PARIS

It's You

‘WHAT?!’, Kyungsoo screamed.

 

‘I said you’re coming to Paris with me tomorrow morning. I am meeting Mr. Han there.’, Jongin replied calmly. He always wondered how could people be so energetic and loud in the morning. Plus, he didn’t want to fight with Kyungsoo that morning.

 

‘You can’t just ask me to fly to Paris with you tomorrow morning?! I mean, you didn’t tell me earlier and I have no time to pack!’, Kyungsoo grumbled and stomped his feet.

 

Jongin’s lips tugged upwards. Cute.

 

‘Then go home now and pack. I’ll give you the entire afternoon off.’, Jongin said. Kyungsoo’s expression softened a little. Since when did Jongin changed? He is so kind and considerate nowadays.

 

‘Are you just gonna stand here?’, Jongin snapped his fingers. Kyungsoo fumbled backwards when he realized Jongin was standing in front of him and too close to him in Kyungsoo’s opinion.

 

‘Uhh, I’ll get going now. Bye.’, Kyungsoo said before leaving the office, cheeks turning red and Jongin wondered why.

 

Kyungsoo stopped by Suho’s café and told him and Yixing that he’ll be going to Paris with Jongin.

 

‘WHAT? PARIS? TOMORROW?’, Suho shrieked.

 

‘I know right. That was how I reacted too.’, Kyungsoo face palmed himself.

 

Yixing just laughed and said ‘Daebak.’

 

‘It’s not a daebak matter Xing. It’s just me and him at Paris on some business trip. Alone.’, Kyungsoo shivered at the thought of him and Jongin together in some foreign country.

 

‘It’s great news okay, Soo? It’s a lifetime opportunity and I really don’t understand why are you so mad. Tsk.’, Yixing said, shaking his head.

 

‘I…I’m not mad. It’s just that…only the two of us are going and I…’

 

‘And you?’, Suho asked.

 

‘I…It’s uncomfortable that’s why.’, Kyungsoo reasoned, face turning pinkish.

 

‘Oi? Why is your face pink? Are you sick?’, Yixing asked, even though he knows the answer. Hoho, Soo. You’re hiding something from us.

 

‘Why would you be uncomfortable? It’s just Jongin and try to fix and improve your relationship with Jongin.’, Suho said.

 

‘N-No, I’m not sick and…’, Kyungsoo got up. ‘…and a pink face indicates that I’m healthy. I-I have to go home and pack. Bye guys.’, Kyungsoo quickly said.

 

‘Bye. Cheer up and enjoy your trip!’, Suho said, waving goodbye.

 

‘Bye, Soo.’, Yixing smiled while watching Kyungsoo walking out from the café. Kyungsoo’s in love?

 

*****

 

Kyungsoo was packing his utilities and clothings that evening. Toothbrush, towels, slippers, scarves and more. He checked over and over again not wanting to miss out a single thing. He stopped and looked at the time. 6:45pm. Kyungsoo wondered whether Jongin had finished packing. He looked at his phone and fiddled his fingers. Should I call him?

 

After several minutes debating internally, he reached out for his phone and typed a message to Jongin.

 

To: Brat

 

Are you done packing?

 

He pressed the send button and looked at the text he just sent. Kyungsoo threw his phone and himself on the couch and groaned loudly. Why am I like this?. He sat up and touched his forehead. I’m not sick so why am I acting like this? He thought about the incident that happened three days ago.

 

Three days ago…

 

Kyungsoo cursed while carrying two boxes of the company’s documents. He couldn’t use the trolley because the caretaker was using it. ‘Why is it so heavy?’, he muttered, struggling at the 2nd floor on the way to lift. His hands chose to fail him at that time and the boxes dropped and all the documents were sprawled on the floor. Kyungsoo stared at the mess helplessly and sighed. He bent down and collected the files and papers, unaware that Jongin was at the emergency exit had witnessed the whole situation. Kyungsoo lifted the box again.

 

‘Here, let me help.’, Jongin said, shocking the elder.

 

‘J-Jongin? N-no it’s okay. I can do this.’

 

‘Don’t be stubborn and let me help you while I’m being nice.’, Jongin said and the elder shook his head.

