doorbell rang. He sat up and looked at the time. 11:30pm.

 

‘Who-Jongin?!’, Kyungsoo said in disbelief. A rather drunk Jongin was standing in front of him. The younger’s face was red, his legs wobbly and eventually fell into Kyungsoo’s arms.

 

‘Jongin! What are you doing here and why are you so drunk?!’, he hissed, supporting Jongin. Hoo boy, he’s kinda heavy.

 

Kyungsoo struggled all the way to his room because of Jongin’s weight and the younger eventually crashed onto his bed, mumbling incoherently. All Kyungsoo could do was look at a drunk Jongin with disapproval before covering him with a blanket. He switched off the bedroom light and went out of his bedroom.

 

 

‘Ughhh……’, Jongin groaned. He slowly opened his eyes and immediately shut his eyes when the sunlight hit his face. He slowly got up and pressed his forehead with his palms. His head was spinning and he reeked of alcohol. I am never going drinking alone again.

 

He woke up to an unfamiliar surrounding and he looked around the room. Jongin was trying to remember what had happened last night but his head was hurting so badly, he stopped. He got up and walked aimlessly around the apartment until he spotted someone on the sofa in the living room. He walked slowly towards the sleeping figure and his eyes widened in shock.

 

Oh my god, I crashed at Kyungsoo’s apartment?!

 

Jongin sat on the floor and he faced Kyungsoo’s face, who was sleeping peacefully. He traced his fingers on Kyungsoo’s cheek, his heart fluttering when he felt the tingling sensation at his fingertips. The younger retracted his finger when Kyungsoo stirred in his sleep. The elder quickly got up when his eyes met Jongin’s, feeling flustered. Oh, no! Did I snore or drool in my sleep?

 

‘How long have you been here?’, Kyungsoo asked.

 

‘Err…not long.’, Jongin replied, pulling the back of his neck.

 

‘You should wash up. I’ll make some hangover soup for you.’, Kyungsoo stood up and walked past Jongin, heading to the kitchen.

 

‘O-Okay.’, Jongin stuttered, eyes on Kyungsoo’s back.

 

After washing up, he walked to the kitchen, settled himself on one of the chairs and watched Kyungsoo preparing breakfast.

 

He got up and walked towards Kyungsoo. Jongin slid his arms into Kyungsoo’s waist and backhugged him.

 

Kyungsoo turned around and gave him a peck on the lips and smiled at him. ‘Good morning, Jongin-ah’

 

Jongin smiled back at the elder. “Jongin-ah” were music to his ears.

 

‘Jongin-ah? Jongin-ah?!’

 

Jongin snapped out of his trance. He saw Kyungsoo staring at him, waving his hand in front of his face. Jongin blinked his eyes.

 

‘Are you okay, Jongin-ah?’, Kyungsoo asked, concern filling his voice.

 

Jongin wanted to kick himself. It was all a dream?! Oh my god, I’m even daydreaming about him.

 

Jongin cleared his throat. ‘Uh…yeah. I’m fine.’

 

Kyungsoo nodded his head and started laying the side dishes on the table. ‘It’s not that much but I hope you like it. Here’s your soup.’, Kyungsoo placed a bowl of beansprout soup in front of Jongin.

 

‘T-Thanks.’, Jongin said softly and drank his soup in silence, eyes occasionally on Kyungsoo who was drinking his soup with some rice.

 

‘Why did you drink so much last night?’, Kyungsoo broke the silence in between them.

 

‘I don’t know.’, Jongin mumbled, avoiding Kyungsoo’s gaze. ‘Thanks for the soup. I…Uh…I should really go now.’

 

He stood up and Kyungsoo followed Jongin from the back.

 

‘Bye.’, Kyungsoo said while Jongin slipped his foot into his shoes.

 

‘Bye…and thanks and…I’m sorry for crashing into your house.’, Jongin’s voice got softer at the end of his sentence.

 

Kyungsoo gave him a small smile, sending Jongin’s heart beating at a quicker pace. Jongin opened the door and walked away, disappearing into the elevator. Kyungsoo closed his door and leaned against it, letting out a sigh. You can never escape from him.

 

 

 

 

 


Took me super long to update this story, I'm SO SO SO SORRY GUYS ESPECIALLY ME DEAR SUBSCRIBERS. I was editing this chapter but ended up rewriting the whole chapter. So sorry guys! TT Btw, I wrote a new baekyeol fic (it's a oneshot), hope you guys will check it out ^^ (the link is as below) Thanks for being so patient with me TT Enjoy this chapter guys! <3