 

‘Come on! Let me help you!’, Jongin grumbled and his hand touched Kyungsoo’s hands to hold the boxes causing Kyungsoo to flinch at their skinship. The elder dropped the boxes on Jongin’s left foot causing the younger to yelp in pain.

 

‘YAH! I WANTED TO HELP YOU BUT WHY ON EARTH DID YOU DROP THE BOXES ON MY FOOT?!’, Jongin hollered.

 

‘You should’ve let me carry those boxes! Since when you’re so helpful?’, Kyungsoo snapped.

 

‘Aish! Forget it! I won’t help you anymore!’, Jongin walked away and ruffled his hair in frustration.

 

‘Stupid.’, Kyungsoo muttered and lifted those boxes again.

 

Kyungsoo’s thoughts were disrupted when he heard his message tone. He grabbed his phone and opened the message.

 

From: Brat

 

I’m Kim Jongin. I have butlers and maids to do it for me.

 

Kyungsoo stared at the phone. Why do I even bother? He got up and went to the kitchen to fix something for dinner. Kyungsoo was boiling noodles and adding some vegetables and meat into the pot when his phone rang. He bolted to the living room, dived into the couch and swiped the screen. Jongin?

 

‘Hello?’, Kyungsoo answered his phone.

 

Jongin on the other side of the line said ‘The flight is at 6am so be at the airport by 5am and don’t be late!’

 

Kyungsoo scoffed and said ‘Shouldn’t you be telling that to yourself?’

 

‘No. For your information, I always wake up early unlike someone who was late for his job interview.’

 

‘My alarm clock decided to die on that day because it knew I was going to meet you. Maybe I shouldn’t have went for the interview that day.’

 

‘Then why did you come?’

 

‘Oh, to save some CEO’s that needed a secretary.’

 

‘Shut up ,Kyungsoo. Don’t be late tomorrow.’

 

‘Make sure your butlers’ and maids’ alarm clocks are working.’, Kyungsoo teased. Jongin hung up and Kyungsoo laughed hysterically and stopped when he smelled something from the kitchen. He quickly ran to the kitchen and opened he lid of the pot. Kyungsoo blamed Jongin for eating soggy noodles for dinner.

 

*****

 

Kyungsoo walked into Incheon International Airport, pulling his luggage. He looked at his watch and smirked. 4:45am. I am definitely earlier than him. He headed to the waiting area and sat down. While waiting, he took out his file and scanned through the contracts. He was so absorbed into the contracts until he didn’t notice Jongin had arrived and was sitting behind him for the past 10 minutes. Jongin leaned forward and whispered ‘Kyungsoo’ and it scared the hell out of Kyungsoo causing him to hit whatever it was with the file he was holding. Smack! The file came in contact with Jongin’s face.

 

‘Ouch!’, the younger hissed. Kyungsoo turned around, ready to give a piece of his mind and saw Jongin holding his face and in pain. He widened his eyes.

 

‘J-Jongin? When did you get here?’

 

‘AISH! Why do have so much of energy at 5 in the morning!’, Jongin yelled, rubbing his red cheek.

 

‘That’s called self defense and don’t do that again!’, Kyungsoo snapped. Jongin shot him a scathing look.

 

‘Anyway, when did you get here?’, Kyungsoo asked, folding his arms and tapping his foot. Jongin looked like a five year old kid who got scolded for eating too much of candy. Jongin narrowed his eyes and said ‘I will not answer that.’ and walked away when he heard the announcement of the flight to Paris.

 

‘Yah! Wait for me!’, Kyungsoo stuffed his file into his bag and ran after Jongin. He stopped in front of the younger and asked ‘I came earlier than you right?’

 

‘Yes. Now move it.’, Jongin said, deadpanned.

 

‘AHAHA! YES!’, Kyungsoo laughed and clapped his hands with glee. The elder turned around and started walking towards the check-in counter. It amazes Jongin how Kyungsoo could change personalities in split seconds. Jongin looked at Kyungsoo who was all smiles as though he didn’t slapped Jongin with a file. Unknowingly, his lips twitched upwards.

 

‘Woah. We’re flying first class?’, Kyungsoo  looked at his ticket.

 

‘Of course. Kim Jongin flies first class.’, Jongin scoffs. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and ignore Jongin.

 

Dear passengers, please head to Gate 3 for flight KR921 heading to Paris at 6am. Thank you very much and enjoy your flight.

 

‘Come on, that’s our flight.’, Jongin stood up and Kyungsoo followed him.

 

The air stewardess led them to the VIP’s cabin. ‘Enjoy your flight,sir.’, she bowed before leaving them and Jongin thanked her.

 

‘Kyungsoo looked around the cabin and everything was so exclusive. A minibar, a snack counter, special toilet and two seats… wait two seats? Only Jongin and him will be in this cabin? Together? For 18 hours? Oh god.

 

Kyungsoo quickly dispersed his thoughts when Jongin coughed.

 

‘Are you just gonna stand there? Cause you’d make a good coat stand.’, Jongin said with a smirk.

 

‘No. Shut up.’, Kyungsoo hissed and walked towards his seat. He sat down and Jongin pushed his seat backwards to get comfortable. Kyungsoo took out  and his laptop to do some work.

 

‘Aren’t you gonna sleep? It’s a long flight.’, Jongin got up.

 

‘Later. There’s a few things I need to complete because I’ll not be at the office for a few days and I don’t want my work to pile up.’, Kyungsoo replied with a small smile and Jongin’s stomach lurched at the sight. ‘Oh.’ W-Why is my stomach like this?

 

Kyungsoo turned to his laptop and started typing. He could feel Jongin’s intense gaze from the side and he turned to younger. ‘W-What?’, a pink tinge started crawling up Kyungsoo’s cheeks. Jongin decided pink colour suits Kyungsoo.

 

‘Nothing.’, Jongin tore his gaze away from Kyungsoo and layed down and closed his eyes. He could feel Kyungsoo staring at him for a few seconds and then he heard the tappings of the keyboard.

 

After a few hours…

 

‘Yes! Done!’, Kyungsoo said with a satisfied smile. He stretched his arms and straightened his back because it felt stiff. He cupped his mouth and yawned softly. He turned around and saw Jongin sleeping peacefully and the side of Kyungsoo’s lips tugged upwards. He turned off his laptop and pushed his seat backwards and slowly drifted off to sleep.

 

When Jongin opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was Kyungsoo’s lips and Jongin immediately widened his eyes and quickly sat up and the plane seat hit his arm. Jongin mouthed ‘Ouuuch!’ and turned to Kyungsoo. He slowly laid back again and looked at the sleeping figure. Jongin studied Kyungsoo’s face and listened to the sound of the elder’s steady breathing with a smile on his face. I’ll treat you better.

 

A few hours later, Kyungsoo stirred and mumbled softly. He opened his eyes slowly and saw Jongin looking at him. He widened his eyes and quickly got up and immediately regretted because the plane seat hit his back. Jongin stifled his laughter and Kyungsoo scowled at him. ‘What are you looking at?’, Kyungsoo glared.

 

Jongin scoffed and said, ‘Well, good afternoon to you too.’

 

Kyungsoo ignored him and closed his eyes.

 

‘You hungry?’, the younger asked.

 

‘Yes. So be a good boss and order some food for your employee.’

 

‘Shouldn’t it be the other way round?’

 

‘No.’, Kyungsoo said and looked at Jongin from his seat.

 

The air stewardess pushed the trolley into the cabin and served them their food.

 

‘Ooooh. We’re eating steak?’, Kyungsoo looked delighted.

 

‘Of course, Kim Jongin eats steak.’, Jongin said but Kyungsoo ignored him and started eating.

 

 ‘Ahh, I’m full.’, Kyungsoo said with a satisfied smile. He walked around the cabin and checked out the minibar.

 

‘Glad to know that.’, Jongin said while swiping the screen of his tab.

 

‘Ladies and gentlemen, we are about to land at Paris International Airport. Please stay seated and thank you for flying with Korea Airlines.’

 

‘Landing time.’, Jongin said and buckled his seat belt. Hey, Kyungsoo. Sit down. We're landing and I'm not paying for your medical bill if anything happens.'

 

Kyungsoo ignored the younger and went to his seat.

 

 

 

 


Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this chapter :D I'll update the next chapter after a few days. Comment and subscribe ^^